CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.coldcase-earons.com/attack-list.php
From this list, here’s the breakdown, excluding the two marked “N/A”.
10 crimes in ’76 as EAR
18 crimes in ’77 as EAR
13 crimes in ’78 as EAR (in June ’78, he enlarges his territory to include Davis and Modesto. In October ’78 through July 5 ’79 he hits the 680 corridor- various locations from Concord to San Jose.)
4 crimes in ’79 as EAR
2 crimes in ’79 as ONS
2 crimes in ’80 as ONS
2 crimes in ’81 as ONS
1 crime in ’86 as ONS

&uC and all

Noone else had the info though did they. Oh sorry - you didn't look. Dang it. :smile:

Maybe because it’s wrong if they’re the only source saying it and it’s no local. Just a thought.

Could he have been a house-husband, stay-at-home dad during that time-frame?

He wasn't a dad until 1981, and his crimes had become fewer and deadlier by that time. His most active period was between '76 and '78.

he probably just need a hammer for the house and dog repellant to keep them out of his yard... lol

it would seem harmless enough but why would a cop shoplift jeopardizing his career? Didn't want a paper trail, to be recognized and/or collecting these items for a rape kit was part of the thrill/ritual of crime?.

Some families don't ask questions or not allowed to ask questions. Authoritative parents. Dad was a control freak, they may have walked on eggshells around him. My parents are very open and friendly I loved asking them questions about their live. I find it fascinating. I don't see my parents as authority figures as much as loving people that are also my parents.

And then there are some families who just don't care. I know virtually nothing about my parents' lives before I was born. Not every family is obsessed with geneology or family tree either. I have 3 siblings, and I can tell you for a fact that none of us has ever spent any time on ancestry.com or similar. In fact, when the discussion comes up (usually due to an ancestry.com commercial on TV) it is only for one of us to comment something like "Why do people obsess over ancestry like that?" I've heard my parents' siblings sometimes make the same off-handed comment. It seems to be a trait in some families (like mine) not to care about ancestry all that much. As kids, we didn't even have an ethnicity growing up. I still don't know what to say when people ask my background. I just dismiss the question with "It's scattered." I'm not adopted. I know who my parents and grandparents are/were. I know the names of one or two great grandparents. That's it. It's just not a big deal in some families.

considering she went on to not only marry him but have his children after the stealing dismissal from the force tells me she is either in denial or totally screwed up in the head.
do we know her name?
surely there is images of her? we have images of bonnie which likely isnt really fair.
she removed herself from the monster completely.
eta
ive researched her easily.there is plenty msm info on her why aren't we talking about her???
she was an enabler. she is part of the equation like it or not.

Studying to be an attorney engaged to a cop who shoplifts. I find it odd. I wonder how he explained it away as a harmless misunderstanding?

it would seem harmless enough but why would a cop shoplift jeopardizing his career? Didn't want a paper trail, to be recognized and/or collecting these items for a rape kit was part of the thrill/ritual of crime?.

Shoplifting could have been another compulsion. Another behavioural trait that resulted from his defective personality.

Or, it could have been related to his rapes, especially the dog spray. There are reports of him possibly having run-ins with dogs during his prowls. According to McNamarra's book, he slashed a 120 lb German shepard's abdomen open in the early 80s in Goleta. Right around the time he was prowling and killing in that city, so they believe its him. Also, some other maps of EARSON timelines include pins that say "Dog beaten - 1970-xx-xx". When you think of it, prowling peoples' yards, and breaking into their homes, you could easily be surprised by a protective dog. He had very good reason to want dog spray, and good reason not to be seen buying it. Maybe the hammer was just a throw-in.

The victim was a virgin. Despite being raped three times, the victim's hymen was reportedly still intact, which was a surprising find. Sacramento Medical Center staff said that it probably meant that the assailant was under-endowed, at least in terms of length.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/10.php

Okay I'm refreshing my memory and finding things that are odd.
Also finding actual medical evidence supporting that "not well endowed" statement.
I found this tidbit to be quite interesting. I'm guessing he's extremely small if that's the case.
I mean tampons have caused tears to the hymen.... so wow.

Which brings up the question of why in the world he raped them at all?
Wouldn't he not want to reveal his small member?
Why would he walk around without pants on, if he was so small?

It just seems contrary to how I would think a man in that situation would behave.
So much about this is just WEIRD and not logical behavior.

Absolutely psycho behavior.

I read somewhere along the way that a serial killer will often steal items used in the commission of their crimes as part of the dehumanizing of their victims. They are not going to “spend” any of their own money on their dark deeds. It’s possible that he shoplifted before every crime what he thought he needed according to the situation.

No. They discussed the rape victim then later starting talking about Debbie Domingo and how she lost her mother.

Debbi Domingo-McMullan was overjoyed when she learned of his arrest. There would finally be some justice for her mother, Cheri Domingo, who was slain with her boyfriend, Greg Sanchez, on July 27, 1981, in the Santa Barbara County community of Goleta.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/a...tate-Killer-crept-12872225.php#photo-15471937

thank you. I thought it was the same woman who was raped then returned to kill her mother & bf at another location.

Curioser,and curiouser.
Notice how the Maggiore info is missing. Hmmmmmmm.
Questerfiles shows how two suspects one who's sketch looks exactly like DeAngelo being questioned and cleared at the time of their murders.
Even though though some investigators didn't think they should be cleared.
Then he went on to shoplift the hammer,and dog repellant, freaking out, having to be restrained,and again no one batted an eye.
This stinks more than dog repellant.
Seriously.

Do you have the link? Do you think he had buddies who covered for him? Thin Blue Line?

Totally understand that.
My question is why didn't he stick to other ways of power and control? It seems it would have been safer for him, to stick to the crimes that left less direct evidence of who committed them. I realize that DNA wasn't a big thing, but just the description of his genitals was pretty helpful in linking the crimes together.

He beat, stole, restrained, psychologically tortured.... I wonder why those things were not enough for him? It seems unusual to have all of these in one person. Though, I guess not in a serial killer.

Possibly a whole new list of victims that haven't been connected yet as well.

I agree, so hard to believe he just stopped. Maybe he was medicated or something? Very strange. I do hope he brags and reveals everything.

I work for a lawyer and absolutely google everyone now as well.
However, did you google everyone in the 1990's?
How many times have news articles from 1970's popped up in your google searches?
It's just a totally different world and mindset today than it was back then.

Nobody questions my father in law. I totally understand that. I have no idea what might be in his past. I don't want to know. I just keep my distance and wait for his name to show up in the news. :gaah:

I google people in the 90's but there wasn't as much info then, but in some aspects lots of info has disappeared in twenty years also.

I guess I'm more snoopy than others but if I was married to a man who was gone for 2-4 hours a night with no real explanation or friends (that we know of), for an albi I'd start wondering what the heck was going on.
I'd assume an affair or after the local news of a serial rapist worse!
Esp. if he came hour, with cuts, bruises, exhausted, sweaty, smelling odd with scratch marks.
Maybe not everyone has a detective's mind. I was born inquistive and question anything out of place.

Remember she is a lawyer, and also 7 years younger then him! If we do a little assuming....the timeline looks like she would have been in college during VR years and law school during the EAR/ONS years. Add onto all that, she was a mother (presumably!) while still attending law school.

That timeline isn't confirmed, but I feel it's likely. She would have been so, so busy. If that was the situation, I could see her not knowing where he was, simply because she probably wasn't at home all that much.

Well, they fired him and he was convicted and paid a find and probation. So they definitely did more than bat an eye. Normally, you don't expect a police officer to have a history of serial rape and murder, even if he is busted for shop lifting. The cop in the Onion Field was also a compulsive shoplifter. He was no serial killer. I don't see how anyone could have drawn a conclusion like "Hey, if this guy is stealing dog repellent and a hammer, and he's a cop, so we should look at him for the EAR series!" That line of reasoning would occur to exactly no one, no matter how seasoned a detective. It only looks "obvious" now with the benefit of hindsight. He was never on anyone's radar until last week. And only because of a familial DNA match.

I disagree. A teen in my town stole rape kit items, they questioned him and caught him in the act of B%E and charged with rape this was way back in the 70's by a beat cop. His shoplifting was a huge red flad so they tailed him.

And then there are some families who just don't care. I know virtually nothing about my parents' lives before I was born. Not every family is obsessed with geneology or family tree either. I have 3 siblings, and I can tell you for a fact that none of us has ever spent any time on ancestry.com or similar. In fact, when the discussion comes up (usually due to an ancestry.com commercial on TV) it is only for one of us to comment something like "Why do people obsess over ancestry like that?" I've heard my parents' siblings sometimes make the same off-handed comment. It seems to be a trait in some families (like mine) not to care about ancestry all that much. As kids, we didn't even have an ethnicity growing up. I still don't know what to say when people ask my background. I just dismiss the question with "It's scattered." I'm not adopted. I know who my parents and grandparents are/were. I know the names of one or two great grandparents. That's it. It's just not a big deal in some families.

ok, good to know. My family is obsessed with genalogy. We collect books on our family history.

I read somewhere along the way that a serial killer will often steal items used in the commission of their crimes as part of the dehumanizing of their victims. They are not going to “spend” any of their own money on their dark deeds. It’s possible that he shoplifted before every crime what he thought he needed according to the situation.

this makes sense.

It's hard to imagine he could control his urges? The rapes sound very compulsive and ritualistic. How does a predator just stop? What outlet would he have to stop himself? I'd look for other missing persons during those years. He might have hid the bodies better to avoid being caught since he was aware of DNA evidence used to solve crimes.

I agree. Though "experts" on serial killers say some are able to stop, I really have doubts about this guy being able to just stop. He may have taken a different turn in his method of operation and zeroed in on people he knew wouldn't be missed, killed them and was able to dispose of their bodies so they were never found.

I wonder if anything has come out of the backyard searches of DeAngelos home?

Totally understand that.
My question is why didn't he stick to other ways of power and control? It seems it would have been safer for him, to stick to the crimes that left less direct evidence of who committed them. I realize that DNA wasn't a big thing, but just the description of his genitals was pretty helpful in linking the crimes together.

He beat, stole, restrained, psychologically tortured.... I wonder why those things were not enough for him? It seems unusual to have all of these in one person. Though, I guess not in a serial killer.

Rape is so much more traumatizing, intimate, and violating than simply getting beaten or robbed. JJD seemed to really enjoy in seeing the misery in others. I think that was an aspect he really just couldn't help himself. He wanted to see this women in the ultimate misery. That was the true purpose of the crimes, at least in the EAR/ONS phase - not the robbery or even beatings. Everything else centered around the rapes, aka making these women feel as violated and powerless as humanly possible.

His comment was interesting, but him guessing that the person was a vet of the Vietnam war is almost a given considering the suggested age range of the killer. But he was giving JJD too much credit assuming he was special forces, we know JJD was in the Navy I believe and likely saw no combat. A lot of the comment is just logical inference... he hated women, was angry, and jealous. Of course! Why else rape & bludgeon so many people? A lot of the rest is just way off base with what we know now.
Are you looking at a different article than the one I linked?

Hi All. I have joined a group of educated citizen sleuths who would like to see if there is a connection between GSK and the murder of Debbie Dorian. If anyone in central CA has any info that they would be comfortable with sharing, or if anyone is interested in helping research this case please feel free to message me. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow