CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. The guy on the right looks like the Zodiac composite from the Paul Stine murder. One could really let one's imagination run wild. EARONS and the Zodiac photos side by side in the Exeter Sun. :happydance:

But the photo of Deagnelo looks like a dead ringer for the composite of the Visalia Ransacker. The resemblance is uncanny. They really nailed it way back then. I can't believe nobody recognized him as a local cop. So many people saw the VR's face up close. Said he looked pasty and schoolboyish.

You're right. Both composites look like those two officers. Hmmmm.

Hey Everyone,

Websleuths needs your help.

Websleuths is in a serious financial dilemma. If you can donate we would greatly appreciate it. However, do not donate if it puts you in any sort of financial stress.

You can donate through https://www..com/websleuths-is-on-the-brink where there is more information about Websleuths situation.

You can donate using PAYPAL and us the email address websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Lets's bumpity bump this thread, shall we?:happydance::happydance::happydance:

A new interview with the man who sacked JJD for shoplifting:

Retired Police Chief Willick was at the head of the Auburn Police Department when DeAngelo was an officer there. From 1976 to 1979, DeAngelo wore the uniform of the police department.

Willick is the man who fired DeAngelo from that job for shoplifting.

"He violated the trust of the people," Willick said. "It was clear from our investigation he committed a theft and there’s no room in law enforcement for someone that steals."

But beyond that, Willick says there weren’t any other red flags. He describes DeAngelo as an average Joe.

Even the stuff he was accused of stealing, a hammer and dog repellent, didn’t stand out at the time as the potential tools of a rapist and murderer.

"Law enforcement would carry dog repellant too because, like a mailman, officers go to doors and dogs chase after them," Willick said. "So it wasn’t anything that sent up a red flag."

http://fox40.com/2018/04/29/former-police-chief-who-fired-joseph-deangelo-says-hes-embarrassed/

... And now, the latest addition of obviously predictable statements from a defense attorney that nonetheless have me rolling my eyes so far back in my head that they get lost,

DeAngelo is "depressed and right now, fragile," attorney Diane Howard told CNN.

Howard told reporters that she feels her client has received "unfair press."

"I feel like he's been tried here in the press already," she said.

(I know, I know...just doing her job... :sick:
:banghead:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/27/us/golden-state-killer-arraignment/index.html

Visalia Ransacker Wikipedia info:

It is possible that several earlier reported prowler and voyeur incidents starting from mid-1973, an attempted rape on October 9, 1974, or a rape/kidnap on April 3, 1975, were also the work of the Ransacker.[23][21] Similarly, a couple of crimes after the McGowen attack may also be linked.[23] There is also some speculation that other incidents, such as the deaths of Mt. Whitney High School students Jennifer Armour (aged 15; disappeared November 15, 1974; found dead November 24, 1974) and Donna Richmond (aged 14; killed December 27, 1975), could also be linked.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visalia_Ransacker

... And now, the latest addition of obviously predictable statements from a defense attorney that nonetheless have me rolling my eyes so far back in my head that they get lost,

DeAngelo is "depressed and right now, fragile," attorney Diane Howard told CNN.

Howard told reporters that she feels her client has received "unfair press."

"I feel like he's been tried here in the press already," she said.

(I know, I know...just doing her job... :sick:
:banghead:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/27/us/golden-state-killer-arraignment/index.html

I have great respect for defense attorneys. It is their job to uphold the law and guide a client through the process ensuring their rights and the law are adhered to. It's the yang in the judicial system.
I do not however respect a defense attorney who tries to diminish the many, many victims by using the word "unfair" when speaking about this monster. She should stick to just facts and take out emotional verbiage. It's not gonna help.

“I was absolutely flabbergasted,” said Ron Osborn, DeAngelo’s brother-in-law.

Osborn says the family is in disbelief.

“When you see the picture of someone you know so very close, there’s that shock element and to look at Joe, I never suspected,” Osborn said. “We had a family type relationship, we joked, we hunted, went boating and none of this would rear its head as being a personality trait.”

“We played cards at the house, had family nights,” he said.

And for the last 27 years, he’s worked as a mechanic at a Save Mart Distribution Center in Roseville.

“He seemed like a nice guy, it’s just mindblowing,” said Tim Muriset.

Muriset worked with DeAngelo at Save Mart. He said DeAngelo just retired last year and he can’t believe he’s allegedly tied to some of the most horrific crimes imaginable.

“He used to get vertigo and couldn’t get out of bed sometimes so he had to stay home. When you talk to him, you just never thought, he’s been with the company for years, oh my god,” he said.

Save Mart confirmed DeAngelo’s employment, releasing a statement saying:

“None of his actions in the workplace would have lead us to suspect any connection to crimes being attributed to him.”

“It’s sad and tragic but my heart goes out to his immediate family, no matter what the situation was at home, it’s still a shock and awe in that,” said Osborn.

http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/04/26/who-is-joseph-deangelo/

A new interview with the man who sacked JJD for shoplifting:

Sounds like LE is beating themselves up for not connecting the dots...

"I feel personally embarrassed," Willick said. "It’s a black eye not just on my department but law enforcement."

Retired Police Chief Willick was at the head of the Auburn Police Department when DeAngelo was an officer there.

MOO

I have great respect for defense attorneys. It is their job to uphold the law and guide a client through the process ensuring their rights and the law are adhered to. It's the yang in the judicial system.
I do not however respect a defense attorney who tries to diminish the many, many victims by using the word "unfair" when speaking about this monster. She should stick to just facts and take out emotional verbiage. It's not gonna help.

Don’t tell me they’re actually going to mount a defense on this - I know they have to play the system but this guy needs to plead and be done. He’s probably depressed because he just got to retire and there goes that... too damn bad! The victims never even got to live their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visalia Ransacker Wikipedia info:

It is possible that several earlier reported prowler and voyeur incidents starting from mid-1973, an attempted rape on October 9, 1974, or a rape/kidnap on April 3, 1975, were also the work of the Ransacker.[23][21] Similarly, a couple of crimes after the McGowen attack may also be linked.[23] There is also some speculation that other incidents, such as the deaths of Mt. Whitney High School students Jennifer Armour (aged 15; disappeared November 15, 1974; found dead November 24, 1974) and Donna Richmond (aged 14; killed December 27, 1975), could also be linked.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visalia_Ransacker

From the same Wikipedia article:

Despite physical analysis, and the unusual presence or use of hand lotions, no sign of "masturbation discharge" was detected at crime scenes.

So hand lotion was present at the VR scenes? That was a major signature of later EAR crime scenes. I'm surprised that the hand lotion was evident that early. I'm also surprised that despite that similarity, some detectives still dismissed a linkage between the two series. There are just too many similarities to be ignored.

In his later crimes, he used the hand lotion for lubrication for committing his sexual assaults. The presence of hand lotion in the VR series shows he was at least planning for the possibility of rape should the opportunity arise during his burglaries. Indeed, he was carrying out an abduction when he shot the professor in 1975.

Like it or not, unfair press coverage is fair game for a defense attorney to claim. I never blame defense attorneys for the things they say and do in defense of their client unless they break the law, you always have to bear in mind that they have a duty to act on their clients instructions to a certain extent, as well as ensuring the law is stuck to and all the rest. If he's whining that the press coverage is soooo unfair she might be rolling her eyes in private but she still has to do her job.

Just reported on Crime & Justice that he has part of a finger missing due to a accident in the Navy.

From the same Wikipedia article:

Despite physical analysis, and the unusual presence or use of hand lotions, no sign of "masturbation discharge" was detected at crime scenes.

So hand lotion was present at the VR scenes? That was a major signature of later EAR crime scenes. I'm surprised that the hand lotion was evident that early. I'm also surprised that despite that similarity, some detectives still dismissed a linkage between the two series. There are just too many similarities to be ignored.

In his later crimes, he used the hand lotion for lubrication for committing his sexual assaults. The presence of hand lotion in the VR series shows he was at least planning for the possibility of rape should the opportunity arise during his burglaries. Indeed, he was carrying out an abduction when he shot the professor in 1975.

Take Wikipedia with a grain of salt. Anyone can edit it without reference it can take month if not years for someone to correct false or misinformation.

According to ABC TV News w/ David Muir- today- JJD threatened to kill his boss when he was fired at the police dept.

for shoplifting.

“He used to get vertigo and couldn’t get out of bed sometimes so he had to stay home.” Tim Muriset, co-worker...thx to SecretAgentMan

Hmmm.....not exactly a condition experienced by most people who like to walk on roofs!

On another topic....I’m brushing up on my genealogy skills and I have a question: could two brothers, who are not twins, from same parents have identical DNA?

“He used to get vertigo and couldn’t get out of bed sometimes so he had to stay home.” Tim Muriset, co-worker...thx to SecretAgentMan

Hmmm.....not exactly a condition experienced by most people who like to walk on roofs!

On another topic....I’m brushing up on my genealogy skills and I have a question: wouldn’t two brothers from same parents have identical DNA?

No. Only identical twins have identical DNA. Even more mind-blowing, while we inherit 50% of our DNA from each parent, we do not necessarily inherit 25% from each grandparent. For example, you can get 40% of your DNA from your maternal grandmother and only 10% from your maternal grandfather. There's a process of recombination at work. Each of your siblings will get some different combination.

No. Only identical twins have identical DNA. Even more mind-blowing, while we inherit 50% of our DNA from each parent, we do not necessarily inherit 25% from each grandparent. For example, you can get 40% of your DNA from your maternal grandmother and only 10% from your maternal grandfather. There's a process of recombination at work. Each of your siblings will get some different combination.

Also weird that identical twins have identical DNA but different fingerprints. Off topic, but just thought it was interesting.

rsbm.

Yes lotion was present at numerous VR scenes, in some cases JJD brought it with him in other cases he would use the victims own lotion (many of the victims attended Mt Whitney High School or attended First Baptist Church in Visalia or both)

The presence of lotion at both sets of crime scenes was one MO linkage - an expert in one of the very recent television specials - either 'Unmasking a Killer' or "The Golden State Killer - It's Not Over" - stated that there were FIFTY similarities in MO between the two.

I posted this link in a previous thread, but the discussion is moving so fast many people probably missed it.

In April 2017 a podcast series began on the VR and EAR cases. There were 15 episodes in total (plus a post-script) and I cannot recommend them enough:

https://12-26-75.com/

Or just search 12-26-75 on iTunes

I implore anyone who is really interested in the case to listen to the podcast - especially from Episode 8 - 15 which deal exclusively with the VR and EAR.

ps Very happy to state that they are working on a new episode 12-26-75 since the arrest of JJD :scared:

He must have had to take lots of days off from work because of 'vertigo' and go for therapeutic motorcycle rides blowing through stop signs going a cool 100mph. That's great for vertigo I'm certain. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz