Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link!
attachment.php

According to the link where I found the photo, it's a screen grab from the 48 Hours episode on the Golden State Killer.

https://vimeo.com/255376910

Michelle McNamara's book had nothing to do with his arrest?
BS
SHE PINNED HIM A NEW NAME!!!
& they repeatedly said
"GOLDEN STATE KILLER"
numerous times in the PC.
Michelle made people ask about the GSK!
She brought people back to the search!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This has been a long time coming, and I'm SO glad he's still alive to face the consequences. But, really, what's the worst that will happen to him? California only retains the death penalty as a plea bargaining chip. As punishment for 12 murders he'll live out his days watching TV and lounging around, 3 meals a day and full health coverage.

I'm sure the usual suspects are salivating over the chance to defend him in court.

depressing isn't it? well, his victims lived in terror for the last 40 + years.

I can't imagine how his neighbors feel, his friends acquaintances, and worst of all his family...daughters.

A number of years ago I had a neighbor, FBI came to see me and wanted to know what I knew about him... ...Not much really other than he appeared to do well since he had a Ferrari. They told me yes, he had expensive tastes,...too much so....he was CIA, a double agent AND a hit man. Gah! He disappeared so fast...never found out if he was apprehended.

You never know.....ugh.

you never know, but you always get this gut feeling right?! You know when things don't add up.

I know I've posted this twice already today, but geeeez, HE WAS FIRED AS A COP FOR SHOPLIFTING DOG REPELLANT AND A HAMMER. EAR/ONS task force members suspected the attacker could have police and/or military experience. Yet, at the press conference today, they said he was never "on their list"? My mind is kinda blown right now.

It would be interesting to compare the FBI's profile of the offender (I assume there is one) with what comes out about this character. How accurate was it, and in what respects did they get it wrong?

Wow. So he was possibly married at the time he committed these heinous crimes. Mind-boggling. LE was probably looking for the troubled loner, not the guy next door. Just chilling.

Can you imagine living 45 years with a man and then finding this out? I feel sorry for her, his family and all of the survivors and victims families. I'm glad he's been caught.

Makes sense he married a lawyer. He knew he'd need her help one day.
ETA: He may have asked her questions about other cases not knowing he was using that info to cover his own tracks. It would depend on what type of attorney she is.

People tracked her down through the Ancestry genealogy boards where you can find the name of his wife and kids. There's a very negative Yelp review for an attorney with his wife's name practicing where they lived. Also, the older daughter's twitter had shown her educational credentials & that she is a doctor (MD), but everything has now been deleted (can't blame her at all; imagine finding out all of this about your dad in your mid-30s!). Successful family.

Looks like his parents lived in Visalia - I saw a copy of his mom's obit from the Visalia paper from 2010. Another old news article shows he did visit Australia back in 1967 when he was in the Navy. I don't know if he ever went back. Hopefully we'll get some questions answered in about two hours.

I think he was arrested for something else and then forensics did their job. Its astonishing he wasn't caught sooner given how careless he was with forensic evidence but I suppose they didn't know about such things back when he was active.

This guy wasn't pegged yesterday or even last week. LE has to have been watching him for some time and developing an AIR TIGHT CASE. I will be very curious to hear how this all came to be. My initial instinct was that someone who long suspected him phoned it in.

ACD74

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/australia-mr-cruel-golden-state-killer-ear-links-12860517.php
this article written before the arrest today stated that investigators in Los Angeles had a suspect in mind who moved to Australia and wanted to know if there was a connection to Mr. Cruel. It is not clear if the suspect is the same one arrested today. Good work by all the people involved over the years to track and finally arrest the suspect!

Shoplifting dog repellant - I guess now we know why the dogs didn't go for him in the homes he broke into.

I wonder what he did after being kicked off the police force.

The commentator mentioned that it was a middle or upper middle class neighbourhood. It makes one wonder what De Angelo has been doing in the years since he was fired by LE to afford what is presumably a comfortable lifestyle and a decent property.

Holy Crikeys!! I can't believe it! I'm still waiting for someone to say 'April Fools' or something. I had had an increasing feeling after the TV series that this guy definitely had exposure to military/police tactics and was to controlled to be a teenager. So much makes sense now...WOW!!! So glad for Jane and the other victims ...Hoping for a DNA confirmation soon......

Wow. If true it will be VERY interesting to learn what he did in Australia that led to his DNA being taken there.

I can't wait for today's presser! Thinking of Michelle McNamara ... she would be happy.

He was engaged to a woman named Bonnie. But the marriage was cancelled. That explains why he was crying "I hate you Bonnie, I hated you" in one of his attacks.

https://imgur.com/a/1aHJkd5

They were conducting surveillance, got discarded DNA and it confirmed JJD. -- from presser.

A daughter I believe.
Moo

WOW! unbelievable!!!!

Bruce Harrington speaking -- Bruce is the surviving brother of EAR/ONS/GSK victim Keith Harrington and assisted in changing California law that required the DNA samples of all prisoners being held by the state, as well as those arrested for felonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7_LnFNCs58&feature=youtu.be

I missed it: Who did Bruce Herrington refer to when he said "I shamed you then, and I shame you now. You were wrong."

Very moving to see and hear the brother of one of the victims in Orange County.

The politicians who opposed him when he supported a DNA database.

Well that's what you get for collecting trophies, genius.

They got a tip that led them to the suspect, followed him, obtained some discarded DNA, and matched it to the samples found at the crime scenes. I heard one official say that.

Age...evidently had kids....burned out.

I know it's a weird question, but i have to wonder why he stopped ?

I wouldn't be so sure he quit. So chilling that he told a neighbor that he was going to do a lot of fishing when he retired.
He also moved to Astrailia for a while. He may be Mr. Cruel. Although authorities have ruled him out because the victims were younger,and he kidnapped 3 of them. Guess they never heard how these evil scum ramp things up,and change a few things so as to throw the scent off them.
Unless they have DNA to prove It's not him It's really extremely foolish to rule him out as Mr. Cruel.
I bet there are more victims. He went from Vasalia Ransacker,to Earons,to GSK, maybe Mr. Cruel.
I wonder what his next step from there was.

Wow. Just learning about the news. So glad they finally got him.

Have to read more about the news now.

I wouldn't think so, as he was currently living with his daughter and grand daughter. Would the wife be OK with that if she knew about his crimes? IDK...

I would hope NOT. But, I've followed so many cases I no longer assume the spouse is innocent anymore. I know I'm super jaded.

Woo hoo! I am stunned by this news. There is hope out there for solving other cold cases, too. Thanks to LE for never giving up looking for this monster!

I know I've posted this twice already today, but geeeez, HE WAS FIRED AS A COP FOR SHOPLIFTING DOG REPELLANT AND A HAMMER. EAR/ONS task force members suspected the attacker could have police and/or military experience. Yet, at the press conference today, they said he was never "on their list"? My mind is kinda blown right now.

a hammer and dog repellent the combo is a HUGE red flag for me. Why did he shoplift it? that's really bizarre?

a hammer and dog repellent the combo is a HUGE red flag for me. Why did he shoplift it? that's really bizarre?

He shoplifted so no one could connect him to buying those products IMHO

Interestingly, his daughters were born 1981, 1986 and 1989.
He was definitely most active pre-children. He married to his now ex-wife Sharon Marie Huddle in 1973.

Since he was married in 1973....I wonder if his wife had any uncomfortable inklings about what he was doing. If he brought home driver's licenses and whatever else trophies, how did he hide them?

Michelle McNamara's book had nothing to do with his arrest?
BS
SHE PINNED HIM A NEW NAME!!!
& they repeatedly said
"GOLDEN STATE KILLER"
numerous times in the PC.
Michelle made people ask about the GSK!
She brought people back to the search!
Moo

I believe what he was saying was, no new facts were gleaned from the book that they didn't already know. Which is true. He wasn't making it an issue, just answering a question.

im thinking it will be life without. death is very costly here and takes forever and he will die naturally before they can execute him anyways

Which means he'll live out his days on Death Row, which imo is a worse punishment than a quick death anyway.

Serves him right too.

Since he was married in 1973....I wonder if his wife had any uncomfortable inklings about what he was doing. If he brought home driver's licenses and whatever else trophies, how did he hide them?
Wondering if his wife and kids wore some of the things he stole?
Maybe when his mother died some of her items were sold or given away and perhaps even recognized, like the fancy dishes for example.
imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member