CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have links to watch the arraignment live? I’m not near a TV. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astonishing the advances made in solving these crimes. I didn't follow this case, and know very little about it. Just started reading when I saw an arrest had been made. To know he was a LE during part of his crime spree is just sickening. Using that title and uniform to hide his evil.

His family...I just keep thinking about the family and how they possibly had no clue his past, even if he was a mean, cursing man at times, most people wouldn't just jump to thinking their parent, sibling, etc, was a raging serial murderer and rapist. I can't imagine that level of betrayal. You think you know someone, only to realize you never knew them. Memories you have all change in hindsight.

Him sitting in jail, wondering how they finally caught him, what the next action will be, what the next questions will be, etc, etc, now he may feel a bit of the fear his victims felt. Knowing he isn't the strong young man he once was, and is now vulnerable himself. Good. Let him sweat. Let him feel that fear. His secret is being exposed. All those he interacted with over the years are now finding out the real him. Not the face he showed others, but his true self is being exposed, tiny penis and all.

Sorry if this has been already mentioned..

On the latest TV show last night (rerun, I'm sure you guys know which one I'm talking about, it's probably on ID or oxygen), anyway, at the very end, there was a brief textual addition in a couple sentences stating the update with the name and date of arrest.

Also, sorry really behind here, I'm sure this has been posted, preview for tomorrow's show "Unmasking a Killer":

Programming note:*For more on this case, watch HLN's marathon of "Unmasking a Killer" starting at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 28, or binge the series now*on CNNgo.
https://cnncreativemarketing.com/project/unmasking

Eta: OMG I'm such an airhead...is this the same show? :blushing:

Sorry if this has been already mentioned..

On the latest TV show last night (rerun), at the very end, there was a brief textual addition in a couple sentences re: the name and date of arrest.

Also, sorry really behind here, I'm sure this has been posted, preview for tomorrow's show "Unmasking a Killer":
https://cnncreativemarketing.com/project/unmasking

margarita25: Thanks for posting the link for "Unmasking a Killer". I tried finding this last night, to no avail.

O/T, I'd like to plug this formula in for the heck of it in some other cases (300 miles south (Abby and Libby for example), moo:

For reference:

"We thought he would never stop, but then two months after the Maggiore homicides, the East Area Rapist left our jurisdiction. It was like he disappeared in thin air," said Carol Daly, a retired detective from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department.

That's when a serial attacker began terrorizing Santa Barbara County, California -- more than 300 miles south of Sacramento. Police didn't realize it at the time, but the attacker's crimes fit the same pattern as Sacramento's East Area Rapist. He attacked women and couples across Southern California from December 1979 to May 1986, and became known there as the Original Night Stalker."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/25/us/golden-state-killer-development/index.html

Regaring GSK’s Strange Smell: There are at least three kinds of fairly rare gentic conditions that can cause odd smell. I found this yesterday but cannot recall where (will look) but one can look up each condition separately.

”The three medical conditions that can influence our overall health include: trimethylaminuria, also known as "fish odor syndrome"; isovaleric acidemia, which causes some people to smell like sweaty feet; and hypermethioninemia, which produces a boiled cabbage-like smell. Symptoms of these conditions can be pungent, and sometimes extremely dangerous.”

I cannot see any great advantage but lots of disadvantages with the notion that he sprayed himself with dog spray, including, but not limited to the fact that he’d have to smell it on himself and family or co-workers would smell it. Since this man appears never to have been wired right, I’d say look more into genetic disorders.

Does anyone have links to watch the arraignment live? I’m not near a TV. TIA

Looking, I'm way behind.

The suspected Golden State Killer is set to appear in court Friday
By Nicole Chavez, CNN
Updated 1:47 PM ET, Fri April 27, 2018

Regaring GSK’s Strange Smell: .

Wow, this thing abut strange smell is really getting out of control. :)

Most of the victims said he had no noticeable smell.

There was no alcohol on his breath even though he regularly left two empty beer cans at the scene.

Just 1 victim out of 50 attacks reported smelling cigarette smoke, but it was highly likely he was pretending to be a smoker to throw off LE as he often left cigarette butts at the scene. The Green River killer NEVER smoked or chewed gum in his life and he would regularly sprinkle gum and cigarettes at his crime scenes.

A small number of victims noticed a bad odor.

For the past 40 years people have been of the opinion that the very rare bad smell came from the attacks where he had to reuse some clothes that had gotten dirty, sweaty in a previous attack or traveling a large distance on foot or by bicycle to an attack.

In the past 3 days people have suddenly heard about his arrest for shoplifting dog repellent and are putting 2 and 2 together to make make 5. Now suddenly the theory is that he coated himself in dog repellent before every attack, you would think he practically bathed in the stuff from reading some posts! :)

Three facts that may help some people not very familiar to the case :)

1.) He almost never smelled bad, in over 50 attacks it was a small minority who reported a bad odor.
2.) He knew exactly which houses had loud and/or dangerous dogs because he spent days or weeks snooping round each house and broke into them numerous times BEFORE carrying out his rapes. Most houses he attacked did not have any dogs whatsoever, and he knew that well in advance.
3.) He would sometimes have to jog or ride a bicycle for many kilometres / miles traveling to and from his target houses, using the canal system. Then he would stash clothes and a mask he was going to use for an attack in bag either in a vacant house or in some bushes several days before he attacked. On occasion those sweaty clothes sitting in a bag for three or four days before he put them back on just before commencing is attack, would give off a mildly unpleasant odor.

The dog repellent may have been a once off thing for a particular victim he was planning to attack, and had already seen was in possession of a large, aggressive dog.

It was definitely not something he used to coat himself in before every attack.

Hope this helps! :)

Wow. So he was possibly married at the time he committed these heinous crimes. Mind-boggling. LE was probably looking for the troubled loner, not the guy next door. Just chilling.

Right. No way it could the cop assigned to robbery detail busted for shop lifting dog repellant,and a hammer.

His wife moved out in 1997 with the 3 girls. “He would come by on a regular basis and scream and yell from the driveway and never step inside,” said the neighbor, who didn’t want his name used. “He and Sharon would get in epic shouting battles. It was a very volatile relationship when he came over and it was not good. It was just very toxic.”
The cops came to her home after the arrest but she did not let them in, talking to them for several hours on the sidewalk.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/...spects-ex-wife-said-there-was-always-trouble/

OK, but glasses can be added.. Just plain frames or maybe random weak power lens glasses if not needed.
I do not consider this to be an exclusionary fact.

Are there unchanging reasons why DeAngelo could not be the Zodiac?
Example: He was too young, he was in Vietnam during a murder, he had poor letter writing skills or math skills ( Zodiac's ciphers are not easy, for the most part).
That sort of thing.

ZodiacGSK.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_Killer

I had to check the dates that Zodiac was active. Also, I made a side-by-side comparison. I think GSK is too young to be the Zodiac killer from the sketch, in addition to the fact that I don't think there's a resemblance. And as others have already pointed out, the MOs don't match.

Thank you margarita25 & enelram[emoji16] Much appreciated

Genealogy site didn't know it was used to seek serial killer

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The genealogy website used to find the man accused of being California's Golden State Killer had no idea its database was tapped in pursuit of a suspect who eluded law enforcement for four decades, the site co-founder said Friday.

Authorities never approached Florida-based GEDmatch about the case, and Curtis Rogers said law enforcement's use of the site raised privacy concerns that were echoed by civil liberties groups.

The free genealogy website, which pools DNA profiles that people upload and share publicly to find relatives, said it has always informed users its database can be used for other purposes. But Rogers said the company does not "hand out data."

"This was done without our knowledge, and it's been overwhelming," he told The Associated Press.

For the team of investigators tracking the attacker suspected of killing 13 people and raping nearly 50 women during the 1970s and '80s, GEDmatch was one of the best tools, lead investigator Paul Holes told the Mercury News in San Jose.

Officials did not need a court order to access GEDMatch's large database of genetic blueprints, Holes said. Major commercial DNA companies say they do not give law enforcement access to their genetic data without a court order.

[...]

http://www.newsminer.com/news/natio...cle_b5631652-f850-54ba-9d85-a0f20b37a32d.html

Re: attractive victims.

I definitely noticed this. And also, it seems that so many of the couples were newly married or otherwise in particularly happy "enviable " positions. Pure jealousy may have been a motive. When you have a life that seems unfair to you, seeing others that are happy can really stick in your craw (if you're a jerk with no understanding that life is unfair for all of us, and that makes it KIND of fair). Perhaps he was determined to personally destroy as many "happy homelife"s as possible. It's why he ate their food. It's why he stole sentimental items, with love and history attached.

I don't think it's a weird question at all.

I don't think he stopped. I think he just got sneakier,and changed things up. Took it underground so to speak.
I bet there are more bodies out there yet to be found,and attributed to him.
I also bet he has snuff films, kiddie *advertiser censored*, and other really sick stuff on his computer, or even video tapes, etc in his cache of things. Along with his souviniers he kept from his victims.
Guys like this don't stop until they get caught,or die.

Eww. I lost my appetite! Good info though.

As a nursing student,
I learned to identify the odor of cancer on someone's breath.
It's scary really, because I smell it MONTHS before they are even disgnosed!!!
(I can't tell anyone, hey, go to the doctor, I smell cancer on your breath)
No doctor would believe that!
So, I sit and wait to hear of the diagnosis...

I would definitely want you to tell me. There are dogs that are trained to smell it. Who cares if a doctor believed it? Do your part and tell someone, let the rest take care of itself.

Genealogy site didn't know it was used to seek serial killer

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The genealogy website used to find the man accused of being California's Golden State Killer had no idea its database was tapped in pursuit of a suspect who eluded law enforcement for four decades, the site co-founder said Friday.

Authorities never approached Florida-based GEDmatch about the case, and Curtis Rogers said law enforcement's use of the site raised privacy concerns that were echoed by civil liberties groups.

The free genealogy website, which pools DNA profiles that people upload and share publicly to find relatives, said it has always informed users its database can be used for other purposes. But Rogers said the company does not "hand out data."

"This was done without our knowledge, and it's been overwhelming," he told The Associated Press.

For the team of investigators tracking the attacker suspected of killing 13 people and raping nearly 50 women during the 1970s and '80s, GEDmatch was one of the best tools, lead investigator Paul Holes told the Mercury News in San Jose.

Officials did not need a court order to access GEDMatch's large database of genetic blueprints, Holes said. Major commercial DNA companies say they do not give law enforcement access to their genetic data without a court order.

[...]

http://www.newsminer.com/news/natio...cle_b5631652-f850-54ba-9d85-a0f20b37a32d.html

Please tell me this will not affect the ability to prosecute JJD[emoji15] MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members