CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But WHO sent them the tip that led to the surveillance, and WHY did it only happen NOW?!!!

Amazing job. So glad that person spoke up. Did they hold onto this for years?.... who are they. Great job to LE and advocates of the victims. May these family celebrate this afncmrk hole and diabolical loser who thank goodness is alive tand is cognitively coherent enough to know he has been caught!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that shocked look on his face. He NEVER thought this would happen. Great, great gumshoe work from LE!!
Here is the mugshot:

attachment.php

So no Australia connection then? Does anyone know why he was dismissed from the police force? He has two children? Thanks guys.

I’m so curious about the DNA. The way the were answering questions about it I wonder if one of his kids or some other related person did a DNA kit like Ancestry or 23&me and matched the sample they had or maybe a relative was arrested and had dna taken and was matched that way?

So now we know how he was able to escape those burglaries & rapes, he was on the inside, he was a cop going back to like 1973......he was agile & athletic from being in the military, then a cop.......was able to do his recon work as a cop, stalked, etc.....I wonder if he got information on his victims from sources at his job as a cop.

I also wonder what shift he worked on as a cop.......this will all come out eventually.

Another question is, was he at the town hall meeting where the man stood up & then became his next victim along with his wife........oh so many questions, the answers will come out.

There's a picture floating around from that meeting. Take a good look .......

Love that shocked look on his face. He NEVER thought this would happen. Great, great gumshoe work from LE!!

Very true! He probably thought he would never get caught after so many years.

They got a tip that led them to the suspect, followed him, obtained some discarded DNA, and matched it to the samples found at the crime scenes. I heard one official say that.

I wonder if the person who sent in the tip likes to read or listen to podcasts... they didn’t really know about the case prior to some recent publicity and maybe were too young and just didn’t know to put it together. Then they somehow knew what they had not before. From there is all makes sense and it all unfolds? Perhaps the book actually did lead to more coverage and that is how the person knew. Simply from reading the inside flap of the book in a store. We shall see.

The only time he may have been in Australia was during his time in the Navy. He was fired after shoplifting. He has two or three kids.

All this renewed interest - book, podcasts, tv specials, proposed HBO doc series and then he is nailed. Coincidence? I don't think so. It got to the tipster. Had to. Again, just my opinion. ACD74

I’m so curious about the DNA. The way the were answering questions about it I wonder if one of his kids or some other related person did a DNA kit like Ancestry or 23&me and matched the sample they had or maybe a relative was arrested and had dna taken and was matched that way?

They matched some DNA he discarded while they were surveilling him to DNA from the crime scenes.

Who knows, he could have stopped at a Starbucks and left his empty cup on a table. When he left, detectives took it and tested it. One possible scenario.

Question was asked if his name had ever come up before, answer NO

There was a sense of... something. Maybe sadness, maybe disappointment when the DA for a moment breathed hesitantly and then said “no”. That felt big to me.

No, they got his name from a tip from the public and followed him around and collected discarded items to test.

I haven't read all the articles yet but the Heavy article said he lived in his current house/neighborhood, variously, for "more than 2 decades", "at least 2 decades", and "over 30 years".

Any more concrete info on exactly how long he lived there? And anything on where he lived in between '86 and whenever that was?

Well that wasn't the mention I was thinking of.. To say they didn't get any information from the book is fine..but he kind poo pood it. Well I disagree w/ him. I live in the Bay Area and I had never heard of this guy. EVER..until I read Michelle's book. I'm talking to another friend that is like me, lived in the Bay Area our whole lives and had never heard of this case until I mentioned it. Just sayin..

Wow, that’s bonkers! I live on the east coast and I swear I saw a tv show about EAR/ONS in 1995. I was 14 and it totally freaked me out.

They matched some DNA he discarded while they were surveilling him to DNA from the crime scenes.

Who knows, he could have stopped at a Starbucks and left his empty cup on a table. When he left, detectives took it and tested it. One possible scenario.

Not 100% but I believe once your trash is off your street it's fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member