CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they verified the size of his penis?
Can you imagine????
I am laughing so hard right now.
He will go down in history as the "little" serial killer.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If his crime spree did in fact end in 1986 I find that interesting. 1986 was the first time DNA was used in a trial. We know he's bright. Do you think this could be the reason?

That's not quite accurate. Colin Pitchfork was arrested in September 1987 and convicted in January 1988.

Whether Pitchfork's conviction in 1988 had any effect on De Angelo's activities would depend on whether he could have known about it at the time. This was 10 years before widespread access to the WWW began so online access to news sources was still in its infancy. Was the case reported in the US media and if so how widespread was the reporting?

Any idea what this receipt was for? What is a Fenwick HMG? Where did you find this?

Apparently, it's a fishing rod.

The address is a private residence in Exeter, CA, built in 1972

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/720-Westwood-Dr-Exeter-CA-93221/16260746_zpid/

Sounds like a random address he used to make it appear he owned a business. Perhaps he did that to get a discount or something? Hopefully the people who live there aren't getting harassed now. We don't even know if this is real or made up.

I thought the neighbor mentioning him going on bike rides was interesting given the fact that he’d ride bikes to and from his crimes.

“Next-door neighbor Cory Harvey watched as 30 FBI agents and other investigators combed through DeAngelo's home on Wednesday morning and proclaimed: 'I can't even believe it, I can't even believe it'. He added that the former cop liked fishing and going on bike rides to stay in shape. “

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tate-Killer-72-speak-shock.html#ixzz5Dmtlw3nB

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/61462...h-james-deangelo-freathed-death-dogs-barking/
[h=1]Golden State Killer’ Joseph James DeAngelo’s neighbours say he was a ‘freak’ who threatened a ‘load of death’ over barking dog[/h]They claim the former cop was a 'creepy and odd' and used to launch x-rated rants from the porch of his well-kept home
Those living near DeAngelo say even though he was notoriously moody, they were still shocked to learn he's now being linked to the infamous case.

“We used to just call him ‘freak,’” said Natalia Bedes-Correnti, who lives a few houses away.
Another neighbour, Eddie Verdon, said he once had a stare-down with DeAngelo after catching him prowling on his property.

“I had the creeps about this guy for a long time,” he said.
Grant Gorman, who grew up next door to DeAngelo, described him as being so frightening it stopped him from playing with one of his daughters.

"This guy just had this anger that was just pouring out of him. He'd just be yelling at nothing in the backyard, pacing in circles," he said.
The arrest came just days after a book about the case shot to the top of bestseller lists across the world.

The publicity storm that followed I'll Be Gone In The Dark is though to have led to a vital tip-off.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/61462...h-james-deangelo-freathed-death-dogs-barking/

[h=3]The official list of cases linked to the Golden State Killer[/h]

• June 18, 1976: Sexual assault/rape, Rancho Cordova
  • July 17, 1976: Sexual assault/rape, Carmichael
  • August 29, 1976: Burglary, attempted sexual assault, Rancho Cordova
  • Sept. 4, 1976: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • Oct. 5, 1976: Sexual Assault/rape, Citrus Heights
  • Oct. 9, 1976: Sexual Assault/rape, Rancho Cordova
  • Oct. 18, 1976: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • Oct. 18, 1976: Carjacking, Rancho Cordova
  • Nov. 10, 1976: Kidnapping, Citrus Heights
  • Dec. 18, 1976: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • Jan. 18, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento
  • Jan. 24, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Citrus Heights
  • Feb. 7, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • Feb. 16, 1977: Assault, attempted murder, Sacramento
  • March 8, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento
  • March 18, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Rancho Cordova
  • April 2, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Orangevale
  • April 15, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • May 3, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento
  • May 5, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Orangevale
  • May 14, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Citrus Heights
  • May 17, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • May 28, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento
  • Sept. 6, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Stockton
  • Oct. 1, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Rancho Cordova
  • Oct. 21, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento
  • Oct. 29, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento
  • Nov. 10, 1977: Sexual Assault/rape, Sacramento
  • Dec. 2, 1977: Attempted sexual assault, Sacramento
  • Jan. 28, 1978: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • Jan. 29, 1979: Sexual Assault/rape, Carmichael
  • Feb. 2, 1978: Brian and Katie Maggiore were killed, Rancho Cordova
  • March 18, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Stockton
  • April 14, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Sacramento
  • June 5, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Modesto
  • June 7, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Davis
  • June 23, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Modesto
  • June 24, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Davis
  • July 6, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Davis
  • Oct. 7, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Concord
  • Oct. 13, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, Concord
  • Oct. 28, 1978: Sex assault, San Ramon
  • Nov. 4, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, San Jose
  • Dec. 2, 1978: Sexual assault/rape,San Jose
  • Dec. 8, 1978: Sexual assault/rape (DNA link), Danville
  • Dec. 18, 1978: Sexual assault/rape, San Ramon
  • March 20, 1979: Sexual assault/rape, Rancho Cordova
  • April 4, 1979: Sexual assault/rape, Fremont
  • June 2, 1979: Sexual assault/rape, Walnut Creek
  • June 11, 1979: Sexual assault/rape (DNA link), Danville
  • June 25, 1979: Sexual assault/rape, Walnut Creek
  • July 5, 1979: Attempted sexual assault, Danville
  • Oct. 1, 1979: Attempted sexual assault/murder (no DNA) Goleta
  • Dec. 30, 1979: 2 people killed, Goleta
  • March 13, 1980: Sexual assault/rape, Lyman and Charlene Smith were killed (DNA link), Ventura
  • Aug. 19, 1980: Sexual assault/rape, 2 people killed Dana Point
  • Feb. 5, 1981: Sexual assault/rape, 1 person killed (DNA link), Irvine
  • July 27, 1981: 2 people killed (DNA link), Goleta
  • May 4, 1986: Sexual assault/rape, 1 person killed (DNA link) Irvine

"It is fitting that today is National DNA Day. We found the needle in the haystack and it was right here in Sacramento."

It would be interesting to know why he stopped (if he stopped). It’s often thought that serial killers couldn’t stop, but the BTK/Dennis Rader example raises some questions about that idea. I remember first following the BTK case back in 2002, when it was still unsolved. Back then, there was still debate about which murders were or were not part of the series (they did not have DNA on all crimes and the MO was not quite as consistent as GSK). Authorities and profilers were convinced BTK was dead, in prison for an unrelated crime, or somehow permanently disabled. The case was dead as a dodo until Dennis Rader, who was devoted to his own press coverage, decided to reach out to the press again for kicks.

As to why Dennis Rader stopped killing, he provided an explanation to the effect that a) he was getting older and b)starting to worry about getting caught. He also collected a lot of trophies from his victims, including Polaroid photos, and he would spend endless hours poring over these trophies, using them in fantasies (he would write stories etc about the murders). He also continued to stalk numerous women and develop elaborate fantasies about killing them. These activities seemed to satisfy the need in him. Maybe DeAngelo is the same? Other activities may have filled the need for control. BTK didn’t want to be caught but when he was, he enjoyed confessing. Sounds like GKS might too (maybe). The information about him being the Visalia Ransacker would most likely be by his own admission, as while there was suspicion, it always seemed as though there was no definitive proof.

I do not have a link, so take this as it is. There was a gun stolen from a Ransacker scene, that was later used to kill Mr. Snell

I agree. No conscience and no anxiety produces no guilt and sociopaths easily pass lie detectors.

And this is why I do not like lie detector tests. They can make the innocent look guilty, and the guilty look innocent.

CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with Marc Klaas about yesterday's arrest. It's short but good.

I hope you stay around and listen to Dawna Kaufmann and Dr. Lillian Glass. All three on one podcast. Websleuths Podcast. Or Radio. I'll take
either name. :)

Tricia

I do not have a link, so take this as it is. There was a gun stolen from a Ransacker scene, that was later used to kill Mr. Snell

I do not have the link but I BELIEVE that you are correct and that they also tied that gun to the killing of Professor Snelling by returning to the scene of the shooting of a CA police officer. The confirmation that those bullets matched the Snelling shooting tied it all together with the Visalia Ransacker.

Okay.....I do have something of a link. I hate to post quickly without confirmation but here is more of the story and explains it better than I can.

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/s...olden-state-killer-may-behind-bars/550310002/

most people are shocked to know that a seemingly ''normal'' neighbor is a serial killer
anyone could be a killer-my dad, brothers, neighbors could've been-could be killers and I would never have known
..there probably would be suspicions--like on some of these cases--the Unabomber for one
---this goes back to my other post where I stress that a lot of people do not think realistically
..if the killer acted like a killer--the neighbors would probably suspect him--and call the authorities
--but since he's acting/seems ''normal--it's a big surprise to find out who he really is

Sacramento DA being interviewed on HLN right now. Among things she's saying - How they linked DeAnglo to the crimes will eventually be revealed, they just can't say now. Case still active, but it will be revealed

When the interviewer asked her specifically whether they used the process of submitting DNA evidence to a family tree-type DNA database, then tracing back possible links to a common ancestor, she didn't answer one way or another.

Big focus for the investigation right now is going through his home and gathering as much evidence as possible.

Now I am not as read-up on this case as many others. Partly due to me being in Canada - however, from what I have been reading I find it interesting comparing plotted crimes dates to his children's births.

As I said before I have pegged out a tree, and while I know I cannot share the details here as per the rules. With his children being born in 1981, 1986 and 1989 respectively, I find it interesting when comparing the dates found on this map - only the 1986 one happened while he had children.

The 1981 ones are prior to his 1st daughters birth, and the 1986 one occurred 6 months before daughter #2 was born.

I used this map as reference with dates.
https://tinyurl.com/y9gky2vk

I also find it interesting that the store he was caught shoplifting from was so close to his present day residence. Which from public record he has been living in since 1986 for sure. The house was built c.1979 from public real estate websites.
Has anyone seen exactly when he moved into the Citrus Heights home?

Great work, can you mark his addresses on the map also?

Reading an article at CNN about JJD, indicated he was a recluse. Same article mentioned a daughter and granddaughter recently moved in with him. It was also mentioned how LE started to look at JJD and was written that his name a popped up a few days ago. I’m wondering if JJD kept souvenirs from his marks and something was found in the home by either the daughter or granddaughter?? There is something more to this than that his hame just popped up a few days ago.

Reading an article at CNN about JJD, indicated he was a recluse. Same article mentioned a daughter and granddaughter recently moved in with him. It was also mentioned how LE started to look at JJD and was written that his name a popped up a few days ago. I’m wondering if JJD kept souvenirs from his marks and something was found in the home by either the daughter or granddaughter?? There is something more to this than that his hame just popped up a few days ago.

I forget where I read it, but someone said in a press conference I think that it was absolutely untrue that his family turned him in.

I still can't get over all of the witness testimony stating he had blonde or light brown hair and hazel or blue eyes when he looked nothing like that. How is this possible so many witnesses/victims got this wrong? Even the police sketches do not resemble him at all!

I once worked in a business that was robbed. Every description that each employee gave the police was different in some respect. Heart-pounding fear will do that.

^^BBM
Having a dog and a CrimSafe screen on my patio door helps me feel safe.
CrimSafe screen is "criminal safe" and dog-proof, too.
No more replacing $99 flimsy screen patio sliders.

CrimSafe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Nn69poFAE

Many of his victims had dogs. He would either spent time with the animal getting it used to him during his stalking of his victims or he would violently attack the dog into submission. Leaving one of his attacks he ran through the neighbors house and violently punched their dog in the eye. In another case, a barking dog woke up a 10 year old boy and he went to see what his dog was barking about and ran into GSK. The little boy ran as fast as he could to his mother's room screaming for help but when she tried to call the police they discovered GSK had cut the phone lines. He entered the room and demanded they close the dog up in a spare room or he would kill it. He was truly the monster of nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1