GUILTY CA - Eliza Delacruz, 3 wks, Long Beach, 4 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Steadfast, looking at that photo and the area, there is no doubt in my mind that this killer knows that area, and knows it well.

I hope they find this guy soon. I know the parents are scared (from what I've read), but that's your baby girl, and who is to say that this killer won't come back?

I took my husband to work this morning, and driving back to I.B., I tried to think like someone not familiar with the area who wanted to get rid of a body. There's a big shopping center just off the highway, with a Walmart, Home Depot, etc., lots of room in back and dumpsters. On the way up Palm toward I.B. there are tons of little strip malls, businesses, and apartment buildings, all with accessible but obscured dumpsters. I was even more sure that someone unfamiliar with I.B. would not travel down from L.A., go up Palm, pass up all these better sites, and pick the location where Eliza's body was found.

I think there's only one way someone would put a body in that dumpster without being familiar with Imperial Beach.

If someone exited the highway farther north at the Coronado Bay Bridge. Maybe the perp thought he could toss the body off the bridge, but that would be impossible on that bridge, too well lighted, no walkway, cameras -- not a bridge you could stop on without attracting a lot of attention. So, the perp would have to drive onto Coronado Island (really the tip of a peninsula). So then, go straight and he'd head right into the Main Gate of a large Naval base. No way. Turn into a residential street -- also no way -- a stranger driving down those exclusive streets at night would be noticed. So -- turn south down the main street, Orange. The businesses along Orange do not have easily accessible dumpsters and they are very well patrolled. So -- keep going and he's on Silver Strand with no turn off except a couple of military-base entrances, a gated community, and a state park. No businesses are on Silver Strand. Then arrive at Imperial Beach and the shopping center where Eliza was found is THE FIRST turn off at a business.

The receptionist at my dentist drove by there at 2:00 pm on Sunday, and said that police cars were not only at the dumpster/Palm Ave entrance to the strip mall, but also at the Silver Strand/hwy75 entrance on the other side.

Could it be possible he put her in a normal street bin, which was then emptied into the larger dumpster? Or would the dumpster usually just be used by the restaurant?

If little Eliza was being fed (breastfed maybe?) when he started shooting, maybe he didn't see Eliza and her death was as a result of her mother falling on the bed on top of her? If he surprised them in the bedroom, he must of shot them before he shot the uncle or they would of heard gun shots. Maybe the killer shot the mother and father, left the room and shot the uncle (he may have tried to make a run for it), then he went back to check their pockets for cash, jewelry whatever? and discovered Eliza under her mother and panicked??

I just can't imagine WHY someone would shoot 3 adults, leaving two critical but all three alive and then kill a baby? It doesn't make sense at all - not that the murder of a child ever does?!

My heart goes out to all who loved Eliza and the community as a whole xox - this is a truly awful case.

This is farther west than the movie theater was. Some other things in the strip mall are Big Kahuna Burger, a vet, a pet shop, a dog grooming place, a sushi restaurant, a convenience/liquor store, a fitness center. It's after you turn left to stay on Palm and just to the west of AB Brite Cleaners and a trailer park. It's on the north side of Palm. Here's a picture of the location where Eliza was found. View attachment 66884

Interesting that the gate to the alley where the dumpster is located is locked (as you mentioned up thread as well). So this means he would have had to jump/climb the fence with Eliza in a bag? Brazen act! Do you know if the gate is always locked at this end STEADFAST? I assume there is access to the alley from the other end as Harold had his bike with him when he found her. It also tells me that baby Eliza was obviously left there when it was still dark outside and people were not around. MOO

I took my husband to work this morning, and driving back to I.B., I tried to think like someone not familiar with the area who wanted to get rid of a body. There's a big shopping center just off the highway, with a Walmart, Home Depot, etc., lots of room in back and dumpsters. On the way up Palm toward I.B. there are tons of little strip malls, businesses, and apartment buildings, all with accessible but obscured dumpsters. I was even more sure that someone unfamiliar with I.B. would not travel down from L.A., go up Palm, pass up all these better sites, and pick the location where Eliza's body was found.

I think there's only one way someone would put a body in that dumpster without being familiar with Imperial Beach.

If someone exited the highway farther north at the Coronado Bay Bridge. Maybe the perp thought he could toss the body off the bridge, but that would be impossible on that bridge, too well lighted, no walkway, cameras -- not a bridge you could stop on without attracting a lot of attention. So, the perp would have to drive onto Coronado Island (really the tip of a peninsula). So then, go straight and he'd head right into the Main Gate of a large Naval base. No way. Turn into a residential street -- also no way -- a stranger driving down those exclusive streets at night would be noticed. So -- turn south down the main street, Orange. The businesses along Orange do not have easily accessible dumpsters and they are very well patrolled. So -- keep going and he's on Silver Strand with no turn off except a couple of military-base entrances, a gated community, and a state park. No businesses are on Silver Strand. Then arrive at Imperial Beach and the shopping center where Eliza was found is THE FIRST turn off at a business.

The receptionist at my dentist drove by there at 2:00 pm on Sunday, and said that police cars were not only at the dumpster/Palm Ave entrance to the strip mall, but also at the Silver Strand/hwy75 entrance on the other side.

BBM Yes this ^^^! I was trying to think of how to word my thoughts and you nailed it perfectly! Thank you :)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Lack-Tip-Offs-in-Death-of-Kidnapped-Baby-Who-Couldnt-Defend-Herself-287566951.html

According to family friends, the gunman shot the mother and uncle each in the face and the father in the leg.

So, the perp walks into the room, shoots the mom in the face, then somehow manages to shoot the dad (sitting on the bed, mind you) in the leg, and then, when the uncle rushes in, the perp is again in a cold mode, hitting him with a bullet in the face again. And he does not try to shoot the father again. Sorry, something here does not fit.

By the way, if the mom got injured while holding the baby, Eliza's clothes should be covered with blood. Were they? Anyone knows?

This is farther west than the movie theater was. Some other things in the strip mall are Big Kahuna Burger, a vet, a pet shop, a dog grooming place, a sushi restaurant, a convenience/liquor store, a fitness center. It's after you turn left to stay on Palm and just to the west of AB Brite Cleaners and a trailer park. It's on the north side of Palm. Here's a picture of the location where Eliza was found. View attachment 66884

A vet's office near the dump site, hmmm. Wonder if her dad works at that office, it was reported he is a vet.

A vet's office near the dump site, hmmm. Wonder if her dad works at that office, it was reported he is a vet.

This is 120 miles from where the father lives, i don't think he works there.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Lack-Tip-Offs-in-Death-of-Kidnapped-Baby-Who-Couldnt-Defend-Herself-287566951.html

So, the perp walks into the room, shoots the mom in the face, then somehow manages to shoot the dad (sitting on the bed, mind you) in the leg, and then, when the uncle rushes in, the perp is again in a cold mode, hitting him with a bullet in the face again. And he does not try to shoot the father again. Sorry, something here does not fit.

By the way, if the mom got injured while holding the baby, Eliza's clothes should be covered with blood. Were they? Anyone knows?

BBM: Wow! So two head shots effectively and dad gets shot in the leg!! Sounds like the shooter wanted the dad to survive!! Is this a case of dad has got on the wrong side of someone nasty OR he is possibly hiding something!! Too many times we see this scenario.....people seriously injured or killed and the perp is the one who walks away (literally) with a much lesser injury. My original doubts about this 'story' are now even stronger!

Has it been mentioned when Eliza was last seen alive and well by someone other than family?? I know a neighbour spoke about Christmas but I don't think he/she mentioned if they had necessarily seen Eliza then. Makes you wonder if dad is really too scared to talk or whether he is waiting to see if the mother/uncle survive and what they may possibly say. Something is very wrong here - two face shots and dad gets one in the leg?

Interesting that the gate to the alley where the dumpster is located is locked (as you mentioned up thread as well). So this means he would have had to jump/climb the fence with Eliza in a bag? Brazen act! Do you know if the gate is always locked at this end STEADFAST? I assume there is access to the alley from the other end as Harold had his bike with him when he found her. It also tells me that baby Eliza was obviously left there when it was still dark outside and people were not around. MOO
I don't know whether the gate is usually locked; I've never noticed it. (Except today -- it's locked today.) From google satellite view, it looks like maybe the dumpster is not really easily accessible from the other side. Hard to tell, but it looks like the fence of that apartment complex juts over back there and cuts off the back from the front. I'd go check, but I don't think now is a good time. On the other hand, like you said, Freddie got in there with a bike somehow.
Just in case anyone cares, the memorial tributes for Eliza are being placed in that grassy area to the left of the leftmost palm tree in the pic -- across the driveway from Giant King Pizza.

He must've known there were survivors when he took the baby. Why did he take Eliza? Was it to torture the father or the family some more? Did he want that sweet, innocent baby for any other reason? He did enough damage in the home to the family, but then decided to take a (screaming?) baby along on his get-away. Makes no sense. He didn't do it for love of Eliza that's for sure, as he didn't manage to keep her alive long at all. Yet, he apparently left the father only wounded, not shooting him again, then used the time to gather up the baby.

After shooting three people, you'd want to run out and not take a baby with you. But no, he takes the baby like it's a main motive, but then doesn't keep her alive. :(

He is out there and needs to be caught. The father saw him. Are there any police sketches yet?

Imperial Beach location where Eliza was found.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...2!3m1!1s0x80d94c5bd7d34195:0xb9fcd1be5950bd2c

The Silver Strand makes a lot of sense if he was not actually headed to a specific destination in Imperial Beach. It would place him on that end of IB. Good thinking and info, STEADFAST. Thank You for your input.

I wonder when he realized Eliza was not alive. Do you think he got across the border?

BBM

Has it been released where on the leg the father was shot? Upper leg wounds are usually more severe and can be fatal, but a shot in the lower leg seems fishy. The aim would have to be up for head shots, and lowered for a leg shot. IMO this sounds like it was planned with intentions to eliminate the baby and her mother at a minimum. The kidnapping was probably staged with no plans on the child being found at all. I pray LE gets this one right.

Thanks. Good link for info with some video of the father dancing at Eliza's baby shower. I have so many questions. How old is the uncle who was shot? And the other uncle who was not home? If only someone, at least, saw the shooter's vehicle. It seems like someone would've looked out the window after hearing shots.

$25K Reward to Find "Coward" Killer of 3-Week-Old Girl
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...aby-Who-Couldnt-Defend-Herself-287566951.html

"According to family friends, the gunman shot the mother and uncle each in the face and the father in the leg."

and

"Cruz said he suspects the Saturday night shooting that left Eliza's father, mother and uncle wounded was not random, nor do detectives with the Long Beach Police Department."

"We haven't received any tips thus far," said Arrona.

BBM

Imperial Beach location where Eliza was found.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...2!3m1!1s0x80d94c5bd7d34195:0xb9fcd1be5950bd2c

The Silver Strand makes a lot of sense if he was not actually headed to a specific destination in Imperial Beach. It would place him on that end of IB. Good thinking and info, STEADFAST. Thank You for your input.

I wonder when he realized Eliza was not alive. Do you think he got across the border?

BBM
I do think it's likely the perp crossed the border.

I do think it's likely the perp crossed the border.

Ditto. Hmm... security cameras at the border crossing? I remember in the McStay case that they had video of the crossing if you are walking across. I'm not sure about driving (been decades since I crossed over to TJ). The survivors could possibly identify the person...

Ditto. Hmm... security cameras at the border crossing? I remember in the McStay case that they had video of the crossing if you are walking across. I'm not sure about driving (been decades since I crossed over to TJ). The survivors could possibly identify the person...

As far as I can tell, the survivors can't even describe him beside as possibly Hispanic or African-American.
And even if they could, the quality of video is very poor in border crossings. in McStay case, it apparently weren't even them that crossed, yet police assumed for many years it were them.

I think it is unusual for three people to be shot in such a violent attack, and all survive. You would think if one intends to steal an infant and plans to do so violently, they would make sure not to leave behind living witnesses. I can't recall an incident when all victims survived a shooting, really.

This entire thing is so perplexing. All I can come up with (if this was indeed done by someone outside of this group) is that someone had a strong message to send the father. The gunman wounded the father (to disable him?), shot the girlfriend and the brother and stole Eliza in order to punish the father. This is all MOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau
Back