CA - Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) Wire Fraud Thread *Guilty* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night we watched the first 3 episodes of "Dropout" on Hulu. The episodes cover from her HS days, meeting Balwani, going to Stanford, and starting up her company.

There will be 5 more episodes, one released each week.

So far, quite well done. It will be interesting to watch the rest of the series. My husband was not a fan of the Intermittent hard rock music, it is distracting, and makes the volume quite variable. Going from loud rock music, to people talking, so keep your volume control handy.

Last night we watched the first 3 episodes of "Dropout" on Hulu. The episodes cover from her HS days, meeting Balwani, going to Stanford, and starting up her company.

So far, quite well done. It will be interesting to watch the rest of the series. My husband was not a fan of the Intermittent hard rock music, it is distracting, and makes the volume quite variable. Going from loud rock music, to people talking, so keep your volume control handy.
Last night I watched the 20/20 program on it titled: "The Dropout: The Rise and Con of Elizabeth Holmes". It was good, however, the first half was just the nauseauting coverage of how everyone thought that she was so wonderful, and they heavily promoted their coverage of the Peacock program on her. I was happy to see that Tyler Schultz was finally able to get through to George before he died that Elizabeth was a liar who took him in, and they mended their relationship before George died. Thank God for people with consciences like him and John Carreyrou to expose her corruption and lies. It also vindicated Phyllis Gardner who knew that she was just an undergraduate fraud with only one year of college- two semesters of chemical engineering under her belt. Phyllis Gardner could see through her I believe because she was female. All these old men were wooed by Elizabeth's feminine wiles and fake deep voice. I guess that's sexy...
I was also glad to see that the DeVos family lost tons of money. Too bad that the jury didn't believe the patients whose lives were upended with bad test results. It's a shame that Elizabeth gets 6 more months of freedom when she's been convicted. Next up is Sunny.

A few changes in dates today in the court site.

Trial was supposed to start on 3/11/22 - it is now a Motions Hearing. 4/8/22 was stricken from the trial dates (Judge unavailable).

In other news, Judge Davila just signed an order modifying Elizabeth Holmes' bond so that it's secured by $500,000 worth of property. The court document w/ the address of the property is under seal.

FMyRLoxVIAEfO5-
Snipped for focus....
EH might not be good for $500k, so she's got to secure it. Her word is not good enough.
Oh.
This document is a reminder to me that EH is a felon and she gets to be treated like one. I keep forgetting the whole dimension and implications of this.

Is this the same series as the ABC one from, like, a year ago? It used to be on YouTube.

It also vindicated Phyllis Gardner who knew that she was just an undergraduate fraud with only one year of college- two semesters of chemical engineering under her belt. Phyllis Gardner could see through her I believe because she was female. All these old men were wooed by Elizabeth's feminine wiles and fake deep voice. I guess that's sexy...
Snipped for focus
This was may favorite part, too. I kinda get a kick out of women having advantage over men in seeing through women cons. Gardner certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly.
It's too bad IMO that EH didn't have the humility to listen to Phyllis Gardner (and professors like her). If she had, she might in fact have been able to make a valuable contribution. Instead, she's a convicted felon with a long history of conning people.
IME a person with lots of ideas can have so many more and a much bigger chance of success with the Phyllis Gardners of the universe. I wish I could take her class, even though I know exactly zip about whatever field she's in: I'd prolly get brutalized, but learn a lot from how she looks at things that could give me insights in my own field. I really just enjoy how she speaks, too; I could listen to her all day.

Is this the same series as the ABC one from, like, a year ago? It used to be on YouTube.

I am not sure? I think this is new? Hulu original.

She really qualifies as a sociopath, INMO, based on her fraud, and she did so many unscrupulous things...pretending her machine worked, when it obviously did not, and firing people who were employees and questioned the fraud.

The Dropout is a podcast as well. That is where I listened to it. They now have the audio version of the 20/20 episode in the podcast feed. Bad Blood is another podcast on the case. I prefer it to The Dropout, but they're both good.

Funny to know the con woman conned by the bulk buy juice.
From the link:

And I may have put four in one fridge, four in another. And I may have gone on a little walk in the middle day to pick up more green juice from the fridge, not Whole Foods. swirled them around so they looked real, real fresh, and gave her her fresh green juice every day.'

I'm reminded of a recent "Dropout" episode where Balwani first offered EH the green juice and when she did not like the taste, he demanded that she drink it because he paid $12 for it! :p:p

As I said on the Balwani thread - per article above:

US District Judge Edward Davila has scheduled a hearing in July to consider Holmes’s request. She’s scheduled to be sentenced on 9/26/22.

I will keep an eye out on the court site. Right now it goes thru 7/8/22 & her name is not there yet.

I’ve been reading a book about the Chernobyl nuclear reactor meltdown. Holmes Is exactly like all the politicians in the USSR who denied there was any radiation beyond the immediate disaster site and that there were only 31 deaths attributed to the disaster. They held to those “facts” for years. Anyone who disagreed or tried to tell the truth ended up in the Gulag. They even forced Doctors to attribute radiation sickness to anything but radiation. Deny, deny, deny…

Just like Holmes. She should accept her punishment and consider herself lucky that she didn’t kill anyone.

I’ve been reading a book about the Chernobyl nuclear reactor meltdown. Holmes Is exactly like all the politicians in the USSR who denied there was any radiation beyond the immediate disaster site and that there were only 31 deaths attributed to the disaster. They held to those “facts” for years. Anyone who disagreed or tried to tell the truth ended up in the Gulag. They even forced Doctors to attribute radiation sickness to anything but radiation. Deny, deny, deny…

Just like Holmes. She should accept her punishment and consider herself lucky that she didn’t kill anyone.
She did, at least tangentially. Ian Gibbons suicided because of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy