CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that truthfully, it is not difficult to find someone to sleep with if that is what you really want. There are women all over the place that sleep with all kinds of men (tall, short, fat, skinny, creepy, etc.) Unfortunately, there are women who are not very discriminatory about who they have sex with.

So, blaming women for not sleeping with you is a cop out and hiding something deeper.

And there are also people who have trouble finding partners. So that is neither here nor there. Something that is easy for people with normal social skills could be impossible for people with abnormal social skills.

Well, his parents could've had him hospitalized with a psych hold because he was homicidal.

But they chose to call police, who probably knew nothing about his mental issues. And, I would be willing to bet the parents didn't offer police that information. This is just sickening. Now we will have to listen to all of the excuses for his actions. Worse, the loved ones of those deceased and injured will have to hear all of the BS excuses too! Just so sick of these incidents, about to explode!

He posted the lyrics to this
Rammstein-Mein Herz Brennt (My heart Burns) English Lyr

They are telling

A you tuber recorded his You Tube channel before they deleted it. It had about 22 videos on it, all about his anguish, or just driving around.

You could "see" his decent in recent days. The oldest post was a month ago (which would jive with his familes request for a welfare check) increasing isolation.

His posting activity drastically increased in the 36 hours before he died - posting 9 videos in that time frame.

He was on bodybuilding sites and was treated quite cruel. Lots of haters. There were some compassionate posts by some that addressed the others being cruel.

Only thing I have seen of him interaction with a human being 1:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H969UQKc-o

But they chose to call police, who probably knew nothing about his mental issues. And, I would be willing to bet the parents didn't offer police that information. This is just sickening. Now we will have to listen to all of the excuses for his actions. Worse, the loved ones of those deceased and injured will have to hear all of the BS excuses too! Just so sick of these incidents, about to explode!

Some reports indicate that parents told police about the videos.
So I am curious if this is correct. Because if police saw the videos, I am pretty sure they could have done more than what they did (which was to interview him and then nothing). Police apparently didn't search his room, or they would have found his guns and manifesto.

I completely agree. And I'm not so sure about the Aspergers many sites are saying he had.

I'm afraid aspergers is going to rapidly become the catch-all excuse. We.ve seen it with Adam Lanza and now ER!

After the parents called LE concerned about the disturbing ER videos and according to ER's writings, LE told ER that it was his mother who called them.

According to ER's writings, the mother told ER that it was health services (or something like that) that contacted LE about the disturbing videos.

If all true, the mother wouldn't even confess to ER that it was she who contacted LE. ???? Why not???

After the parents called LE concerned about the disturbing ER videos and according to ER's writings, LE told ER that it was his mother who called them.

According to ER's writings, the mother told ER that it was health services (or something like that) that contacted LE about the disturbing videos.

If all true, the mother wouldn't even confess to ER that it was she who contacted LE. ???? Why not???

Police should have not told him who contacted them to begin with.
Some people (and he obviously sounds just like the type) could get very upset at someone who turned them over to the police.
Maybe mother was concerned about her own safety. He could have killed his own family members easily. I am not sure why he didn't, maybe it was too much out of his way.

Police should have not told him who contacted them to begin with.
Some people (and he obviously sounds just like the type) could get very upset at someone who turned them over to the police.
Maybe mother was concerned about her own safety. He could have killed his own family members easily. I am not sure why he didn't, maybe it was too much out of his way.

Yes ... agreed ... and brings me right back to:

Yet ... a decision was made to ship off this "very disturbed" young man, who refused medication, into the midst of an enclave of beautiful, young, many blonde, surfer type, males and females - the exact profiles that ER detested/resented - not that it appears, from his writings, that anyone would have been safe around him with his skewed thoughts.

:notgood:

ETA: He did plan to off his stepmother and half brother.

"This is almost the kind of event that's impossible to prevent and almost impossible to predict," University of California President Janet Napolitano, the former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security, told reporters.

Good grief, another monumental intellectual assessment by the "no such thing as sealed borders" uh.......lady?.:facepalm::facepalm:

Note to Janet...Ray Charles could have seen this, and to remind you...
In a free and democratic society where the police represent the full weight and authority of the "STATE" it takes due process to seize freedom from a person, even a potentially rabid dog like ER.

I'm afraid aspergers is going to rapidly become the catch-all excuse. We.ve seen it with Adam Lanza and now ER!

THIS. It's scary and it's unfair. Clearly people like ER (and AL) have something wrong going on in their head but if we are going to blame mental illness can we have a new specific label and call it 'EVIL'?

(Sorry, gets off soapbox. Just as a person who spends a lot of time tying to dispel the stigma surrounding mental illness it really grates when these things happen and the media jumps all over the mental illness label)

How many people are enablers? This is extreme, but people enable their loved ones to keep using drugs or to keep drinking.

How easy is it to do tough love and let the person you love go into the abyss? Not many have the ability to do it.

We see him as a monster, but the parents probably had love and concern.

playing music and drinking beer in their front yard when they said they heard the shots. One of the residents, Nate Pepper, 24, said he saw Rodger’s black BMW drive 20-30 mph by his house. “It seemed like he was targeting individuals,” Pepper said. “The first guy he saw, he waited to shoot him.” he victim — described as a male, around 5‘10” with dark hair — ran toward the house and said, “I think I just got shot.” He had put up his arm to deflect the shots, Pepper said. The victim was reportedly hit three times in his left forearm and once in his left buttock. The group then rushed inside the house, turned off the lights, ducked down, and called 9-1-1, Pepper said.......
Paramedics arrived a few minutes later and told the victim to put pressure on his wounds, ....ut they explained that they had to leave and attend to people with more severe injuries. The paramedics returned about a half an hour later and transported the victim to the hospital.

Rodger then reportedly turned down Sabado Tarde and drove straight toward a skateboarder. The skateboarder dove out of the way, but the car clipped him,

working at Blaze Pizza when Rodger shot someone standing outside of Isla Vista Deli. “We saw a person on the floor, and a person looking over him,” Poe said. Video footage showed a black car pull up and stop for about 10 seconds. After the driver fired a number of shots, he slowly drove off, Poe said.

said she heard the gunshots. One bullet hit the trunk of her car. ......ran outside to see what was going on. She said she ducked behind a vehicle

... “I got a call from a buddy at Pizza My Heart,” he said. “I went out on the balcony and saw [the suspect] driving on the block and heard at least two gunshots and then heard the car crash. …

“There were more sirens than I’ve ever heard,”

.....his friend Chris Johnson was walking out of an improv comedy show when he was shot in front of a popular pizza place. He stumbled into a nearby house"He walked into these random guys' house bleeding," he said.

A witness says the Isla Vista shooter's car windows were so tinted that he couldn't see the flash of the shots

buying some Gatorade and soda. ... she saw glass flying and dropped to the ground. When she looked up, she saw a male on the ground by the door in a pool of blood.“He was slumped over, and he was bleeding,”.....she knew the victim.... tried to help administer CPR but was so upset that she was unable to render aid until paramedics arrived.

....was delivering sandwiches in Isla Vista for Sam's To Go when a girl ran out of the deli screaming.

...."The guy unloaded a full clip, a nine clip," Rodriguez said. "He was shooting fast."

....He said the attacker was shooting out the passenger window as he drove down the street.

...at the 7-Eleven.“I saw a few people collapse, a few people run, a few go in the store. It was chaos.

....‘ I heard like 20 shots in a row.”......................it was intense.”

...heard a crash, ran outside, and then heard a cyclist yelling, “Call the police! He hit me on purpose!”...abandoned his bike and fallen into a car across the street.

the car veered right, forcing one person to jump out of the way.

“It’s clear he’s intentionally trying to hunt someone,”....
Debowski was looking at the skateboarder coming down the street .........when the car behind him sped up to what Debowski estimated was 45 mph.....skateboard flew in the air,....."His face was bloody, but he was able to respond to our questions."

...able to limp to a wood fence and lean on it. Waterworth, a friend of Gee, said he suffered only minor injuries, including a lost tooth.

attending to the skateboarder, when a long-haired young man wearing board shorts and carrying a bloodied white shirt over his shoulder came walking by covered in blood and crying. “A girl died tonight,” the young man said.

...at about 10 p.m. Friday night, “we heard some gunshots in the distance. About a minute later, the scene came here.”

.... front right tire of the crashed BMW was on fire.

sitting at home when the commotion started........“I heard a couple pops, and I didn't really think anything of it,” But as he scrolled through his Facebook feed, he saw more and more posts about shootings in various spots around his neighborhood.........

.....he was in the school’s library when his best friend called to ask where he was. “And he says, 'You need to stay there. There's been a shooting. My other roommate's ex-girlfriend just got shot at and she's hysterical,'" .......went to the front of the library to ask two campus officers about the incident.“I was like, ‘What do you mean? Like, are we on lockdown? Are you guys going to do anything?' And they were like, 'No, you can go home.' And I was like, 'Uh, what?'" said Waniek.....He opted to stay in the library for another hour and a half

...I had to cut through multiple parks and other people's houses just to get back to my home, and trying to bike as fast as I can because I don't really know what is going on.”

.......Witnessed a kid get shot and watched him die in front of me while they used my shirt to cover his wounds and reccesitate him. Crazy night...........Having multiple shootings happen right outside of my place of living is really unsettling...
....I could have easily been dead right now.... Stay safe everyone.............over this crazy town..........ANYONE IN IV NEEDS TO STAY INSIDE. There is a shooting rampage by a white male in a black BMW shooting as he is driving by.....

....a female student who said the gunman opened fire on her as she was walking....actually drove across street to meet her," Chang said, repeating the witness' account. "The guy stuck his head out and says, 'Hey, what are you doing,........he guy pulled out a gun and shot at her. The bullet missed her head. She said she thought it was a BB gun, and she just kept walking faster..........

....“A bullet hit a microwave all the way in the kitchen for Pete’s sake,” Matson said.

...he was serving a customer when he noticed a car that had stopped in the middle of the street. The car’s window rolled down and he heard six shots fired at the Deli, the store owner told Matson...

...we hear like five really loud gunshots, and, originally, I thought that it was like fireworks or something because it was just so loud and we're kind of used to these loud noises around here. And then, all of a sudden, a bunch of people from outside started running into the store and we're all just like, 'Take cover! Take cover!' And everyone just comes pouring in......

..."We heard so many gunshots. It was unbelievable....

...He said two friends were riding longboards near his home about 9:30 p.m. when a car suddenly came up from behind and ran over one and clipped the other. ..“As I was leaning over and trying to comfort him — he was in a lot of pain, obviously — I heard pop, pop, pop,” Martin said....The friend who was run over suffered leg injuries and was in surgery Saturday. The other friend was not seriously hurt.
........"What I saw will stick with me forever".......

..This whole year in general has been, you know, a terrible reputation for UCSB with the riots going on, and then there's been multiple stabbings and girls being raped,”...the “mass murder” has certainly shed a somber light on their upcoming graduation -- just three weeks away.

candlelight vigil....3,400 people RSVP’d to the event on Facebook.
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2014/05/24/santa-barbara-shooting-called-work-madman/9537169/
http://www.independent.com/news/2014/may/24/witnesses-recall-isla-vista-shooting-rampage/
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...es-describe-gunman-20140524-story.html#page=2
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...ounts-Isla-Vista-Rampage-Chaos-260561981.html
http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20140525/THISJUSTIN/705259924
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/at-least-3-dead-in-shootings-in-santa-barbara-area/

I think Aspergers is a reason, not an excuse, and commend whoever it was in his family that made a report. I don't think, based on info we have so far, that it is fair to villainize his parents. It is very difficult to force adults to get mental health help, let alone forced involuntary hospitalization. It is tragic, and I hope his blaming others for his problems doesn't continue here with us blaming others for his problems....

THIS is why people have doubts about the "official" account of this type of event. There are always witness accounts that eventually are ignored the next day or so, and then it's claimed there was only one suspect who committed suicide. Isn't that a simple way to close a case.

PLUS, the police were called because his family was concerned about his behavior, etc., and the cops did NOTHING, except speak with him. Then his family dropped it, too?

All so tragic. :facepalm:

I'm glad you posted this.

There is nothing that will convince me there wasn't another person in his car, when the shootings started. Initial witness testimony is usually correct and for it to be coming from multiple sources, then my mind is cemented on that fact.

I will be extremely interested to see how much of an investigation LE do now and to see if this fact is airbrushed out.

I doubt, very much, that ER would have shared the limelight with anyone on his "day of retribution". JMO

I'm sure I read that his father contacted LE about the youtube videos. I'm guessing the ones that were removed.
This was intimated via the father's lawyer.

I'm sure I read that his father contacted LE about the youtube videos. I'm guessing the ones that were removed.
This was intimated via the father's lawyer.

Could very well be.

What I wrote was according to ER's writings, as I stated.

Who tells their child that due to taking an additional medication, birth control did not work and resulted in this child being born???

:notgood:

His mother (per his manifesto... So should be taken with a grain of salt) seemed loving, doting, and determined to help him engage in activities with others...

it is hard to imagine she would share this information with him...

I wonder how he discovered the information regarding his "accidental" birth?

Puzzling...:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member