CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My deepest sympathies to the victim's loved ones ; and the family of the perp, I do not believe this was in any way their fault !! What a horrible day for them. :(

As far as E.R. : So no women wanted to go out with you ? Poor baby. Maybe they had a good reason to stay away from you.... * sarcasm *
( Not trying to make light of this tragedy. Apologies if this last bit came off as such. )

He called his father a failure?? Well, what did Elliot do to support himself and buy his BMW??
RSBM

" A Failure..." Really ?? So, "The Hunger Games" and sequels were not "big" enough movies ? My husband and I went to see both films, and we do not see that many; but I'd read the books and was intrigued ... and not disappointed, either.

There will always be those who do not 'fit in', no matter their social standing or (parents) success. Doesn't mean you go out and murder people.
What a selfish and cruel young man.

:moo:

Just a very brief look around the internet and reading a bit this has me :thud:

Seriously?!!!?!?!

I can't type what I think of this ridiculous subhuman without getting in trouble.

May his victims rest in peace and may the people that are struggling to survive what this brat did recover fully in body and spirit. Please, Lord, let his family be strong.

:stormingmad:

I'm reading his manifesto now. He contemplated killing his father and brother. He stated if he couldn't live a good life, he didn't want his brother to live one as well. He pretty much hated everyone.

According to his manifesto, he was planning to kill his step-mother and his little brother before going on his rampage. I haven't heard of an additional crime scene yet. It's horrible to consider that there may be more victims.

I'm reading his manifesto now. He contemplated killing his father and brother. He stated if he couldn't live a good life, he didn't want his brother to live one as well. He pretty much hated everyone.

Yep it's a trip. He also mentioned how he planned to lure people to his apt and torture them and kill them. Then cut their heads off and save them in a bag so he could dump the heads in front of the girls he planned to kill next. GAH that felt disgusting typing that.

His 'manifesto' is just SO narcissistic! :facepalm: (which is no surprise, obviously).

I'm struck by how much he has projected onto females - has made them the scapegoat for his own interior torment.

None of this had anything to do with anything in his external world IMO - and I don't buy for a minute that he had the idyllic early childhood he's trying to portray. Too idealised to be true.

Nobody who grows up to do this had a hunky-dory childhood IMO - no matter how much material wealth they had, it is the emotional content of their childhood that is important.

My deepest sympathies to the innocent victims. Many blessings upon them.

I'd love to hear from one of his -apparently numerous?? - therapists. How did it get to this stage? How did he still feel so deeply alienated? What interventions/therapies had they tried? And why were the police just allowed to walk away from this when there were serious concerns??

Many unanswered questions. Such a distressing case :facepalm:

I wonder if he had signs of violence at an earlier age...(signs of psychopathy)

Such as harming animals?

Starting fires!

And... I wonder if he has had any past charges of harming/assaulting/stalking/etc....?

:waitasec:

I wonder if he also has any behavior problems as well. From what BigCat has posted, his relationship with his family sounds like he has poor relationship with them. An all too common background with people like Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Jodi Arias, or Casey Anthony.

According to his manifesto, he was planning to kill his step-mother and his little brother before going on his rampage. I haven't heard of an additional crime scene yet. It's horrible to consider that there may be more victims.

I am not surprised by his plan to kill his whole family one bit.

So I briefly perused his painfully boring manifesto....

and in mho, he had a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (comorbid with Histrionic Personality Disorder, r/o BPD--all moo) combined with what his parents state "High Functioning Asperger's".

ER sure is a guy easy to dislike. Boy, wouldn't I just have loved taken him to a lovely journey through the hood where I grew up just to show him that there are people who won't ever know what "being lonely in a beautiful place" means. Nope, 'cause in the hood, peeps are just trying to survive and stay safe. This would be a little taste of Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs as a lesson for ER in prioritizing needs vs. wants.

Or I could take him through a journey of a Veteran's Hospital where some young men are courageously battling physical/mental trauma yet they manage to prevail.

ER wanted for nothing except the entitlements he felt the world owed him. Every little "slight" bothered him. Nothing would ever be good enough.

Behind a good-looking facade lay an ugly inside. Sour, bitter, lifeless.

I am pretty sure we would have heard by now if he did anything to any members of his family. So I presume they are safe.

So I briefly perused his painfully boring manifesto....

and in mho, he had a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (comorbid with Histrionic Personality Disorder, r/o BPD--all moo) combined with what his parents state "High Functioning Asperger's".

ER sure is a guy easy to dislike. Boy, wouldn't I just have loved taken him to a lovely journey through the hood where I grew up just to show him that there are people who won't ever know what "being lonely in a beautiful place" means. Nope, 'cause in the hood, peeps are just trying to survive and stay safe. This would be a little taste of Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs as a lesson for ER in prioritizing needs vs. wants.

Or I could take him through a journey of a Veteran's Hospital where some young men are courageously battling physical/mental trauma yet they manage to prevail.

ER wanted for nothing except the entitlements he felt the world owed him. Every little "slight" bothered him. Nothing would ever be good enough.

Behind a good-looking facade lay an ugly inside. Sour, bitter, lifeless.

I am thinking Borderline Narcissist and Malignant Narcissist as he is highly grandiose. He is very prone to overcompensating, which makes him also a Compensatory Narcissist. He has an inferiority and superiority complex.

this guy gives me a jodi arias combined with luca magnolta vibe.

Thought that too. He likes attention like Luca Magnotta or Jodi Arias mixed with self-hatred and severe repression like Lori Drew, Adam Lanza, or Fred Phelps.

yep. That manifesto was just unbelievable. Raging narcissist. Really terrifying. He didn't mention any therapists at all and after reading the manifesto I think he would have mentioned them--just to say how much he hated them.

yep. That manifesto was just unbelievable. Raging narcissist. Really terrifying. He didn't mention any therapists at all and after reading the manifesto I think he would have mentioned them--just to say how much he hated them.

He mentioned seeing a psychiatrist named Dr Charles Sophy. Apparently, the psych had a couple of twenty-something counselors, one male and one female, work with ER. He stated that Dr Sophy recommended he take a medication (sorry, don't recall the name), but ER decided not to take it.

He didn't seem especially angry with the therapists, IMO. In fact, the only bad thing he had to say about the male counselor was that women found him attractive.

From the same ABC article:

"Rodger was being treated by multiple therapists and was a student at Santa Barbara City College, said Schifman"

He should have been an emergency admit to psych unit. His parents called police about the videos. Did they call the therapists that were treating their son?

He should have been an emergency admit to psych unit. His parents called police about the videos. Did they call the therapists that were treating their son?

Yes, exactly Isabelle!! I cannot understand why - when he was obviously very seriously disturbed and making threats - and his parents were worried enough to actually contact LE - why was nothing else done when the police just dismissed it?:banghead:

Imagine how bad those policemen feel now.........:facepalm:

Yes, exactly Isabelle!! I cannot understand why - when he was obviously very seriously disturbed and making threats - and his parents were worried enough to actually contact LE - why was nothing else done when the police just dismissed it?:banghead:

He had them fooled in a
"Primal Fear" kind of way.
Scary!
*if you haven't seen the movie, it's about a really bad guy that fakes multiple personalities after a murder.
The nice guy was fake. The evil one was who he really was.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member