CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hated women and men. He actually killed more men than women.

HIs intention was to kill as many women as possible. That was his entire reason. The only thing that determined a higher number of men than women killed is that he did not get into that sorority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIs intention was to kill as many women as possible. That was his entire reason. The only thing that determined a higher number of men than women killed is that he did not get into that sorority.

He started off with his male roommates. He definitely intended to kill them.

Oh no. Poor girl. He had a photographic memory for perceived or actual slights. Including something that happened way back - 6th or 7th birthday?

It will be outrageous if this young woman gets the blame for an obviously already existing mental condition in a boy she once knew, in my opinion....

Oh she will get some blame from some people, I guarantee it.

[modsnip]

Geesh ~ In all of my life, I had only heard the word "manifesto" used once and it was in relation to Adolf Hitler. But, I said "had" :smile: The second time was the one Jodi Arias had written, and now this lunatic. Raise your hand if any of you have written your own manifesto's :giggle:

Maybe the Daily Mail should also have thought to mention how Elliot could never forgive his baby brother for (seemingly) having the potential to become taller than him in adulthood, and so he planned to kill him too? Even though he was quite fond of him?

That puts the 'damaging blonde female' in context, I think. Both the potential child/blonde woman victims, and ER's 'reasons' for making them so, should be held together, I think. As well as all his actual victims. No one was responsible for these killings except the person who pulled the trigger, wielded the knife and drove the car, I think.

He started off with his male roommates. He definitely intended to kill them.

Yes he did. But did you read te manifesto? Why was he going on the killing spree in the first place? Why was his motive?

The reason he killed anyone, of any gender, was due to his hatred for women and his anger at not getting what he felt was owed to him by them: sex and attention.

[modsnip]

astounding that a near 140 page manifesto had such little errors...

his attention to detail is evident...

And... I am all too familiar with OCD... Personally speaking...

If I was writing my last words I would be damn sure there were no errors also!

And I would use lots of what I call "Arias 10 dollar words", because I would know that the world would be reading it and I would want to them to think I had superior intelligence.

I think I am in the minority in not appreciating his writing. To me it is too repetitive.
As for his memory, I am not impressed with that either.
My son is 24 and he remembers almost everything since he was a toddler also (I think we forget how much we could remember when younger :giggle: , as we age we lose much of that :tantrum: ).
I am not denying this kid was smart, but his manifesto did not leave me grieving for a lost literary mind, that is for sure :facepalm:

If the patient threatens himself or others then and only then the therapist could have them reported. Up until then the therapist doesn't have to (and actually can't) register them anywhere.
Large proportion of the population has some sort of mental illness.

Agreed.

So ... hypothetically, if "A" said anything threatening, of the kind described which would preclude him from owning a gun, to his therapist and s/he chose not to report him, what liability would the therapist have after "A" went out and massacred people? TIA

Geesh ~ In all of my life, I had only heard the word "manifesto" used once and it was in relation to Adolf Hitler. But, I said "had" :smile: The second time was the one Jodi Arias had written, and now this lunatic. Raise your hand if any of you have written your own manifesto's :giggle:

Don't forget Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski 35,000 Manifesto.

Wouldn't that be nice, but we already have hears the cry about govt intervention into what people believe are their private family lives.

If a school starts questioning, then starts the rounds of private schools or right away to home schooled.

Can 't see some people allowing it and I see them lobbying Congress to stop it

Nail on the head here. And the same people who will outcry about goverment intervention are the same people who never want to pay for any social program of any type.

[modsnip]

Has anyone looked at pics of some of the people he mentions?
This is O/T, but the boy he knew who had a bit part in the Hunger Games (and whose sister ER claimed teased him when he was 13, who is a model now) looks a LOT like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (Boston Bomber)!
I won't mention names, if you read the manifesto you know who to google.

Yes he did. But did you read te manifesto? Why was he going on the killing spree in the first place? Why was his motive?

The reason he killed anyone, of any gender, was due to his hatred for women and his anger at not getting what he felt was owed to him by them: sex and attention.

[modsnip]

:dunno: What do you suggest?

And like it or not, there is a large group of men out there - seemingly normal, holding jobs, interacting with the rest of us - who share his views.

And in Congress!

And like it or not, there is a large group of men out there - seemingly normal, holding jobs, interacting with the rest of us - who share his views.

I agree partially. He had focused on women as the cause of his unhappiness. I don't actually think he hated them any more than his stepmom and half brother who he also planned to kill, or that kid in 1st grade who was better at skateboarding than him. Or the black men, asian men, white 'Jocks' he named.

I think it is just unfortunate that his latest 'blame' cycle focused on women, exactly when he was in a position to act upon it. And some sections of the media are running with that; looking for the ice-cool Hitchcock blonde who must be to blame......it's easier to figure that way.

If I was writing my last words I would be damn sure there were no errors also!

And I would use lots of what I call "Arias 10 dollar words", because I would know that the world would be reading it and I would want to them to think I had superior intelligence.

I think I am in the minority in not appreciating his writing. To me it is too repetitive.
As for his memory, I am not impressed with that either.
My son is 24 and he remembers almost everything since he was a toddler also (I think we forget how much we could remember when younger :giggle: , as we age we lose much of that :tantrum: ).
I am not denying this kid was smart, but his manifesto did not leave me grieving for a lost literary mind, that is for sure :facepalm:

Repetitive indeed it was! Every single year he mapped out, he would say how the next year would be this huge defining moment and how he would be so viciously tortured and then you'd get to that year and he'd say, he actually enjoyed that year BUT the next year would be this huge defining moment and how he would be so viciously tortured and so on and so forth. I never did get to the year where there was a defining moment or acts of vicious torture. Did you?

I work in the engineering field, a field until recently almost exclusively dominated by males. I have had to deal with more than a few of these types, believe me.

I feel like extreme people like ER will ALWAYS find someone to blame for their (real or perceived) shortcomings. Nothing is ever their fault. This starts very young and never changes. I have people in my own life who have never spent 5 seconds on serious self-reflection, even as their lives crumble around them. It's not their fault their kids were taken away/they were arrested/they got fired/their spouse files for divorce/their car got repossessed/they were evicted/their parents changed the locks on their childhood home.....I could fill this page. Don't we all know people like this? In my experience, this thought process in a young child is a very good indicator of potential lifelong problems.

:dunno: What do you suggest?

I suggest exactly that. Identifying kids as early as possible.

Family therapy and working on parenting skills.

Working on how to deal with anger.

This is in my dream world as Americans will not allow it.

What do you suggest?

PLEASE NOTE: Politics have no place in this thread. Mental health may be discussed in relation to services ER received/didn't receive. But NO gun control or generalities.

STAY FOCUSED on Elliot Rodger. He is the one that committed this crime.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members