CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I wonder why ER's height, weight, hair and eye colour were redacted, but not the roommate's.

Not really. He admitted taking the candles and he couldn't prove ER took his bowl or moved his things (and ER denied doing so).
Obviously we know ER wasn't always honest with the police.
But that is neither here nor there.

It's here for me.

Measuring cup, not bowl. ER apparently didn't like his roomie's cooking. :-o We can guess that his motive for reporting such an incident was based on a lot more than that, if even true in the first place.

I would rather my County D.A. elevate cases for prosecution to those more consequential than one with a $22 property claim...perhaps like the one in which my youngest brother was attacked by a young gang on State St and seriously injured, some 25+ yrs ago (NOT prosecuted).

Apart from my brother's case, rest assured that there are FAR more that need the Prosecutor's attention than some minor 'loss' instigated by a roommate squabble and a whiney one at that who filed a citizen's arrest.

There hadn't yet been any "proof" ... the case never went to trial or even to a preliminary hearing (thank goodness!).

I consider the D.A.'s 'clearing' of the case absurd if not laughable:

Santa Barbara rampage: San Jose victim posthumously cleared of 'candle theft'

~jmo~

I noted that ER desired hot, blonde women but it struck me that he never (that I recall) focused on any specific woman. So even his fixations were unconnected to a human being. Just an observation.

He never mentions any other women, just blondes exclusively. I wonder what he thought of non-blonde women.

He never mentions any other women, just blondes exclusively. I wonder what he thought of non-blonde women.

He mentions blondes but I don't think he was selective in the two girls he shot down in front of the sorority house. jmo

The only non-blonde mentioned was in reference to a photo he saw of his sister's boyfriend's ex -- "a pretty brunette white girl".

Hush, I've already had nightmares about this dude. :floorlaugh:

The only non-blonde mentioned was in reference to a photo he saw of his sister's boyfriend's ex -- "a pretty brunette white girl".
Somehow, that one I do not remember well in his manifesto.

Hush, I've already had nightmares about this dude. :floorlaugh:
Sorry. :blushing:

I wonder why Elliot Rodger was never charged for the July 2013 incident. I know he was injured, but he provoked it.

Because no one knows who provoked it but the people who were there. If only he had injuries, the police would have trouble making a case that the other people were not making excuses for having ganged up on ER and injuring him. With no criminal record, ER being capable of deciding to throw people off the balcony would have been hard to convince a jury of. Of course, now it is not hard to believe, but police don't prosecute those sorts of things because of the difficulty of proving it.

He mentions blondes but I don't think he was selective in the two girls he shot down in front of the sorority house. jmo

ITA. At that moment, his rage had ratcheted-up after no one at the Alpha Phi house answered the door. Any female - or male - standing across the street would have sufficed for him, as would any person he encountered and attacked both before and after he slaughtered Katherine Cooper and Veronika Weiss.

His 'thing' about hot blonde sorority girls was part of his sickness (self-hatred or hate for his dark-haired step-mother and mother as well, imo).

That said, I doubt that had a non-blonde female approached him at anytime in his earlier years he would have rejected her. In his warped perception, blonde-haired ppl were favored over him. He bleached his own hair blond at an early age (see more in 'manifesto'). It didn't work. His hatred for humanity extended far beyond hair color throughout.

I believe that he was born 'flawed'. Nature-Nurture, with Nature weighing far more. This happens, unfortunately.

Also, I don't think his 'manifesto' was anything more than a self-pitying autobiography written thru the lens of his illness way later in his life. As such, it obviously has to be read thru filters but is still worthy of study.

~jmo~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back