CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Deleted spree killer definition already linked.

ciao

Another observation from a doctor. It's interesting how they're so different!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/0...lowed-years-of-withdrawal.html?_r=0&referrer=

Very interesting read!

Most interesting that the author ended the piece with these sentences and words, BBM:
“Could someone tip off the police just in case?” one wrote,
even as six people had already died at Mr. Rodger’s hand.

“Why?” another asked.

“Don’t,” someone else posted. “Whatever happens. We didn’t
do anything so just let it happen if it does.
”

ER wasn't angry at the "hot blondes" and "brutes", he was ultimately angry and his bio parents. Another few years and he either would have grown up and come to terms with his anger OR have taken out the true objects of his hatred. JMO

However, and ultimately, ER is making his bio parents suffer now and probably for the rest of their lives!

ER's final actions just made it so we all are forced to ride that suffer bus as well! JMO

Great. So long as all the killing of 3 or more are called "spree" killings. They're not. There's a reason. jmo

The families and loved ones of,the dead I am sure are so happy to hear that there needs to be a definition of spree.

ER wasn't angry at the "hot blondes" and "brutes", he was ultimately angry and his bio parents. Another few years and he either would have grown up and come to terms with his anger OR have taken out the true objects of his hatred. JMO

However, and ultimately, ER is making his bio parents suffer now and probably for the rest of their lives!

ER's final actions just made it so we all are forced to ride that suffer bus as well! JMO

Yes. anger is the issue. We need to work on strategies to deal with anger.

Yes. anger is the issue. We need to work on strategies to deal with anger.

That could be simplistic (or snarky) as there obviously were other issues
in play as well as the question of the cause of his anger. JMO

That could be simplistic (or snarky) as there obviously were other issues
in play as well as the question of the cause of his anger. JMO

Not being snarky. I really mean we have to work in anger. Teach strategies. Have the whole family in for therapy. Sounds like ER went on his own? Parents not an issue?

Someone asked on the bodybuilding site...

What are some things you've guys have purchased that you legit feel improved your life? Things that made you healthier, happier.

Elliott's answer "a handgun". He answered this on 05/24/2014 at 10:15am.

He was also on match.com.

What are some things you've guys have purchased that you legit feel improved your life? Things that made you healthier, happier.

Somebody must be pretending to be him, because he was already dead on 5/23. It goes to show how many crazy people are out there!

Here is an interesting read, just posted yesterday in the NY times ~

Cathleen Bloeser, whose son knew Elliot from elementary school, described him as an “emotionally troubled” boy who would come over to their house and just hide. “If I could have picked anyone who would have done this, it would have been Elliot,” she said. “My husband and I didn’t want our son to stay with Elliot.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/02/u...fornia-followed-years-of-withdrawal.html?_r=0

Here is an interesting read, just posted yesterday in the NY times ~

Cathleen Bloeser, whose son knew Elliot from elementary school, described him as an “emotionally troubled” boy who would come over to their house and just hide. “If I could have picked anyone who would have done this, it would have been Elliot,” she said. “My husband and I didn’t want our son to stay with Elliot.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/02/u...fornia-followed-years-of-withdrawal.html?_r=0
Great find - he has been ill since birth - imo thats typical of mental illiness! From anyone in the kids life we have not heard one descriptin that is not aspergers - just have not!
IMO

Elliot Rodger: A Psychotic Psychopath?
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/201405/elliot-rodger-psychotic-psychopath

In the wake of every mass shooting people ask, “what kind of person could do such a thing?” On the one hand, there is no profile of school shooters—they are too diverse to be captured by a single conceptualization. On the other hand, they do tend to fall into one of three categories. In my book, Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters, I categorized ten perpetrators as either psychopathic, psychotic, or traumatized. In my forthcoming book (tentatively titled School Shooters: 48 High School, College, and Adult Perpetrators), most of the shooters fit in one of the three types, but five exhibited both psychotic and psychopathic traits.

Elliot Rodger appears to also have had aspects of both types. One way of understanding him is to compare him to Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Like Harris, Rodger was narcissistic. He wrote repeatedly about being “destined for greatness” and stated, “I am the ideal, magnificent gentleman.” Along with his narcissism, he was remarkably entitled. He believed that women owed him love and sex and when he was denied satisfaction, he called it an “injustice” and a “crime.” In his 137-page autobiography, he wrote about their “crime of not giving me the attention and adoration I so rightfully deserve!”

Not only was Rodger easily enraged when his desires were thwarted, but he was an “injustice collector,” someone who went through life accumulating a sense of outrage about all the wrongs he had suffered. Harris, too, held grudges and wrote about never letting anyway who had wronged him get away with it. Rodger expressed the same idea; writing about his outrage that another male was successful with women, Rodger wrote, “I will never forget it, nor will I forgive it.” In terms of personality traits, collecting injustices is masochistic—an obsessive preoccupation with one’s suffering, holding onto and exaggerating one’s pain.

Dr. Peter Langman views Elliot Rodger as a psychotic psychopath and is similar to Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

I agree and have from the get go

Do you have links to these? On the body building one, did someone make a convincingly similar screen name, hack ER's real account or......??? Obviously it wasn't really him.

Another thoughtful, honest blog post regarding Rogers and his ilk:

Overcome Your Programming and Be a Better Man

When I was a freshman in high school, I made a series of battle plans along with my older brother and his friends that detailed how we'd take out our entire school once we obtained guns and bombs.

And further down in the post:

In watching that unsettling video, there was one other thing that came to mind -- this dope's constant stating that hot girls caused his problems and actions. And even more disconcerting has been reading all the articles that round up the tweets and comments and tumblrs from other young men expressing that they think this sentiment is right. That hot girls drive men crazy, that they are not understanding, that their attitude causes justifiable violence and terror.

A few quick points on that:

No woman owes you anything.
The best way to get the attention from the women you want is through becoming the person you want to be. You can't force anyone to adapt to you, but you can change you, and then the people you want around you will lock in and see you and find love in you and for you.

Read the entire post at the link:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-gethard/overcome-your-programming_b_5433546.html

Scary times we live in. Especially with some feeling such a sense of entitlement. And we have a generation so desensitized. Mix for disaster. And we are seeing it :banghead:

Another thoughtful, honest blog post regarding Rogers and his ilk:

Overcome Your Programming and Be a Better Man

When I was a freshman in high school, I made a series of battle plans along with my older brother and his friends that detailed how we'd take out our entire school once we obtained guns and bombs.

And further down in the post:

In watching that unsettling video, there was one other thing that came to mind -- this dope's constant stating that hot girls caused his problems and actions. And even more disconcerting has been reading all the articles that round up the tweets and comments and tumblrs from other young men expressing that they think this sentiment is right. That hot girls drive men crazy, that they are not understanding, that their attitude causes justifiable violence and terror.

A few quick points on that:

No woman owes you anything.
The best way to get the attention from the women you want is through becoming the person you want to be. You can't force anyone to adapt to you, but you can change you, and then the people you want around you will lock in and see you and find love in you and for you.

Read the entire post at the link:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-gethard/overcome-your-programming_b_5433546.html

Excellent!

Do you have links to these? On the body building one, did someone make a convincingly similar screen name, hack ER's real account or......??? Obviously it wasn't really him.

Sorry it's clearly someone with a sick sense of humour since they were posting when he was already dead.

Match.com profile I found from googling elliotrodger1. The first link.

Anyone know when /where he bought his guns?

ANyone think it odd not a word on autopsy - I wanna know time of death on roomates?

Is there some way for the website to give like the five top "trending" threads? I think it would be neat to see which stories are most active, their ebb and flow and how much interest they are generating between one another here!

I notice that he listed his height as 5' 10" on match.com, lol. I also see he claimed "agnostic", someone had asked about his religion earlier.
Sorry it's clearly someone with a sick sense of humour since they were posting when he was already dead.

Match.com profile I found from googling elliotrodger1. The first link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdombr25
Back