CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be common for people to refer to a trailer as "the house"? JG did this in the quote above “I kind of thought … maybe that it was our cousin in the house,” she said. I've been wondering all along if the trailer was actually parked on a property with a regular house on it nearby. Have I missed any info about whether or not the cousin and his partner shared the trailer, or lived elsewhere on the same property. You'd think that if they lived right where Ember was missing from, we would have heard from them by now (or have I missed that ?)
I have loads of questions like everyone else - in JG's interview in a front yard, did you notice that it was the Graham family flanking her? I have seen people referring to division in the family, presumably seen on fb - does it appear that JG is estranged from her own side of the family?

In defense of those from the hills or the hollers or of those who live below the poverty, one's character has nothing to do with either geography or income. There are plenty of backwoods people and plenty of poor people who are genuine and kindhearted and love their children.

The Deliverance thing is really a stereotype!

BBM
Of course that is absolutely true, Gitana. I wasn't discussing character in particular. Some of us were responding to a poster who didn't think these living situations were very common in this country. Sadly, they are even more prevalent now than during my time roaming the boonies in the northern CA redwoods. And the horrifying conditions we're talking about haven't much connection to simple backwoods or poor people IMO.

Certainly, living below the poverty line, even in inexcusable (IMO) squalor, doesn't mean people aren't kindhearted and don't necessarily love their kids. But the increase in those types of extremely substandard living situations has a lot more to do with drug abuse than simply economic disadvantages. IMO And drug abuse impacts character and creates unnecessary poverty. At least that's been my observation.

All MOO.

Would it be common for people to refer to a trailer as "the house"? JG did this in the quote above “I kind of thought … maybe that it was our cousin in the house,” she said. I've been wondering all along if the trailer was actually parked on a property with a regular house on it nearby. Have I missed any info about whether or not the cousin and his partner shared the trailer, or lived elsewhere on the same property. You'd think that if they lived right where Ember was missing from, we would have heard from them by now (or have I missed that ?)
I have loads of questions like everyone else - in JG's interview in a front yard, did you notice that it was the Graham family flanking her? I have seen people referring to division in the family, presumably seen on fb - does it appear that JG is estranged from her own side of the family?

I don't see why someone wouldn't refer to it as "the house" or "our house" or whatever if it was where they lived/planned to live. I think they'd refer to it differently if it were for camping, travel etc. but if it was "home" I can see calling it "the house." I do remember seeing something about another trailer on the property that the cousin lived in, but I don't remember seeing anything about a "regular" house. I'm very curious to hear from this cousin who was apparently either in the same trailer or in one on the same property, for sure.

I know, so many questions. The family division is confusing me too. I feel like I need some sort of chart to figure out who everyone is, but then I realized it likely won't help with finding Ember so I'm trying to stay focused on her instead. It's tough when her Dad's in court and a named POI though. I don't think they have been looking for an alive baby for awhile, and I really don't think so now - it's heartbreaking.

IIRC I believe someone here checked the property on Google earth and posted that there is a double wide mobile home there also. That could be referred to as "the house." IMO I kind of think the cousin and partner live in "the house." But I could be wrong. I don't know if they have spoken. I hope someone will chime in with more or correct info.

I don't see why someone wouldn't refer to it as "the house" or "our house" or whatever if it was where they lived/planned to live. I think they'd refer to it differently if it were for camping, travel etc. but if it was "home" I can see calling it "the house." I do remember seeing something about another trailer on the property that the cousin lived in, but I don't remember seeing anything about a "regular" house. I'm very curious to hear from this cousin who was apparently either in the same trailer or in one on the same property, for sure.

I know, so many questions. The family division is confusing me too. I feel like I need some sort of chart to figure out who everyone is, but then I realized it likely won't help with finding Ember so I'm trying to stay focused on her instead. It's tough when her Dad's in court and a named POI though. I don't think they have been looking for an alive baby for awhile, and I really don't think so now - it's heartbreaking.

I found this picture of the trailer and property:

I hope it posts ok.... I'll put a link instead of screen shot, in case it's too large.

http://postimg.org/image/bj7eyrnqp/

I hope it posts ok.... I'll put a link instead of screen shot, in case it's too large.

Thanks for posting this. There's a house in the background, if I'm not mistaken.

Dear Lord, that trailer is tiny. Please, someone refresh my memory. Does the house at least have running water, plumbing, or any respite from the heat?

I can't imagine anyone turning the "swamp cooler off" at any point during the night because it was too cool if it was 90 degrees outside. My HinkyMeter just shattered into smithereens! :cow:

:eek:verreaction:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I thought I saw this before but couldn't find it again. Yeah that does look like a manufactured home or double-wide type home in the background. And how sad to see the stroller in the foreground behind the crime scene tape. That trailer in front sure does look small to live in for any extended length of time. I wonder where they were all moving into?

Thanks for posting this. There's a house in the background, if I'm not mistaken.

Dear Lord, that trailer is tiny. Please, someone refresh my memory. Does the house at least have running water, plumbing, or any respite from the heat?

I can't imagine anyone turning the "swamp cooler off" at any point during the night because it was too cool if it was 90 degrees outside. My HinkyMeter just shattered into smithereens! :cow:

Nope no a/c, no running water and no working bathroom. The report states that the sewage flows into a cesspool. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I guess that there's a sink and toilet but no drainage system in place. Gag.

Nope no a/c, no running water and no working bathroom. The report states that the sewage flows into a cesspool. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I guess that there's a sink and toilet but no drainage system in place. Gag.

The trailer would most likely be self-contained, with its own water tank and septic holding tank, but you'd have to take it somewhere to fill up water and empty the septic every few days.

ETA: or I guess they could just use the same water supply that the house uses and the same cesspool, using a long hose (ugh!)

That looks like a double wide (or house) in the background. It looks like a swamp cooler on the roof of the house to me. I don't think we've heard whether the house has normal amenities (no septic system, just a cesspool), but the trailer doesn't have running water or a working toilet. I assume they have run a line to the house for electricity.

Actually, the trailer looks a lot better and newer than I expected. Twenty five feet isn't unreasonable for a couple and a baby, as long as all the systems are working. It would be fine, based on my experience, especially if it has a slide on the other side to make it wider (I kind of doubt it does). My dh and I were full time RVers in a 34' fifth wheel for eight years, and at times we wished it was a little shorter when we were traveling and parking it overnight.

There seems to be a typical RV AC on the roof, so I don't know why MG mentioned running a swamp cooler, unless it was a portable one inside and he wanted to add humidity to the air (Redding heat is dry). If it's 90 degrees outside, the trailer would heat right back up as soon as you turn off the AC or swamp cooler. Sleeping would be impossible without...ummm...sedation.

From the bike and basketballs, I assume children live there. I imagine the whole place will be eyed by CPS.

ETA: I forgot that the AC didn't work, so I guess he used a portable swamp cooler instead.

This isn't the trailer that was posted on the news fb page a few days ago. I have to try to find the correct one. I believe the trailer he lived in was behind what is seen here. His trailer was old, dirty, and had refuse and junk everywhere around it. This one looks like the Taj Mahal compared to the other on on that property.

This isn't the trailer that was posted on the news fb page a few days ago. I have to try to find the correct one. I believe the trailer he lived in was behind what is seen here. His trailer was old, dirty, and had refuse and junk everywhere around it. This one looks like the Taj Mahal compared to the other on on that property.

BBM:
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
:thud:

That's what I remembered too, so I was pleasantly surprised by this photo. I take back everything I said about how well it could work for them. :(

I remember there was a fancy stainless BBQ outside amidst the junk in the other photo...incongruous.

You might be right. Yes, I recall running across a picture like that too. Police were questioning people -- it looked like an absolute junk yard. There's a picture of his trailer on his instagram page, which does look different, and smaller, than this one.

ETA: that instagram picture was from about a year and a half ago, so IDK...

Seeing that last photo posted, I'm not asupset about conditions. Most likely electricity and water from the main house. While true there's a holding tank on camper, one would need a place to empty the holding tank. With two adults it should have lasted at least a week, and possibly two weeks. If showers were done in main house, then even longer. My sister and her husband lived in one a few months while completing their house. Heck people are choosing tiny, compact homes now.

Where are you precious child?

Here's the photo that was posted earlier of the trailer that Ember was supposedly at when she disappeared. This is a screen capture from the KRCR news story. (I didn't do the screen cap, just found it from earlier in the thread) Looks like there are a number of trailers on that property? Wish Ember was living/going to be living in the "Taj Mahal" one from the previous page, that's for sure.

6e3dafc521fd0c04f41faf0205a46482.jpg

Ugh and now we're back to not knowing what they lived in.

Ugh and now we're back to not knowing what they lived in.

The one I just posted was shown on the news as the location where the dad was living, but I'm not sure where/when the other picture came from. Also not sure if the one the news showed was accurate. So to echo your sentiments, ugh!

Madison Wade KRCR 7 - 4h

Surveillance video of Matthew Graham with Ember the night before she disappeared has helped investigators find inconsistencies in Graham's statements. Graham is still a person of interest and in this interview with investigators, they say they aren't shifting their focus from Graham because he's the only one who knows what happened to 6-month-old Ember Sky. ‪#‎KRCR‬ KRCR News Channel 7 https://facebook.com/KRCR7?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.396688520529921

Direct link to video here:
https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=396688520529921&id=267727076759400

https://facebook.com/madisonwadetv?fref=nf&_rdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics