CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 Jul 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://twitter.com/jennyespino_RS/status/621770285566423040?s=17

Jenny Espino (@jennyespino_RS) tweeted at 3:53pm - 16 Jul 15:
Sheriff's office locates #BabyEmber's dad's #MatthewGraham's backpack in Shasta Lake.

Jenny Espino (@jennyespino_RS) tweeted at 3:54pm - 16 Jul 15:
Sheriff's office says backpack was in a densely wooded area about 250 years from victim's residence on Cottage Avenue. #BabyEmber

(Probably a typo, 250 yards?)

Jenny Espino (@jennyespino_RS) tweeted at 3:56pm - 16 Jul 15:
Inside backpack: rope, twine , gloves, single sheet, frying pan, roll of duct tape, shirt. No items of value in #BabyEmber's disappearance.

So, just camping stuff? Sheet, rope and twine to make a tent, duct tape too probably, frying pan to cook over a fire? Sounds like he at least planned this somewhat; didn't just see an opportunity and grab the money and gun and flee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here it says he was having visitation............. nothing about her packing to move in w him...

i think in light of recent events she is creating distance. i feel bad for her but it was all over the news and also that she was standing by him.

what a mess.

Yes, this is a different spin on the status of their relationship than was given before, for sure.

I'm curious how it got 250 yards into woods if he parked the car and ran? It didn't sound like he got that far. Could he have put the backpack there prior to stealing the car and was going back for it? Might answer why he pulled off highway at that particular exit. jMO

Is that anywhere near Jamie and Ember lived? It says near the victim's residence on Cottage. Ember is the victim, not Matthew Graham. Is so, it seems like he was trying to get to Jamie for some reason.

Yes, this is a different spin on the status of their relationship than was given before, for sure.

I wonder if the first story we heard was his parents' spin and the latest we are hearing is her parents' spin. And I don't mean spin in a negative way here.

IIRC the tussle at the hospital was "between the families" and it seemed to me early on that MG's family was trying to distance JG from her family.

Is that anywhere near Jamie and Ember lived? It says near the victim's residence on Cottage. Ember is the victim, not Matthew Graham. Is so, it seems like he was trying to get to Jamie for some reason.

The victim referred to is the couple whose car was stolen after MG slept overnight in their backyard on patio cushions. The search took place from the Burger King, north to Cottage Avenue where MG was last seen with the stolen car.

the backpack wasnt in dunsmuir, it was close to the home of the ppl he carjacked.

the twine and string makes me nervous......

I'm curious how it got 250 yards into woods if he parked the car and ran? It didn't sound like he got that far. Could he have put the backpack there prior to stealing the car and was going back for it? Might answer why he pulled off highway at that particular exit. jMO

yes cottage ave was where the victims of his carjacking lived.

he must have tossed it there either before or after the carjacking. duct tape? rope? sounds all bad......

Per Jenny Espino tweet (7/16/15 @3:54) ".........backpack was in a densely wooded area about 250 years [yards?] from victim's residence on Cottage Avenue."
Question- by victim- do they mean the couple that were held at gunpoint? If he hunkered down and slept outside their house- why would his backpack be in that location? Just does not make sense to me at all. I hope they can verify it was his with 100% certainty.

ok that makes me feel better. it sounded sinister to me at first.

So, just camping stuff? Sheet, rope and twine to make a tent, duct tape too probably, frying pan to cook over a fire? Sounds like he at least planned this somewhat; didn't just see an opportunity and grab the money and gun and flee.

no. the victims of the carjacking.

ok that makes me feel better. it sounded sinister to me at first.

Don't feel too badly- when I first read the items I had much more sinister thoughts than "camping gear."

I've always felt he planned to run - the part that's driving me crazy is did he plan to harm her and run, or did something happen to her accidentally and he ran?

Don't feel too badly- when I first read the items I had much more sinister thoughts than "camping gear."

I did too, except I can also see that being all the basic stuff you'd grab if you were taking off. I really do not enjoy camping, but even I know always have rope, bring something to cook in, and duct tape can fix anything. If I were desperate that's probably the stuff I'd grab.

I wonder if they can tell, was this stuff purchased or obtained before or after Ember went missing? IMO it makes a huge difference.

I guess this also answers the question about whether he left a note regarding where Ember is or might be. I kind of figured the answer was/would be no, but I was hoping.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I wonder what the outcome would have been if the pacifier was just sent out for DNA testing without mentioning it to the family (if that's possible)

Or at least kept a close watch on him knowing that finding a clue might trigger some sort of response in him. (Who knows what he might have done!)

Ugh...it just breaks my heart that there is no active searches going on for sweet baby Ember. I know...I know...they don't know where else to look and I really don't know where I would even look, but it just seems so wrong to just stop searching for a baby. Well, for anybody. I understand that resources get used quickly and they do eventually have to focus on other cases and duties, but if my child, or anyone I loved, ever went missing and they suspended the search I think I would go absolutely bonkers! I just can't imagine how her mom can even cope with all of this right now. Her baby girl is missing and her husband is now gone. While he may have hurt Ember and hid her body, I am sure Jamie can't just turn off the feelings she had for this man so quickly. This must all hurt her heart, spirit and soul so badly. I really feel for her. I don't know how she is going to make it through life with this horrible tragedy weighing on her shoulders. I don't know how anyone can deal with life after losing a loved one and the fact that they may go their entire life without ever finding their loved one.....just unimaginable! MOO

https://twitter.com/jennyespino_RS/status/621770285566423040?s=17

Jenny Espino (@jennyespino_RS) tweeted at 3:53pm - 16 Jul 15:
Sheriff's office locates #BabyEmber's dad's #MatthewGraham's backpack in Shasta Lake.

Jenny Espino (@jennyespino_RS) tweeted at 3:54pm - 16 Jul 15:
Sheriff's office says backpack was in a densely wooded area about 250 years from victim's residence on Cottage Avenue. #BabyEmber

(Probably a typo, 250 yards?)

Jenny Espino (@jennyespino_RS) tweeted at 3:56pm - 16 Jul 15:
Inside backpack: rope, twine , gloves, single sheet, frying pan, roll of duct tape, shirt. No items of value in #BabyEmber's disappearance.

Just my opinion but wouldn't LE process those items (gloves and duct tape especially) for fibers, hair etc?

Just my opinion but wouldn't LE process those items (gloves and duct tape especially) for fibers, hair etc?

I would think so. It would be foolish and careless NOT to. That duct tape: If Ember was found and she had duct tape on her mouth/nose (I hate to even write that, sorry!) They would be able to match up the "tear" mark, if you will, to the roll in his backpack. I hope that makes sense! It really would be so negligent of them not to keep those items and test them as you said!
All is MOO

I would think so. It would be foolish and careless NOT to. That duct tape: If Ember was found and she had duct tape on her mouth/nose (I hate to even write that, sorry!) They would be able to match up the "tear" mark, if you will, to the roll in his backpack. I hope that makes sense! It really would be so negligent of them not to keep those items and test them as you said!
All is MOO

That's along the lines of what I was thinking too. If they can tell this stuff is new or unused vs. partially used, it seems like they should be able to find out something from what they found. Does it help with finding Ember? I don't know... might help with getting justice for her though, if he did harm her and they can prove it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back