CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 Jul 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't followed everything in this case, but I did watch the video. I find it hard to believe. Stop and think about this for a minute! If you are about to throw your baby off of a bridge at 3 in the morning and you hear a car coming, are you going to turn and look that person in the eye????? Or are you going to lay down on the ground and try to hide yourself???? A person could very easily crouch down behind the guardrail between the pavement and the walkway. Makes for a good story, but I'm very suspicious.

I think the detail of looking right into the eyes is designed to accomplish one thing: to implicate the mother. There were media reports that there was a dust-up between the families at the hospital so a tip trying to pull her into this mess wouldn't surprise me.

That said, LE should at least investigate.

JMO

Wait... thread one, early reports, JG and MG were together, packing and moving, and both had been at the camper. It said JG left to go finish packing with plans to complete the move at 8 am. So yes, living conditions were known.

At this point, not important to me. That's not helping to find Ember.

I still want every inch of that property searched.

As for vultures or odors at this time, I doubt so. If Ember was buried, then possibly. Left in the wilderness, not much may be left especially if no clothes to begin with and only her diaper.

IMO

I don't think the tipster is legit. Way too much coincidence, and LE hasn't said a word about it. We need to find the baby. LE would most certainly be crawling all over a tip like that if it was legit.

Plus, the creek runs right back to Happy Valley....

The sheriff said in the press conference that MG and JG were estranged. I thought they were back together. Which is it??

<modsnip>
http://www.thenorthstategazette.com/

It contains a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFR7chfAGDA) from a reporter named Lance Fox claiming the newspaper received an unverified tip from a married couple driving across the Clear Creek bridge at 3:00 a.m. on their way to do laundry on the night baby Ember disappeared. The people in the auto claim that as they drove by they saw a young couple (man and woman) bundling something while standing on the walkway in about the middle of the bridge. Further, the tipster claims the female looked him square in the eye so he believes he recognized her as the woman on the 'flyer.' The reporter also claims that the tipster described the couple's clothing.

Whether or not this is a valid tip remains to be determined, but it is certainly worth an examination by LE.

How does someone driving a vehicle at 3:00am in a remote, likely not well lit area, know someone looks them right in the eye? And where is there a 24 hour? laundry mat in a rural area?

IDK that I believe this is a credible lead. And I am sure LE verified everyone's whereabouts the hours before Ember went missing.

Wait... thread one, early reports, JG and MG were together, packing and moving, and both had been at the camper. It said JG left to go finish packing with plans to complete the move at 8 am. So yes, living conditions were known.

At this point, not important to me. That's not helping to find Ember.

I still want every inch of that property searched.

As for vultures or odors at this time, I doubt so. If Ember was buried, then possibly. Left in the wilderness, not much may be left especially if no clothes to begin with and only her diaper.

IMO

A 25' trailer is a very small space. I can't imagine packing for it would take much time at all if there wasn't a usable toilet or sink or source of water. A very confined space. This piece of the puzzle doesn't fit and I'm not sure if it is JG's version or MG's version.

JMO

How does someone driving a vehicle at 3:00am in a remote, likely not well lit area, know someone looks them right in the eye? And where is there a 24 hour? laundry mat in a rural area?

IDK that I believe this is a credible lead. And I am sure LE verified everyone's whereabouts the hours before Ember went missing.
I'm with you. Plus, Happy Valley would be the closest town to that road to have a laundry at, and they were going the wrong way. The next town in that direction is miles and miles away almost to interstate 5. Why drive twice as far, to do laundry? Nothing makes sense about this. I'm not going to give it another thought.

Does anyone recall if LE has said anything or if there have been pictures posted of people searching the creek with kayaks? I recall reading it but unfortunately I don't remember where at this point.

I am not putting a whole lot of stock in that creek video (but still appreciate it being made and posted here!), but I'd feel a lot better knowing that the creek's been searched from the water.

A 25' trailer is a very small space. I can't imagine packing for it would take much time at all if there wasn't a usable toilet or sink or source of water. A very confined space. This piece of the puzzle doesn't fit and I'm not sure if it is JG's version or MG's version.

JMO

It doesn't fit for me either and there could be a million reasons why he had Ember that night. I think this is a question we'll likely never get an answer to.

I would not discount the bridge lead. I did a search on the map and the area the bridge is in is on a main road that goes directly to shopping (24 hours), and laundry too, I'm sure.
My gut is saying this may be a viable lead. The way the road curves, the light would shine immediately and directly on anyone on the bridge.

I'm with you. Plus, Happy Valley would be the closest town to that road to have a laundry at, and they were going the wrong way. The next town in that direction is miles and miles away almost to interstate 5. Why drive twice as far, to do laundry? Nothing makes sense about this. I'm not going to give it another thought.

Actually Redding is closest down Clear Creek, in the Westwood shopping center, or around there. It also takes you out to Bonnyview or down 273.

I would not discount the bridge lead. I did a search on the map and the area the bridge is in is on a main road that goes directly to shopping (24 hours), and laundry too, I'm sure.
My gut is saying this may be a viable lead. The way the road curves, the light would shine immediately and directly on anyone on the bridge.

I agree that it is a lead that should be checked out. The local blogger sure found it credible enough and he actually lives around there and walked into the water.

JMO

Pregnant girls in an inpatient rehab have been ordered to remain on ankle monitors, in Shasta County; makes no sense that MG wasn't, in my opinion.

Did LE or MSM state why Ember's mom chose not to stay with MG and the baby that night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually Redding is closest down Clear Creek, in the Westwood shopping center, or around there. It also takes you out to Bonnyview or down 273.

I hope we find her.
I hope we find her too. :(

We must have two different things in our minds' eyes as far as distance goes. Here's what I was thinking...
green arrow = path of travel
image.jpg

Happy Valley is actually a little farther west than the Happy Stop mart, but I didn't circle it. But it's where we have the image involving the missing 1 hour.

Did the blogger say the witness was headed to a laundry mat? I think if LE are sincere about finding Ember, they would check out every lead. Couldn't the witness have been headed to a home of family/friend? I'm not understanding how a blogger who actually lives in the area thinks it is credible enough but those who don't live there don't find it credible. Seems to be a real disconnect.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warriorwidow