CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she's not the only one who had to have known ...

Again, attitudes toward this are changing so for some, this may not have been that big of a concern. There are plenty of people who smoke some form of weed on a regular basis and still function. There are some who you would never know are high. It isn't the smoking of the wax that would be an issue, it's the making of it that's dangerous.

FWIW my husband just was asking what i'm doing and so I told him about the 2 acres, 3 trailers, and one cesspool and he stopped me to say "what?? No, each one will have it's OWN septic, that's stupid."

FWIW

PS - the relevence is that LE said they searched ONE cesspool. The baby is still missing. Perhaps she is in the other one. That is the point of determining the plumbing setup.

Shoot, little william tyrrell was missing HOW LONG before someone realized a shirt was found clogging the septic line?

This does matter.

IMO.

yes it matters

your posts are always relevant and thoughtful IMO

Again, attitudes toward this are changing so for some, this may not have been that big of a concern. There are plenty of people who smoke some form of weed on a regular basis and still function. There are some who you would never know are high. It isn't the smoking of the wax that would be an issue, it's the making of it that's dangerous.

the smoking of the wax IS an issue when there's a baby in a confined space with him!

STILL no Ember. Cases like this anger me.

Do we know when the last time was that someone actually saw baby Ember awake? I have read that the father had baby at the store, but thought baby was asleep? Also cousins eye witness account whether before or after store..I think she doesn't know, but she did not mention an awake or asleep baby is that correct?

We've all been talking (including me) about the store clerk saying Ember was asleep in her car seat when MG brought her into the store but I can't find a link to that. All I could find was this:

Video surveillance shows Matthew Graham arriving in his pickup at the Happy Stop Market in Happy Valley. Ember is unfastened in a safety seat. He carried her into the store in a bassinet-style car seat, as reported by a clerk inside the store.
http://www.redding.com/news/local-n...ng-baby-case-take-authorities-to-ono_80945585

It may have been mentioned elsewhere but there are so many articles out now that it's difficult to find details anymore.

The cousin's g/f said in msm that MG stopped to get water and had Ember in his arms but doesn't say whether Ember was awake or asleep.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/missing-infants-father-ordered-released-from-jail_19702151

Many claim they are functional while doing drugs and think no one knows about their habits. Just from my experiences, they are fooling themselves. The signs are there.

Info about infant abductions from NCMEC:
http://www.missingkids.com/InfantAbduction

Show me one of those cases that involved a baby taken from his or her bed at home at night. I'm very specific in what I write for a reason. I know of only one such case where it is quite possible that it was an actual abduction and not a family-involved murder. I know of no case where it's been actually proven that it was a true abduction from their bed at night.

Yes, we've all heard of the cases of newborns stolen from hospital nurseries or cut out of a mother's body or yanked from her arms in a parking lot by a nut who wants to pretend the kid is hers. I know of not one of those cases that fits his profile- stolen from her crib in her home AT NIGHT. Over and over we've seen these cases. Police suspect the parents in pretty much all of them.

Also, Ember does not fit the profile of the cases cited. They are from ages newborn to 6 months.

My thing is - if he was planning to harm her - why bring her into the store at all? The type of person he is being described as - seems to be the type to just run in and come back out. I think he planned no harm to her at that point but something went wrong after this store visit. He left her outside somewhere or got highly annoyed with the crying. I also don't think he took time to bury her - I think she will be found in water or a secluded repository. The incident could have happened during the night after he returned . he may have purchased his drugs and did them at home and could not handle the crying.

Perhaps to establish that he had Ember and to be seen with her? "She was alive in my care until she was stolen from our house that night."

In Canada, Police statistics show 25 children of the 46,718 reported missing in 2011 listed as "abducted by stranger."

However, the definition of stranger for these numbers includes anyone who is not a parent. In other words it could be a relative, a friend of the family, a babysitter or someone unknown to the family or victim."

The article goes on to say that only 2 children out the total reported missing (46,718) had been abducted by someone who was not a relative or family friend. It's extremely rare to have a case in which a child is kidnapped by a stranger.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/child-abductions-by-strangers-rare-in-canada-1.1335061

And again, add an infant stolen from his or her crib at night. Now you drop that statistic down to nil.

Well, I have to agree I'm a big fan of statistics, and always look at what's statistically more likely to happen. But to say it "doesn't happen", and then refuse to believe a possibility, is looking the other way on truth, IMHO. Although things are rare you have to accept that they CAN happen, and look at it that way.

So. You can google this question "baby kidnapped from crib" as easily as I can, but I thought I'd give some names to get you started.

Sabrina Aisenberg hasn't ever been found, but I believe she was kidnapped from her crib and her parents have apparently been cleared. I believe Lisa Irwin also was taken by someone unknown to LE. In googling, I found this:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20784707,00.html

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...vania-baby-found-dead-suspect-in-custody?lite

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/03/01/girl.found.alive/

And certainly Charles Lindberg's baby.

But again, you can google as well as I can, and I did notice about 15 more links I didn't open yet to look at.

The thing is, I don't think you're typically the type of person to say "it's most likely this one thing happened, so obviously the other outcome that's less likely can't be true".

I'm just keeping options open.

I'm super careful with what I write. Again, I do not know of one case of a baby that has been proved to have been stolen from his or her crib at night. The Aisenberg baby case certainly has never been proven to have been an abduction.

But you found one. 83 years ago, back when people kidnapped in this country for ransoms, the Lindbergh baby was taken from his crib at night. One case. 83 years ago. Absolutely. But I think that proves my point. We had to go back 83 years to find one proven case fitting this profile.

Also, I hardly think we will break the infant ransom abduction drought we've had for the last 83 years with a ransom case targeting this family.

Finally, everyone sleuths differently. I go by probabilities. And that doesn't mean, "This is more likely so the other is less likely." That's a logical fallacy and not at all what I'm saying. It's more like, "A certain scenario is probable. Others are statistically extremely improbable, standing on their own." So it's not because one scenario is more possible that others are edged out. Those others are improbable from the get go. For example, we could say it's possible a UFO took Ember. But that's not probable. And never will be.

And in this case, I trust that LE do not go into a case with tunnel vision. That they investigate all angles. That they have way more info than they give to the public. That they know how easy it is to get into and out of a specific property. Or how the parents reacted. Or what their stories were. Or if they seem credible. I trust that with all the info they have, and them knowing the statistics firsthand as well as the cases that break the rules, if they are clearly pointing to the father as a suspect, there's a reason for it.

Coupled with what we know about infant stranger abductions from cribs at night, I'm very confident that my focus is a good one.

But anyone is welcome to disagree!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 171
Many claim they are functional while doing drugs and think no one knows about their habits. Just from my experiences, they are fooling themselves. The signs are there.

Yes. And no matter anyone's attitude about it, it was illegal for him to use and unhealthy and unsafe for a baby with other medical issues to be around.

Just because he admitted to smoking wax doesn't mean he wasn't also doing other things. We don't know what combination of Rx pills, alcohol, and other illegal street drugs he may have used.

Let's not forget when police asked MG to help them rule him out by taking a voice stress test, he turned them down and lawyered up.

If this were a stranger abduction, why would MG refuse to help LE rule him out?

I think we're still arguing a very fine point, Gitana. If you are taking this case as a whole, and looking at all the evidence and implications, and coming up with the belief that you are certain the baby wasn't abducted from her crib, that's one thing.

But to say, blanketly, that babies being abducted from a crib at night is so rare that that alone is enough to decide that didn't happen in this case - I have to completely disagree with. What if I told you I went to a pond yesterday and saw a baby turtle with two heads? Would be rather rare, but could happen.

And I don't share your confidence in LE. At all.

Yes. And no matter anyone's attitude about it, it was illegal for him to use and unhealthy and unsafe for a baby with other medical issues to be around.

Just because he admitted to smoking wax doesn't mean he wasn't also doing other things. We don't know what combination of Rx pills, alcohol, and other illegal street drugs he may have used.

He also admitted he was using prescription drugs and failed to disclose that to his probation officer. I'm sure the combination of wax and prescription drugs isn't a good one. Additionally, there is no reason to hide taking prescription pills when one has a legitimate prescription for them.

Let's not forget when police asked MG to help them rule him out by taking a voice stress test, he turned them down and lawyered up.

Because voice stress is not admissible in court, and it can be wrong. I would bet he willingly would give a DNA sample.

At this point, he'd be a fool not to lawyer up. Innocent people do refuse stress tests and lie detector tests. Because cops can use that as ONE MORE way to say they have evidence of guilt when they don't.

He's sketchy, that's for sure. If you've ever been around people who are on probation or have been, they're laying low all the time and ducking cops.

He also admitted he was using prescription drugs and failed to disclose that to his probation officer. I'm sure the combination of wax and prescription drugs isn't a good one. Additionally, there is no reason to hide taking prescription pills when one has a legitimate prescription for them.

Marijuana, in the wax form, was the prescription drug he was using without disclosing as I understand it. He had an Rx for marijuana for some kind of pain, and it expired, and he was using marijuana and trying to get that in under the umbrella of "oh well I had a prescription for it". He's a weed user, plain and simple, and that's what he was jailed for this last time.

the smoking of the wax IS an issue when there's a baby in a confined space with him!

We don't know where or when he smoked it.

ETA: He might have stepped outside for all we know. I am not going to assume anything. Please provide a link if you have one.

This hasn't been my experience at all. I am not talking about hard drugs. I am talking specifically and only about the marijuana community. I live in Colorado. It's a whole different world here.

Because voice stress is not admissible in court, and it can be wrong. I would bet he willingly would give a DNA sample.

At this point, he'd be a fool not to lawyer up. Innocent people do refuse stress tests and lie detector tests. Because cops can use that as ONE MORE way to say they have evidence of guilt when they don't.

He's sketchy, that's for sure. If you've ever been around people who are on probation or have been, they're laying low all the time and ducking cops.

But he wasn't really laying low posting on FB that he was willing to mfg wax. I don't consider driving a vehicle without plates laying low. His actions and lifestyle indicate he is a very careless person.

It's possible he already had to submit dna when he became a convicted felon.

3blue1pink, this isn't directed at you. I'm jumping off of your post because it is related.

So here's the thing... and many of you will disagree with me. That's ok but I don't like all the rumor and misinformation here. Please allow me to clear a few things up. You will just need to trust that I know what I am talking about here and have done my research.

1. Attitudes about marijuana in general are changing and wax is basically concentrated THC (still marijuana). It typically wouldn't make you hallucinate or become violent. Even if JG's parents knew about MG (or anyone else) smoking weed, that might not have been their biggest concern or a concern at all. Most people do not consider this a dangerous drug. And to be honest, it really isn't IMO. It would be stupid to get high while caring for a baby with medical needs but no more stupid than drinking under the same circumstances. My point is this: If a true accident occurred while he was high, he would have tried to get help for the baby. As a result, I lean toward something far more sinister.

2. Manufacturing wax is a problem. If they were smoking it, that's one thing but making it is EXTREMELY dangerous depending on method. When using butane in the manufacture, these "labs" explode pretty regularly. That's really where the danger comes from, not in the use of it.

3. I am having a difficult time on this thread because I think there is a lot of judgment going on. Yes, the living conditions were horrible. Yes, both parents probably were smoking weed. No, they should not have had the baby living there or exposed to it. But in all honesty, I don't think any of that had anything to do with this. I think it's far more likely the "dad" intentionally harmed Ember for no reason other than he is evil.

I agree that Ember probably died in the dad's care, but, isn't this last line judgemental?

Actually it was when MG was shown the surveillance video that he lawyered up:

What Matthew didn’t know prior to making that statement is that detectives had video surveillance showing he left the Happy Stop Market and also video of him driving back by over an hour later. When he was shown this he immediately said he didn’t think it was that long and then could not remember what he did or went during that hour. When detectives pressed him to remember, he asked to speak with a lawyer before any further questioning. This is one of many inconstancies in Matthews’s statement.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/dads-inconsistencies-revealed

But point taken. Why would a concerned father not want to help LE rule him out ASAP so that they could focus on finding his child? I have many lawyers in my family and they would all advise me to get a lawyer but if my child disappeared in the middle of the night I would care less how I appeared to LE. In fact the last thing on my mind would be the fear of looking guilty.

What's telling to me is that he asked for a lawyer right when he was caught in a lie. Without the Happy Mart video I doubt anyone would ever know about the missing hour. IMO I think MG wasn't counting on that little piece of evidence.

MG told his father he had a prescription for medical marijuana, that doesn't mean he actually had one. Until I hear it from a non biased source, not a family member, his ever having a prescription for medical marijuana is a rumor.

No charges as of yet. I think they are trying every way within legal limits to keep tabs on him and make it not so comfortable for him. They were only able to retain him because of previous violations but he had to be let go. As mentioned above - they had a GPS monitor on him but that was taken off. I thought he still had a monitoring device (just not GPS enabled) but could be wrong.

I don't know all details cuz' I'm not 'caught up', but IMO po po is tailing him 24-7 now, no question there.

Question: I read that his trailer is a total dump, but I THOUGHT I read that the mother went to the gate and took a bunch of pics' and said that's a mistake - his trailer is keen and a nearby trailer is the dump.

Question: What is a swamp cooler?

Being a Mega-Parent with lotta double lotta experience, IMO, with that baby's illness & med', feedings every 2 hrs. endlessly would wear the adults down - sounds tough. Also, I thought we all need REM sleep? Doesn't that make a baby/person like 'mentally ill' if they're not getting REM sleep?

IMO, the videos I've now seen of the dad, IMO he sure seems to love his kids (he has 2). All I can think is that he got crazy on whatever he was using, and/or, he is the sort of Jekyll-Hyde personality when he uses - anyone know??

And IMO the one thing I find creepy and wierd is that t-shirt of his with the shovel & the 2 other things on it....

Can someone post a map of Ono - is there a fast-flowing deep creek there? Cliffs such that no one can get to the bottom...? tyia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper