CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searchers continue to comb through remote areas of southwest Shasta County on Saturday in their search for missing baby Ember Skye Graham.

Searchers have come from across the North State, with many from Bay Area counties and elsewhere. They're combing a sparsely populated area roughly surrounding Platina Road north of Highway 36, some 20 to 25 miles due southwest of central Redding.

Volunteers are also searching and began staging at Oak Street and Cloverdale Roads in Happy Valley at about 10 a.m., according to a post on the Find Baby Ember Facebook page.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-n...ng-baby-case-take-authorities-to-ono_80945585

MG did, just before 5:30 a.m.
I wonder if it was a 911 ? I can't imagine MG looking up the phone number to the police especially if he was in a panic. If it was a 911 wonder how long till it's released ?

SeanLongoria just added another tweet. Apparently there's actually nothing new to report. :(

I have a question about making guilt/innocence judgements based on photos of the parents.

If there were an experiment set up, with 10 sets of parents in the first week of grief, and now the outcome is known (stranger abduction, parental killing), how many of us could accurately judge based on the expressions on their faces who was guilty and who was innocent? My guess is there would be very little correlation with the "guesses" of the public based on facial expression and body language to the real truth of what happened.

How pissed did John Walsh look? If I recall, very pissed.

I agree. I've talked with a good friend of ours who lost her daughter in a car accident about this on several occasions. Now, she was never guilty of anything, although being the driver of the vehicle makes her feel guilt at times, but she still did things that raised eyebrows in our church congregation and ruined friendships. Her daughter was 7 and 10 days when she died. She did not go in the room with her when they "pulled the plug," only her husband did. There were times she refused visitors at the hospital (she was also admitted with injuries, as was her 9 year old). She laughed while people told stories. She yelled at nurses when they tried to take her to therapy again and again only for her to throw up, when it turned out they missed a broken ankle and they'd been making her walk on it for physical therapy. All of these things were construed by people as her being an unloving, uncaring mother who had no feelings when her youngest child was dying. Which of course was untrue!!! When she and I have talked, she even feels Leanna Harris' actions and words at Cooper's funeral could be perfectly normal. I have never lost a child and pray I never know the feeling. I pray I'm never under the judgemental eye of everyone around while going through the worst days of my life. I can't even imagine how hard that is for those who deal with it.

So, like I've said before, I'm still on the fence about this couple. The circumstances seem awful suspicious but nothing totally screams MURDERER to me about this guy.

I'm a little concerned with the sheriff's statement. While the discrepancy with the time frame he was driving around is a MAJOR concern, the other concerns don't hold any water at all for me.

First, it doesn't matter that he said the baby would cry if picked up by a stranger within 10 seconds. How would he know that, he rarely saw her, and in fact, you CAN pick up a sleeping baby and move them around with ease. if they're deep in the sleep cycle they don't wake up. That's why you see the classic thing of parents taking sleeping children out of a car after a late outing and carrying them to bed. Because they don't wake up.

It doesn't matter that the sheriff thinks the baby wouldn't fall asleep in a hot truck. She apparently DID, and how would a dad know it would be unlikely? He was rarely with her. It's completely believable he would imagine he could get her to fall asleep that way.

Has anyone ever used a swamp cooler? If they work well, they make the house chilly and kind of clammy. To save money, it's likely he turned it off once it reached that stage. Are they saying people who turn off their air conditioners are typically murderers?

The condition of their plumbing bears no evidence that he killed his child. It only indicates that's a VERY sketchy property, increasing the likelihood that creeps are creeping around there.

Of course he's not expressing "remorse" in a case where he is claiming he's innocent. What fool cries out "I'm so sorry for all this" when he is trying to say he's innocent? LE in general seems to not know what remorse is.

Anyway, I hope this case is solved quickly - or it probably never will be.

How do you know he rarely saw her?

Wayne Graham said the Shasta County sheriff’s investigators cited his son’s swollen ankles as a sign he may have done a lot of walking. But the elder Graham said his son’s ankles swell easily as a result of burns he sustained as a teenager. Those burns required skin grafts, and there is scarring on his legs, he said.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...-surround-disappearance-of-baby-girl/33971226

This is so odd to me. It should be extremely easy to verify (or not) with his doctor. People walk or even run for hours without swollen ankles. moo

He didn't in his facebook photos, in my opinion.

After the baby went missing or before?

I can see him being angry because of people were posting about him and judging him.

I would love to hear MG 911 call.

Yes, you'd think that JG would have called to check on him and the baby that night. IIRC, though, she was staying with her parents in Shingletown. That's at least 40 minutes away. My family has a cabin in Shingletown and it has no cell phone reception there. Other parts of town do, but I don't know where JG's parents live. Our cabin has a land line, but again, I don't know what the parents' situation is.
I do find it odd that there's been no mention of that. With it being possibly the fist time he had her, and her special needs, you'd think the mom and grandparents would want to be available in case of emergency.

I'm a little concerned with the sheriff's statement. While the discrepancy with the time frame he was driving around is a MAJOR concern, the other concerns don't hold any water at all for me.

First, it doesn't matter that he said the baby would cry if picked up by a stranger within 10 seconds. How would he know that, he rarely saw her, and in fact, you CAN pick up a sleeping baby and move them around with ease. if they're deep in the sleep cycle they don't wake up. That's why you see the classic thing of parents taking sleeping children out of a car after a late outing and carrying them to bed. Because they don't wake up.

It doesn't matter that the sheriff thinks the baby wouldn't fall asleep in a hot truck. She apparently DID, and how would a dad know it would be unlikely? He was rarely with her. It's completely believable he would imagine he could get her to fall asleep that way.

Has anyone ever used a swamp cooler? If they work well, they make the house chilly and kind of clammy. To save money, it's likely he turned it off once it reached that stage. Are they saying people who turn off their air conditioners are typically murderers?

The condition of their plumbing bears no evidence that he killed his child. It only indicates that's a VERY sketchy property, increasing the likelihood that creeps are creeping around there.

Of course he's not expressing "remorse" in a case where he is claiming he's innocent. What fool cries out "I'm so sorry for all this" when he is trying to say he's innocent? LE in general seems to not know what remorse is.

Anyway, I hope this case is solved quickly - or it probably never will be.

Excellent post! This is what I have been trying to say all along. The judgment of the families here is really getting to me. Thank you just isn't enough!

Agree and I hope they take a close look at phone records between the two that evening . I'm reading past articles and JG states that MG had contacted his cousin prior to calling her a little after 5 am to till her of Ember's "disappearance". Did he go there in person and wake them up or call? I'm assuming they would be asleep if it was before 5 am. MG stated to her that he checked with everyone beforehand and "she's gone".
Hash is much more potent than marijauna. If he smoked it "all night" i honey wax form, he was very loaded. He would have also had to have been "awake all night" to smoke it all night.

What are the odds that he legitimately doesn't know where she is, even if she was disappeared by his hand some time in the night? Does anyone have knowledge of 'blacking out' from hash?

My heart goes out to both of you. Addicts don't stop without help. Has he been in treatment? Has the family considered an intervention? Also, I would recommend your daughter consider going to al anon or a support group for people dealing with addicted family members.

Praying he is willing to and able to recover.

Yes, he's been through treatment a few times but keeps relapsing. Intervention hasn't been tried because his mother and one brother are also addicts, they don't think he has a problem. My daughter works in Behavorial Health and is a Casa so she doesn't think she needs to go to support group. All great suggestions but I think it's going to take something very serious to wake my daughter up to the situation she's in.

Thanks

I guess this has to be taken as rumor, but he seemed to post on his page when he was her. And it was infrequent.

I think that's just assumption. The cousins girlfriend posted video and photos of him with the girlfriend and baby. The video IIRC is from two weeks ago, the photos are from various times.

I have a question about making guilt/innocence judgements based on photos of the parents.

If there were an experiment set up, with 10 sets of parents in the first week of grief, and now the outcome is known (stranger abduction, parental killing), how many of us could accurately judge based on the expressions on their faces who was guilty and who was innocent? My guess is there would be very little correlation with the "guesses" of the public based on facial expression and body language to the real truth of what happened.

How pissed did John Walsh look? If I recall, very pissed.
I agree.

When I look at how Pierre Collins was behaving in the first few weeks, I think a lot of us bought into his little story. But later it became obvious he was hiding something because he was angry and annoyed at the attention and interference of his evil plans.

I guess it just blows my mind that Ember's mommy had to have known what MG was into (the wax garbage - since he actually has a public post on his FB that he'd even make some if someone was interested in buying) and still let him take her for the night.

Maybe I'm from another planet, but NO ONE cares for any one of my 7 kids or 4 grand kids if they're using drugs. ESPECIALLY drugs that make you pass out/blackout/become violent/hallucinate/etc., the way wax apparently does. I don't care who they are.

I'm just going to take a wild guess here and say that she was probably into the drugs too and/or into doing them with him. Maybe not, but I just strongly doubt that she was with him, knew he was doing that stuff in the trailer with the baby there, and didn't partake herself sometimes. If he's not even hiding it on his publicly accessible FB page, I doubt he hid it from her.

Wow!

What a terrific testament to non-judgmental mother's love...:heartbeat:

And... I am so glad that you have made it through! :hug:

No better advice in this whole thread IMO.
MY daughter was with and had a baby with a drug addict father..whom she and the baby lived with. I always, always told her that I was there for her and the baby no matter what. I got a call one night asking if I could come get the baby. I drove 14 hrs round trip to pick up my grand baby. Within a month, her mommy needed a ride to my place too. I never have looked back, never regretted any of it..Was the best thing to ever happen. They are both so much happier now and my daughter is in a Very healthy relationship with a wonderful man who loves my daughter, grandaughter..and her baby sister ..his bio baby. All is well. Just be there for your daughter and let her know you are..always. Now I have all my babies close..and safe. :)

Hash is much more potent than marijauna. If he smoked it "all night" i honey wax form, he was very loaded. He would have also had to have been "awake all night" to smoke it all night.

What are the odds that he legitimately doesn't know where she is, even if she was disappeared by his hand some time in the night? Does anyone have knowledge of 'blacking out' from hash?

Hash isn't like alcohol in that sense. Again, it's concentrated THC. You wouldn't "black out" but you could get so tired, you would put yourself to bed. You would forget small things, as in misplacing your keys, forgetting what you were doing, etc. You definitely wouldn't forget where you put a baby or that you are caring for a baby unless you shouldn't be a parent anyway.

ETA: Clarification after thinking about this more. "Blacking out" is sort of possible. If you smoked a lot, then yes, you could and would fall asleep somewhere but I think of it differently because once the "high" wore off, you would most likely wake up completely sober and coherent. Very different than "blacking out" from alcohol or anything else IMO.

Do we know when the last time was that someone actually saw baby Ember awake? I have read that the father had baby at the store, but thought baby was asleep? Also cousins eye witness account whether before or after store..I think she doesn't know, but she did not mention an awake or asleep baby is that correct?

I guess it just blows my mind that Ember's mommy had to have known what MG was into (the wax garbage - since he actually has a public post on his FB that he'd even make some if someone was interested in buying) and still let him take her for the night.

Maybe I'm from another planet, but NO ONE cares for any one of my 7 kids or 4 grand kids if they're using drugs. ESPECIALLY drugs that make you pass out/blackout/become violent/hallucinate/etc., the way wax apparently does. I don't care who they are.

she's not the only one who had to have known ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB