Still Missing CA - Enrique Rios, 16, Esparto, Oct 2016 & Elijah Moore, 17, Woodland, Nov 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2 Northern California boys disappear under suspicious circumstances; moms plead for information

"In regards to Elijah, he had to have been either overpowered by more than two people, or drugged," said Alicia.

"I'm thinking that at some point they met someone and they both knew someone, and that someone earned their trust, gained their trust, and lured them off," said Alicia.

In her darkest hours Lola Rios Gutierrez fears the worst: That she'll never see her only son again.

"Whoever doesn't have the heart to come forward, just say what's going on, where the boys are, if they are OK," said Lola.

"I want to believe that my son is alive, I want to believe that 100 percent because I want to see my son again, I want to hug my son again, I want to kiss him and I want to be able to continue to tell him that I love him," said Alicia Moore. "And then there is the other. If he's not, I hope he didn't suffer."

Two mothers who never knew each other now share the same grief.

Both boys are 17 years old.

EDIT: Sorry this is old!! The Find Enrique & Elijah page posted this article 12 hours ago...

"In a jailhouse interview with The Davis Enterprise following his arrest, Shannon said David Froste, enraged over the robbery and unable to find Moore, retrieved a gun from his house and used Shannon’s phone to invite Rios to “party.”

The plan, said Shannon, was to get Rios, 16, to lure Moore to them in order to exact revenge for the rip-off. Rios refused and offered to reimburse Froste for the stolen weed, but was shot by Froste as Shannon and Campos watched from the car."

‘A sad story’: Trial ordered in missing-teens case

I drove down the 505 near esparto and woodland this weekend on my way to Oregon. there isn't ANYTHING out there.... its worse than the 5 through the valley. vast, bleak.

So devastated to find out that Lola has breast cancer on top of still searching for her sons body. What a tragic hard few years have been given to her.

A Sept. 24 trial date for three men accused of killing two Yolo County teens appeared to be in question Friday as a judge tried to strike a balance between two defendants’ right to a speedy trial with another’s right to a fully prepared defense.

The case is due back in court Sept. 17 for a trial-readiness conference.

September trial date in question in missing-teens murder case

Can't access this link, can anyone post some information from it please.

Thanks

Jonathan Froste Breaks His Silence, Offers to Help Find Murdered Teens’ Bodies

Last week, after pleading no contest to the charges he’s facing, Jonathan Froste told the paper 17-year-old Elijah Moore asked to call his mother just before he died. But Froste's brother, David, told him to pray instead. Froste says he, his brother, Chandale Shannon and Jesus Campos then beat Elijah Moore to death. David Froste used a tree branch.

Enrique Rios was shot by David Froste. The teen had refused to help both Froste brothers lure Elijah Moore out of hiding after Moore had robbed David Froste out of $300 worth of marijuana.

Jonathan Froste has now agreed to help prosecutors find the teens’ bodies and provided testimony against his co-defendants, including his older brother.

David Froste and Shannon will be back in court on Sept. 24. The judge says he’d like to have a jury picked by Oct. 1.

Chandale Shannon, meanwhile, is likely to see his trial delayed after his attorney declared a doubt as to his mental competency to stand trial last month, a procedure that suspended his criminal proceedings while he undergoes a psychological evaluation.

Jesus Campos, 16 at the time of his alleged crimes, will have a juvenile-court hearing in January to determine whether he should be tried as an adult.

Jonathan Froste: 'I will pay for my crimes'

Jonathan Froste recalled getting a phone call from his elder brother on the night of Oct. 17, 2016, shortly after Elijah Moore — an acquaintance of all four defendants — robbed David Froste at gunpoint of three ounces of marijuana valued at $300.

“I remember him being really angry about being robbed,” Jay Froste said. “He said he wanted to go shoot up Elijah’s house and go look for him.”

But David Froste’s anger didn’t stem from the stolen pot, according to his brother.

“It was about putting a gun to David. That’s why he wanted to kill him,” Jay Froste said.

Unable to find Moore following the robbery, David Froste, Campos and Shannon — all of whom were present for the shakedown — set their sights on his friend Enrique Rios.

“They came to me, and Chandale brought up Enrique to David,” said Froste, who was at his then-girlfriend’s house in Woodland at the time. “Chandale said, ‘Enrique is Elijah’s friend.’ He was pissed about Elijah putting a gun to him, too.”

“Chandale is the reason Enrique was killed,” Jay Froste added.

Jay Froste said he saw his brother and Shannon the following day, and “they said that they killed Enrique. …David told me that when he was taking a shower, he was remembering Enrique screaming before he died.

“He seemed to feel bad that he killed someone just for being someone else’s friend. That’s what I gathered,” he continued. But, “he still wanted to kill Elijah, too.”

Jonathan Froste: 'I will pay for my crimes'

Trial confirmed in missing-teens homicide case

Trial to begin next Monday with a week of pretrial motions — including one by Sequeira to change the trial’s venue due to the extensive publicity the case has received — followed by jury selection to begin Oct. 1.

Froste murder case goes to trial; doctor finds codefendant mentally incompetent

'Dr. Robert Wagner of Dixon, who evaluated Chandale Shannon Jr., submitted a report that concluded the 21-year-old does not understand the nature and purpose of the court proceedings, nor is he able to assist his defense attorney in a rational manner.'

'Shannon’s lawyer, Bob Spangler, has said his client struggles with a high-functioning form of autism that impacts his ability to comprehend what’s going on in the courtroom.'

'“Frankly, I’m not convinced that Mr. Shannon is incompetent, but I’m certainly willing to move forward with the process to make that determination,” the judge said.'

'With that, Shannon’s court proceedings ended for the time being, while his codefendant David Ashley Froste, 27, remained in the courtroom while attorneys in the case argued a series of pretrial motions.'

Pretrial motions will be argued for the remainder of this week, with jury selection beginning Oct. 1. With the trial down to one defendant, the proceedings are expected to last about four to five weeks, down from three months as originally anticipated.

Froste’s brother, Jonathan “Jay” Froste, 21, admitted to a second-degree murder charge in relation to Moore’s death in a Sept. 14 plea deal in which he agreed to testify for the prosecution. He is expected to be sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.

A fourth defendant, 18-year-old Jesus Campos, was a minor at the time of the alleged crimes. He will undergo a juvenile court hearing in January to determine whether he should be tried as an adult.

Linden, the prosecutor, also announced in court Monday that his office will not seek the death penalty in the case, a decision reached after consulting with the victims’ families. The charges do expose the defendants to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Jury selection underway in case of missing Yolo teens – Daily Democrat

Over 90 Yolo County residents were being considered for jury duty on Monday in the case of two missing teenagers.

Monday’s all-day selection was just one of two for the trial of David Froste, 27, of Knights Landing in his connection to the kidnapping and murdering of Elijah Moore and Enrique Rios — who both went missing in 2016 within weeks of each other.

Opening statements for the trial could begin as early as Friday.

Mother of slain Woodland teen walks out during suspect's trial

According to the district attorney’s office, Jonathan Froste accepted a plea deal in exchange for his testimony against his brother. Shannon was found incompetent to stand trial. Meanwhile, the case against Campos is currently in juvenile court. The DA is in the process of transferring the case to adult court.

The trial resumes on Tuesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back