Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi All, As someone who lives not too far from there and the Idyllwild area (I hike both areas a few times a year), does anyone think Erika's case might be connected to the missing women in the Idyllwild/Anza area? If this is off topic, feel free to disregard. I'm still a newbie here but I don't think it's too far of a reach. Here's the link to the forum on WS CA - CA - 6 individuals missing near Idyllwild, summer 2020

There is so little information available on Erika's disappearance it is certainly worth exploring all possible avenues.

I'm keeping a close eye on all of them. Hoping we hear more from LE soon. Since there's a big fire out that way right now, I'm hoping these cases aren't under prioritized.
On the other hand, with so many first responders in the area, they may come upon something useful related to her case.

So many 'Missing in the desert' case's right now. Maybe they need their own forum so we can keep track. Also 'Missing in National park' there must be hundreds to keep track of in that category. Although we would get some cross over cases too so maybe not such a good idea. Moo.

So many 'Missing in the desert' case's right now. Maybe they need their own forum so we can keep track. Also 'Missing in National park' there must be hundreds to keep track of in that category. Although we would get some cross over cases too so maybe not such a good idea. Moo.

The Missing in National Park category is particularly disturbing because sadly people seem to choose NP's for suicide in substantial numbers. Ending it all in a beautiful place, I guess.

The Missing in National Park category is particularly disturbing because sadly people seem to choose NP's for suicide in substantial numbers. Ending it all in a beautiful place, I guess.

Yes, same here at Rocky Mountain National Park. Really tragic case earlier this year where a mom took her 17-month old son to the Park, shot him, and then shot herself. She was also pregnant with a baby girl at the time. So tragic... :(

Source:
Rocky Mountain National Park deaths: Mom killed young son, self

HUMAN REMAINS FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS

Around the same location where her car was discovered.
"We have limited information about human remains that were found in the desert Saturday morning. About 8 a.m., deputies were notified that remains had been found near Shelton Road and Highway 62, east of Twentynine Palms. The county coroner responded and has assumed the investigation. The Sheriff’s Department will not confirm at this time if the remains belong to Erika Lloyd. "

I just scoured the news....nothing yet. Agree this is taking quite some time. Perhaps there was some delay in obtaining dental records, or something to that effect. IWT we will hear something early next week?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I missed this earlier....FWIW:

California Mom Vanishes During Road Trip To Joshua Tree National Park
August 4, 2020

Snipped...
...The family has now enlisted the help of cave and mine expert Doug Billings to help in the search. He is using a special map to re-trace the missing mom’s movements in the area.

"I did find one person who saw [a woman matching] Erika's description walking down 62 with another person a week after she went missing," Billings told KESQ.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back