Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Forgive me if this has already been posted:
Last MSM on Erika
California mom disappears after leaving for pandemic road trip

The front and back windshields of Lloyd's car were broken, but police said there were no signs of foul play at the scene.

"We both feel like that she could still be out here, she could be with people, somebody could have taken her in," her father, Wayne Lloyd, told ABC affiliate KESQ. "We are hopeful as of this time the sheriff's department hasn't seen anything negative."

I don't understand how the windshields can both be broken and the cops don't think foul play.

"Are you calling about my mom? Are you talking to people? Wayne would say, Yeah, we are trying to find your mom. So he misses her," Ruth Lloyd said. "We know we are not the only family that has gone through this."

Her poor son :(

@kelsie
Because the windshields could be broken after she was gone. So some kids vandalizing her car, you know how it goes. Just smashing things for fun.

Just because her car was vandalized doesn't mean it was directly related to something happening to her.

Oh duh! You're totally right. For some reason that didn't cross my mind.

Oh duh! You're totally right. For some reason that didn't cross my mind.

No worries.

To add, the car was found vandalized by the rangers, whom left a note. Then the next day someone drove it. But it sustained damage and perhaps while getting of the road it got stuck in the sand. From there it was found again and towed.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

She is somewhere in that vastness of space, and I think sadly enough its her last resting place.

No worries.

To add, the car was found vandalized by the rangers, whom left a note. Then the next day someone drove it. But it sustained damage and perhaps while getting of the road it got stuck in the sand. From there it was found again and towed.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

She is somewhere in that vastness of space, and I think sadly enough its her last resting place.
Because we frequent these threads, we tend to default to the thought of foul play. Fortunately, the deviants in society are a small percentage...but they can do massive damage, as well we know all too well.

While foul play shouldn't be dismissed as a possibility, it is more likely the car was the result of feckless youth being stupid and destructive. The world's current events have some folks feeling very anxious, and of course we can understand that. I have observed seemingly stable people on my FB page really unravel.

Perhaps our subject went seeking solace and found herself lost in the unforgiving desert. Her story is a puzzler, and let's hope it's resolved soon. Her family must be in unspeakable anguish.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If the car was parked, and someone deliberately broke the front window, would it deploy the airbags?
Doubt it. I believe it's the impact to the front of a car that causes the airbags to deploy. Also some weight has to be on the seat to indicate the need for airbag use. I hit a car once on my way to work (teacher) that cut in front of me to turn - (his fault and ironically a former student) and only the driver's side airbag deployed.

Is there any updates on the human remains found near Shelton Rd and Highway 62 on August 11th? Her car was found near that same location.

I have found ne reports at all of any human remains found when I check the San Bernadino Couty Sheriff’s Office website, and there has been no other information posted to corroborate this one report

HUMAN REMAINS FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS
Twentynine Palms, CA
| z1077fm.com | 11d

We have limited information about human remains that were found in the desert Saturday morning. About 8 a.m., deputies were notified that remains had been found near Shelton Road and Highway 62, east of Twentynine Palms. The county coroner responded and has assumed the investigation. The Sheriff’s Department will not confirm at this time if the remains belong to Erika Lloyd. Lloyd had left her home June 14 to go to Joshua Tree National Park. Park rangers said they found her vandalized car in the park June 15 and when they went back to check on it, it was gone. The California Highway Patrol found her car near Shelton Road and Highway 62 the next day. Lloyd’s parents reported her missing June 17.

[

Yes, her co-worker and friend said she deleted her FB and has been unreachable on social media, or over the phone.

I appreciate this thought so much @cass523 . A few months ago, in the middle of pandemic, I wound up with a troll on social media and it deeply deeply scared me. I deleted my accounts for a few weeks out of concern for my kids and my family and just to feel less "seen." It actually did help a lot, and I have returned but I have a more limited engagement (which has also been helpful). I'm thinking this aloud because social media can be a place where people terrorize others, and if you are a business owner as a well as mother (like Erika), then pandemic might have amplified those scary people or ex-es or stalkers that seem to have lots of time on their hands right now.

Maybe the social media distance was protective or to try and escape someone who is scaring her or threatening somehow to her mental well-being? I know that's counterintuitive but it's making me wonder if she was trying to get away from someone in particular rather than in general (i.e. not "clearing her head" in general but "clearing her head" from a threatening relationship or acquaintance)?

One of the odd things about this case is that Erika, who was very committed to her business, took off 3 or 4 days before salons were allowed to be open again.

I thought about this and it mentioned somewhere that she was "stressed" from homeschooling her son, which made me realize that childcare would probably be a huge issue for her in trying to reopen her salon. :( In other words, she might not have had an opening option on the table. I have so much sympathy for Erika... I don't know why but something about her just doesn't say self-harm to me.... I'm concerned about people she might have met along the way, particularly males with laced drugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back