Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Her car was found abandoned days later on Highway 62 near Joshua Tree National Park.

“We came to Joshua Tree looking for our daughter, Erika," said Wayne Loyd, father of Erika Lloyd.

Erika Lloyd’s parents make an emotional plea to help bring her home.

“We are just asking if anybody has seen her car or her or seen her since to let the authorities know," said Lloyd. "Her son, Chase is waiting for her and that he loves her very much.”

According to park rangers, who were patrolling the Jumbo Rock’s campground on Tuesday, spotted a vandalized black Honda Accord parked near number 47 and 48 campsite.

But the ranger said the security footage shows the vehicle leaving the park Tuesday night.

After about four hours of searching, crews members gathered back up to share information on what they saw.

Park Ranger, Nathan Lewis confirmed with News Channel 3 that his team found footprints in the Jumbo Rock's campground on Wednesday, June 24th."

No foul play suspected after searching missing Walnut Creek woman's car - KESQ

Thanks for the post Zecats, this is more information than I had. This certainly isn't sounding good at all. Where is the father of her child in all this? What was their status; amicable or contentious?

Let me see if I have the little known accurate; please correct if wrong.

1. EL had indicated to (friend?/s) that she was "stressed out" and going camping to destress.
2. EL had never been to JTNP but indicated that was where she was going?
3. Do we know if she had any camping gear; even a sleeping bag?
4. Did EL have her 14 year old car checked before she took this long trip?
5. Did EL drop her son off with the bio father, or does he already live with the father?
6. Do we have any info as to why EL was "stressed" other than the obvious pandemic concerns?
7. Did EL withdraw a large amount of cash prior to her disappearnace?
8. Did EL have any known psychological problems?

Very strange case.
It's not completely out of the question that EL wanted to go to JTNP to "center herself". JTNP seems to have a similar allure as Sedona, AZ. A place with special "vibes".
*However*, her departure seemed rushed, and she was seemingly unprepared?

I have two working theories, and as I said upthread, this is one of the few cases where I don't have a solid speculation. I'm still baffled. Here are the two most likely scenarios I'm pondering ATM:

1. EL had a break from reality and drove to this mystical destination. EL was unprepared for the harsh climate, became disoriented or lost in JTNP (or surrounding area) and perished. Another version of this speculation would be that EL self harmed.
2. EL was summoned to this area. She was involved in some side business that went awry, and she owed someone money. EL was unable to satisfy whatever demand was placed upon her, and she was harmed.

I think speculation #1 makes the most sense. However, not knowing much about EL's lifestyle and choices, it's hard to guess. While still not impossible that she could pop up somewhere, it's highly unlikely at this point. LE communicated foul play is suspected early on, so perhaps they found evidence of blood, etc. in the car.

This is all just amateur opinion and speculation. I hope that EL's family gets some answers soon. Strange case. IWT her phone records/online presence would offer some good leads.

“When the vehicle was noticed inside of the campgrounds there was no camping equipment directly associated with or in the vicinity of it," said Nathan Lewis, Park Ranger for Joshua Tree National Park. "So we can’t confirm or deny that the individual camped or stayed in the park.”

From prior posts, Erika was not married. I have not seen any mention of a boyfriend

No foul play suspected after searching missing Walnut Creek woman's car - KESQ

Just throwing this out there, how does one drive a vehicle with busted windshield and back window in the dark ?
Was the shattered glass cleared away to allow a person to sit in driver's seat ?
Would anyone here feel compelled to report seeing a vehicle in that condition to LE ?
So much doesn't add up in Erika's disappearance. Praying for Erika and her family. MOO

Just because they didn't find blood or body parts doesn't mean there wasn't foul play. They just didn't find "signs" of it. For me, a smashed up car is enough of a foul play sign.
The other possibility, of course, is having psychological issues, but here has been zero mention of that by friends or relatives. (Right?). I'd like to see LE lean in on this one, and not be so dismissive.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just because they didn't find blood or body parts doesn't mean there wasn't foul play. They just didn't find "signs" of it. For me, a smashed up car is enough of a foul play sign.
The other possibility, of course, is having psychological issues, but here has been zero mention of that by friends or relatives. (Right?). I'd like to see LE lean in on this one, and not be so dismissive.

There actually has been some mention of her being under a lot of stress.

One troubling aspect of the case is Lloyd had deleted her Facebook page prior to her disappearance. She was active on Instagram until June 15.
According to her sister-in-law, Lloyd was “under a lot of stress and wanted to get away and unplug.”

Northern California Woman Missing In Morongo Valley | SBCSentinel

There actually has been some mention of her being under a lot of stress.

One troubling aspect of the case is Lloyd had deleted her Facebook page prior to her disappearance. She was active on Instagram until June 15.
According to her sister-in-law, Lloyd was “under a lot of stress and wanted to get away and unplug.”

Northern California Woman Missing In Morongo Valley | SBCSentinel
Thanks Bears10. I took that literally, as she needed to get off the grid, but not self harm.
I am having a hard time connecting smashing up a windshield and dashboard to a female who needs to unplug. Now I could connect that action to a women furious at a husband or boyfriend! - but not to these circumstances as I understand them.

The limited information that has been offered up - simply doesn't add up for me. Clearly, there is a lot more to this that is being held back? I find it hard to believe LE would be so dismissive if they didn't have strong reason to believe this was self imposed? Regardless, she needs to be located.

Thanks Bears10. I took that literally, as she needed to get off the grid, but not self harm.
I am having a hard time connecting smashing up a windshield and dashboard to a female who needs to unplug. Now I could connect that action to a women furious at a husband or boyfriend! - but not to these circumstances as I understand them.

The limited information that has been offered up - simply doesn't add up for me. Clearly, there is a lot more to this that is being held back? I find it hard to believe LE would be so dismissive if they didn't have strong reason to believe this was self imposed? Regardless, she needs to be located.

the fact that she deleted her Facebook right before leaving, combined with her SIL saying she was really stressed out, is concerning to me. Jmo I have to go back and re-read about the windshield and dashboard because the details are fuzzy to me right now

Since the reporting has been all over the place, I really don’t know what to make of the vandalized car.

I would like to assume that LE has looked at her cell phone and bank records by now. Wonder what those records say about her movement.

Lastly, I wonder why she is no longer in namus and hasn’t been for days. Glitch in the system maybe, idk.

Since the reporting has been all over the place, I really don’t know what to make of the vandalized car.

I would like to assume that LE has looked at her cell phone and bank records by now. Wonder what those records say about her movement.

Lastly, I wonder why she is no longer in namus and hasn’t been for days. Glitch in the system maybe, idk.
This is very, very strange. Obviously there is more info we don't know.

Once again in the kesq article posted link above, nothing about Indian Cove or even Big Sur. This is ridiculous! Someone mentioned way earlier of an old school friend of hers who recently moved to 29 palms. That caught my attention then, but hasn’t been mentioned anywhere since. What the heck! Still no SAR that I am aware of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179
Back