GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That 24-hour thing has not been true for years, in many states. People need to get that out of their heads somehow and call if they are concerned about someone being missing in a serious way. It is kind of like the old belief that when FBI is involved, must mean state lines have been crossed. Just not true.

Maybe Websleuths could put together a PSA about no waiting times. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Wasn't it Erin's brothers wife? I think the name might have started with a "K"?

It was her sister-in-law. I'm unsure whether it was Erin's husband's sister or the spouse of one of Erin's siblings, but if it was the former, that was NOT what she was trying to say. I'm not trying to be pedantic, sister vs sister-in-law is really important in this particular instance.

Thanks. I guess those tv PSAs were correct. Reading IS fundamental.

Also, someone on the Facebook page keeps saying you can't report someone missing for 24 hours in California, that isn't true. That doesn't mean Erin's husband wasn't mistaken about this, because many people think there is a waiting period.

Yes, on that note reading is fundamental, and I caught you again! PENGUINS!! Remember last year? I tend to read everything, even your edit to your last post. I was wondering when I saw you post on the thread, if I was going to catch some of your famous words! :)

" "It's been very special to us to see how people have been taking time out of their lives," said Heavilin, the wife of Corwin's oldest brother."
" Heavilin told WBIR-TV in Tennessee last week the family hopes Corwin simply lost her way in the park. "She's just really timid and she has a terrible sense of direction,” Heavilin said. "
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80732732/

Well certainly she didn't lose her way and the car found it's own way home! This case is curious. It seems that every article, quote, post on social media, etc, points in a different direction. We have so few facts, so many unconfirmed reports, and so little commentary from LE. I can't make heads or tails of the case, and I get the impression the family can't either.

I've been following this thread and I find it hard to believe this beautiful young woman went to JT to find trails.

Bad sense of direction is not a joke out in these elements. And she was supposedly alone. Now that her car has been found and homicide detectives are on the case, she may have gone to JT but not of her own free will. Jmo
Good link about JT hiking trails, campgrounds, activities. Jmo

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=UDcrvhwvlyCkyzebwWAf2g&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw

ciao

Is there any possibility she took off on her own accord? Hormones gone awry, and needed time to think or decompress?

Is there any possibility she took off on her own accord? Hormones gone awry, and needed time to think or decompress?

She was/is so close to her mom. Her mom was coming to visit. Erin was planning all the things they would do together, Sea World, etc. My thoughts...No.

More from this article:
Heavilin told WBIR-TV in Tennessee last week the family hopes Corwin simply lost her way in the park. "She's just really timid and she has a terrible sense of direction,” Heavilin said. “We were all scared for her to travel home on her own because she had to go through airports by herself and it can be kind of overwhelming if you don't have a good sense of direction.”

So, now we learn that Erin allegedly didn't have a good sense of direction

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

But her car was found near the base entrance, so that statement by family doesn't make sense? She couldn't be lost in the park if her car wasn't found there. Maybe this was prior to her car being found?

Do we know which Horse Rescue she was donating time to?

Also in the video, Erin's mom states that she last spoke to Erin by phone on the Friday before she disappeared. So far, this is the last contact we have, other than her husband.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/06/us/ca.../index.html?sr=tw070614missingwife3pstorylink

I'm very confused here. In this CNN video, at 1:47 it says that Erin's Mom learned, on the day her daughter went missing, that Erin was pregnant. HUH? Why would a married daughter who's 7 months pregnant, who reportedly has a very close relationship with her Mom.......a Mom who's coming to visit soon........keep from her that she's pregnant?

That is super, super odd. ?

I'm very confused here. In this CNN video, at 1:47 it says that Erin's Mom learned, on the day her daughter went missing, that Erin was pregnant. HUH? Why would a married daughter who's 7 months pregnant, who reportedly has a very close relationship with her Mom.......a Mom who's coming to visit soon........keep from her that she's pregnant?

That is super, super odd. ?

she miscarried the 1st and its been advised she was three months pregnant currently

I think her family saying she could be lost is their way of clinging to some hope, as it does not make sense, though neither does the idea that she would be out there in the park, lost, for over a week without food, water, etc...and be okay. I really do fear the worst. If she had reason to go,off for a while, she would have called her family and gone to them, Imo. Obviously she is very close to her parents, this case just gives me a terrible feeling.

"thought she might"?? :notgood:

She is my daughter's age. Well close, my DD is 22. She lives with her boyfriend. And if my DD is planning to sleep somewhere else, you can be darn sure that her bf knows exactly where, and who else is going to be there. He would never just shrug his shoulders if she didn't come home, and think she 'might' have slept somewhere else. Especially if they had not spoken all day. HINKY HINKY and very suspicious, imo.

She is my daughter's age. Well close, my DD is 22. She lives with her boyfriend. And if my DD is planning to sleep somewhere else, you can be darn sure that her bf knows exactly where, and who else is going to be there. He would never just shrug his shoulders if she didn't come home, and think she 'might' have slept somewhere else. Especially if they had not spoken all day. HINKY HINKY and very suspicious, imo.

And pregnant and married to boot!

She was age 10 or 11 when she met him. She was 17 or 18 when she married him Then he was Stationed in Japan for two years. She lived with him for the first time starting in the Fall of 2013 on Base at 29 Psalms in the middle of nowhere. She got pregnant, announced on FB Jan 2014, miscarried, got pregnant again almost immediately.

July 15 would have been her 20th Birthday.

LE / Husband / Family talks or doesn't.

Remember Elizabeth Smart whose Family advocated for her like crazy in Utah. She was found alive and has recovered from her ordeal. So, let us not give up hope that Erin may still be found alive.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

Ut Oh, I think it was a Freudian slip - PSALMS vs. Palms. I guess you all know what I'm thinking.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

Why is LE/family so focused on Joshua tree when her car wasn't found there? They must have some concrete proof that she was there at some point. Or that the car was...

Why is LE/family so focused on Joshua tree when her car wasn't found there? They must have some concrete proof that she was there at some point. Or that the car was...

Because they must have evidence that EC's car entered the Park. They know where it entered and where it left. Otherwise, they're looking for a needle in a million haystacks.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

I think her phone must have pinged inside the park, and not again since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikchan