GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Army and Air Force did for that reason. The Marine Corps has a current order and they still issue. You can't just drive on you are still required to take your drivers license in to the pass house. You must have current insurance and ownership documents, you also have to have a sponsor to get on base. At that point the pass house runs your id for a background check to make sure there's nothing negative on you. Then you get your pass. So no one is just driving on without a purpose and must be vetted. The policy at 29 Palms is a bit different then other MC bases.

This is exactly how it is at the several Navy bases I've been to where my son has been stationed.

Another note about not telling her family she is pregnant yet:

Her name is Erin (Heavilin) Corwin. All three of these names hint at Irish roots. (yes, this isn't definitive, but the clues are there)

People of Irish descent (of which I am one) can sometimes be extremely cautious/superstitious about pregnancies. Baby showers are not common in Ireland and are considered by many to be bad luck. Some families do not celebrate a baby until after the baby is born because it is considered bad luck. While obviously families vary and she announced the first pregnancy before the first trimester was over, the miscarriage may have triggered some of those cultural customs and traditions in her. Many Irish-American families I know either wait until after the baby is born to have a shower (or a blessing way) or put off the shower until very late in the pregnancy. I know more than one woman who married into a non-Irish-American family who fought her in-laws on this point. Bringing a crib into the house before the baby is there to occupy it is considered bad luck by some. (And these are not new immigrant Irish families I am referring to, we are Famine/pre-Famine immigrants and I heard these all growing up.)

I think the reason she didn't tell her mom is probably a combo of having just gone through a miscarriage and wanting to tell her mom in person when she visits. JMO

I'm hoping for some news today on this case. It's been horribly hot the past week out here I don't think she's lost or stranded in JT but if she were it wouldn't be good.

Why do you all think LE is being so hush hush with details? They must have a good idea of what happened right?

I guess we don't even know if she left her purse, shoes, maybe a note pad, water, or anything in the car. We don't know if the car had gas in it or if the keys were in it? Would it even start? These are the things that drive me nuts!!

You know, now that I think about it, if her husband was the only person who knew she was pregnant, the fact that this information came out as soon as it did makes me side even more with her husband being innocent. Why would he make her seem more sympathetic if he had done something to her? Why would he make it even more scary and likely to be picked up by the media? Especially if she's 2-3 months and he could claim he didn't know yet. (Yes, I know people who have waited that long to tell their husbands, especially after miscarriages.)

Not at all saying this happened, just jumping off your post when you wrote "why would he make her seem more sympathetic if he had done something to her", in reference to her being pregnant, well, the opposite could be looked at as well, why not say that she is pregnant, that would make Him seem more sympathetic to others.....
IMOO.

I guess we don't even know if she left her purse, shoes, maybe a note pad, water, or anything in the car. We don't know if the car had gas in it or if the keys were in it? Would it even start? These are the things that drive me nuts!!

Yup, LE knows a lot more than they are divulging to the public, that's for sure.
IMOO.

Me too. It can cause speculation to run rampant, and people will eventually start filling in the gaps (rumor).

I'm starting to wonder if there was evidence of a crime in her car?

In reference to Erin's mother saying in her CNN interview that Jonathan thought Erin might be staying at "the ranch", here is a link to a local horse rescue's web site in which someone called the rescue location "the ranch". http://www.jamesrescue.com/press_120705.html

Since it has been reported that Erin did volunteer work at a horse rescue, maybe she had stayed overnight there on previous occasions in order to be up early to work with the horses.

We have a military annual pass to all US National Parks. It is just a card we carry in our wallet - if there is someone at a pay booth, we show it. Maybe Erin has a similar one.

Im wondering when she informed her husband she was pregnant?

I posted something very similar to this way early in the thread, and I've re-thought it since. If she had just found out, i'd agree that's the way to go. The word is, she's 3 months pregnant. It doesn't seem likely she had planned this visit that far in advance - she's likely known for 2 months. I can see if you find out you're pregnant and your mom is coming next week. This is a long time to sit on that secret, especially considering it appears she talked to her mom all the time and at great length.

I understand the waiting to tell acquaintances. At this point, she'd be starting to show and people around her would begin to guess. I just can't see holding out that long. I really just struggle with that although at first it seemed like what you are saying.

I do agree that women who have miscarried often delay announcing - but not to their moms. It used to be that it was more acceptable to announce at 3 months but honestly I can't believe what people do now - even photographing their urine stick and posting the ap that shows when they were ovulating on facebook.

*still ruminating*
The first time I got pregnant (after seven months of trying), I told everyone right away...and had a very early miscarriage. The next time I got pregnant, I didn't tell anyone, even my mother, until I was three months along. Everyone is different.

In my case, it wasn't just to soften the blow for my mother in case I had another miscarriage, it was to avoid a repeat of the painful aftermath of the miscarriage. My mother was supportive but still managed to say a few things that were rather hurtful...she has a talent for putting her foot in her mouth. I didn't want to go through that again, so I didn't tell her until it was 'safe' to do so. I certainly didn't need her worrying when I was worrying enough already, nor did I want her to say something that would upset me (not that she'd mean to upset me, but she has that foot in mouth thing).

Like I said, everyone is different.

Still, my mother was the first one I told when the time came, and I picked a special day (Christmas Eve) to tell her, as we live across the country and I wanted to make the news even more special. So I can totally understand waiting to tell your mom the news, and also, if it works out that your mom wants to visit about the time that the first trimester is over, waiting a bit longer so you can tell her face to face. Those details don't strike me as odd given my own experience.

I've seen others say she miscarried, and that's true. With the first pregnancy she announced it very early on facebook, and set up a gift registry. At that point she miscarried and is now pregnant again. i'm with you, I do find it very . . . odd that she didn't at least tell her mother. At this point she would have likely seen the heartbeat and have US pictures to share. Considering how close she is to her mother I just think that's one odd thing I can't understand.

maybe she was planning on surprising her mother with the good news, in person, when her mother came to visit?

Just an idea...:waitasec:

Having watched the most recent CNN interview with Erin's mom, I have to say I can't imagine she would be staying at the couple's home during this time if she had any reason to suspect the husband of foul play. Also, if LE suspected him of anything I can't imagine they would allow her to stay at the home with him, presumably just the two of them.

If I had a missing daughter and suspected her husband had done something to her, there is no way I would be able to be within 2 feet of him.

Oh id be his second set of skin!
I wouldn't be anywhere else!

That 24-hour thing has not been true for years, in many states. People need to get that out of their heads somehow and call if they are concerned about someone being missing in a serious way. It is kind of like the old belief that when FBI is involved, must mean state lines have been crossed. Just not true.

I think the very handy "24-hour rule" will be in a small percentage of heads for many years to come, lol. I'm not sure about this case; just sayin'...

She is 19 yrs old she had a miscarriage? Rumor?
She would tell mom JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member