GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidnapping for ransom is no rare in the US as to be almost extinct, Imo, unless maybe a head of Exxon of something.

I also do not believe LE would be searching the park unless they felt that Erin might be there, i.e. Not out there seeking tiny clues, fibers, etc...

I think her car held answers, either that it was driven there by someone else, signs of violence, etc and that LE has info that puts the car and/or Erin at the park at some point.

mom said on greta "if the police dont tell us something then we cant slip up and let something out into the public that shouldnt be there"

after being asked "so the police arent giving you any info?"

mom didnt sound frustrated when she said this and it gave me the impression that the police told her they know things and dont want them public for a reason (something we have all seen before)

when then asked if there was any chance her daughter just walked away mom said she didnt think so and gave some reasons why - she did not say "no, that is not what happened here". which gave me the impression that she has no idea at all what has happened and the police have given her no indication of what they suspect (if anything) at this point.

Thank you. I saw the very brief, uninformative interview with Greta something. LE is being very tight-lipped on this one. Ugh!

They must feel the public cannot be of help. At least, I hope that is why and not just hardheadedness and old-fashioned LE "secrecy". We have seen it go either way in cases like this and sometimes, by the time LE does ask for help, memories have faded and of not much use.

My head is spinning with this timeline. She started dating him the day she turned 16, then at some point married him and he deployed immediately and she at that point moved all by herself to live alone at 29 Palms where she knew no one at all, during his deployment. Then he came back this fall and that was the first time they lived together?

It does sound like she hadn't gone to the doc for this pregnancy yet if they have no way to figure out how far along she was.

The thing is, Mom is defending the husband by saying that 'he is so madly in love' with Erin. Anyone reading cases here at WS knows that spouses who kill quite often are 'madly in love' with their victims. It is that passion that sometimes fuels the violence.

I am not saying that the husband is violent or guilty in any way. Just saying that Mom hopefully has other reasons besides that in defense of him.

Greg Lee ‏@gregolee Jul 4

"We have leads that tell us Erin is out there." -Sheriff's deputy on search for #ErinCorwin. Pregnant wife of #Marine last seen Saturday.

I'm assuming "out there" is Joshua Tree NP. Sure wish we knew something about those leads.

I'm assuming "out there" is Joshua Tree NP. Sure wish we knew something about those leads.

Jmo, it must be phone pings and maybe video or witnesses that saw her drive in but not out.

Well, I guess that's that. LE is refusing to talk and the family has no idea at all what's going on. It at first appeared they were following LE request to keep quiet, but now it appears they actually don't know anything more than what they're saying.

I think this will end when, in a few years, a hiker comes across the remains on some remote trail.

Mom said pregnancy was just confirmed on father's day per JVM show.

I wonder if witnesses can be charged with obstruction of justice if they speak out. I think LE is telling people not to talk, and for some reason they are not talking.
Her mother is amazingly calm and matter of fact. I can barely tolerate JVM and her constant interrupting, plus she loves to hear herself talk.

On JVM they showed the mother in an interview saying that the pregnancy was confirmed on father's day.

My 2 cents: Erin appears to be a mentally strong young woman. She may have been timid but I doubt she is that timid now. She was gutsy enough make the move from TN to CA and set up a home at a young age. Her parents (and in-laws) seem to be good down-to-earth people. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I am very afraid that some psychopath may have taken her. Opportunity?

On JVM they showed the mother in an interview saying that the pregnancy was confirmed on father's day.

They do talk in riddles. :( Why not say "she had a doc appointment and it was confirmed" "It was confirmed through a home pregnancy test".

My head is spinning with this timeline. She started dating him the day she turned 16, then at some point married him and he deployed immediately and she at that point moved all by herself to live alone at 29 Palms where she knew no one at all, during his deployment. Then he came back this fall and that was the first time they lived together?

It does sound like she hadn't gone to the doc for this pregnancy yet if they have no way to figure out how far along she was.

Yeah, I mentioned something about the potential that she met someone else while he was away and this person either became obsessed with her and wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. Or, she gave in and they are now hitting the road together. Or, it was a secret admirer at the ranch. Or, hubby had a PTSD moment. Or, she may have lost this baby too and couldn't go on living. Or, or, or...

Sheesh. What a difficult case to analyze.

I reckon at some point journalists will ask Mom if she knows what Erin was wearing the morning she disappeared, if she had a cell phone with her, just simple questions like that......UGGGGG

Mom said she and Erin spoke about her going to Joshua Tree to scope it out.. JVM show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503