GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some amount of "keeping quiet" is happening. I've been told the town is small, and rumors are rampant. If the flow of information is not controlled, the gaps will be filled in a random manner, and the focus will be taken off of the missing person. A lot of the current focus is on making sure the public knows an innocent guy who is not missing is innocent. I'd be more concerned with finding Erin.

I agree, the focus should be more about finding Erin than trying to convince the public that her husband is innocent. He may be or he may not be.

Something makes LE believe she is definitely in Joshua Tree or they wouldn't be searching so heavily there. If her car was found with a flat or what not I would assume that they would be looking closer to the location of the car and not all of the way in JT. Surely she wouldn't have walked to JT if she made it just outside of the gate and got a flat tire and she wouldn't have walked back to JT if she was returning to the Base and got a flat tire just shy of the entrance gate. The fact that her car was found so close to the base makes me confident that whomever was involved had ties to that base. A random stranger with no ties to the Base wouldn't harm her and then drive her car back near where she lived. If someone else put her car there I believe it was so they could get back onto the Base undetected and quickly.

In the following article it states that (BBM) "a possible sighting was reported in Joshua Tree National Park about 8 a.m. Saturday."

http://www.z1077fm.com/sheriffs-department-searches-for-missing-twentynine-palms-woman/

LE must really feel that the sighting was valid and must have other solid corroborating evidence that she did, indeed, make it to JT and did not leave. Usually, if LE didn't have very strong evidence that she never left the park they would release a description of her car and what she was wearing as well as any stops she may have made for gas, a bite to eat, etc. and ask for the public to let them know if they saw her driving that morning or saw her in the park. The fact that they have not done that, called homicide in so early to help in the search, and do not want civilian feet on the ground inside of that vast park searching makes me believe they know she is deceased and have a good idea of who is responsible. If they had a perp on tape in her car or with her I think they would have made an arrest already.

Several people have mentioned the possibility of someone who was interested in her harming her. Another possibility is that someone was interested in him and harmed her to get her out of the way. Unfortunately, in cases such as these, my suspicion usually goes immediately to the husband. I hope I am wrong.

MOO.

My 2 questions:

Why not wait until her mom was there to find places to take pics?

Why didn't the husband go with her to Joshua Park? Did he have to work that day?

It makes me think about the Whitney Heichel case where everyone thought it was the husband and it ended up being their neighbor. He had asked for a ride and unfortunately she agreed and you know the rest. I keep thinking about what her mother said about her being naive and introverted. Predators are all the same and they know who are easy targets. With the car and all the stuff on whether she got a flat or broke down it's hard to think she wouldn't call her husband to tell him fairly quickly that she's is broken down and she also had a 2013 so again hoping less problems with the car. I've also noticed that it's very bare there. People are mostly in plain sight not like here in Florida where you can hide in woods just about any place. It would be harder to grab and attack someone in the open around there. Not that it can't be done because we all know some will go to any measures to get what they want. I'm guessing they have cameras at the base at the entrance/exit. With that said, it makes me think that it happened past that point. For the car to be returned close to base means this person could foot it to his next location or he started out there in his own car. It could be someone's plan to make everyone think the person is from the base area but why if he is from the base, link himself to where he lives. I feel this was a chance of opportunity as someone has already mentioned. He already had his intentions but waiting for the right one kind of thing. He's probably been spotted several times walking/jogging around there. I have a feeling this person watched her, followed her, and then got her. This isn't his first time either. The think like someone said the car wasn't there because he took her somewhere else and then brought the car back in the area obviously to keep it from linking back to him. He could be an avid jogger who knows that area very well. He knows who's out of place and knows he has the advantage. He could have even biked there. He got her near her car. That's the only thing I can imagine. I wonder if there are any bike lock things around there to lock your bike up? A car sitting at any of the entrances to JT would be suspicious so he either parked in a busier area or biked/walked it. JMO

Does anyone with LE savvy know who would conduct a search of on base housing in a missing person case? Haven't read or heard anything indicating that a search done in couple's home but would think at the very least LE would want computers, husband's phone, etc. What I mean by who would do a search, would it be military LE or local LE?

Also, is there a link to confirm somewhere that Erin had a miscarriage after posting on FB in Jan that she was pregnant? We know that it has been reported that she was 2-3 months along for this pregnancy and family members were not yet aware of it.

Does anyone with LE savvy know who would conduct a search of on base housing in a missing person case? Haven't read or heard anything indicating that a search done in couple's home but would think at the very least LE would want computers, husband's phone, etc. What I mean by who would do a search, would it be military LE or local LE?

Also, is there a link to confirm somewhere that Erin had a miscarriage after posting on FB in Jan that she was pregnant? We know that it has been reported that she was 2-3 months along for this pregnancy and family members were not yet aware of it.

I'd think they'd check those things out just to rule out that she didn't plan to meet anyone or to rule out that she'd been talking to someone else either via phone or computer.

I can't imagine someone not checking up on her via phone or that she didn't check in with her husband or mom that day via phone. All day and night is a long time for a newly pregnant and fairly newly married young lady not to be checking in with someone. I am so much older and at least would have called my husband or sent a text as to what I was doing or what I had seen, etc.

I'd think they'd check those things out just to rule out that she didn't plan to meet anyone or to rule out that she'd been talking to someone else either via phone or computer.

I can't imagine someone not checking up on her via phone or that she didn't check in with her husband or mom that day via phone. All day and night is a long time for a newly pregnant and fairly newly married young lady not to be checking in with someone. I am so much older and at least would have called my husband or sent a text as to what I was doing or what I had seen, etc.

I think it's been reported that her phone has been turned off since Saturday morning.

Probably military police, in conjunction with local LE

Lance Cpl. Jonathan Corwin said there was nothing out of the ordinary when his 19-year-old pregnant wife left their California home for a vast national park nine days ago -- sparking an all-out search for the missing woman Tuesday using "every resource possible," authorities told FoxNews.com Tuesday.

"We're not naming any persons of interest or suspects until we're convinced a crime has been committed," Naquin said. "Right now we're treating this as a critical missing person case."

Naquin described Jonathan Corwin as cooperative but declined to comment on whether his home, car and computer had been examined by authorities.

"If my wife didn't show up for dinner, I’d report her missing sooner but I don’t know what the family dynamic is between Erin and her husband," Naquin said. "I don't know if they were used to spending a lot of time apart. And I also don’t know if there were problems between Erin and her husband."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/0...earance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/

Perhaps "Corporal Randy Naquin, public affairs officer with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department", doesn't know that Erin had told her husband she was staying the night at "the ranch"?

What does he mean "if my wife didn't show up for dinner"?

PAO much? Or, is this new information?

Perhaps "Corporal Randy Naquin, public affairs officer with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department", doesn't know that Erin had told her husband she was staying the night at "the ranch"?

I found that incredibly interesting. Why would he (Naquin) say that? Is he suggesting JC was irresponsible in not reporting his wife missing sooner? It come across that way to me. For LE to throw personal anecdotes like that into a statement is odd. Unless it was intentional? I don't know. Very bizarre

Thanks for posting that article! I needed something new to ponder.

BBM, Do we know that Erin told her husband that? I was under the impression that this was an assumption by her husband.

It also sound like she was missed as early as dinner Saturday?

Boy, isn't that refreshing that a detective or the Sherrif's office tells the press anything at all.

Oh well, it means nothing I'm sure, just musing over if it were him. :(

Lance Cpl. Jonathan Corwin said there was nothing out of the ordinary when his 19-year-old pregnant wife left their California home for a vast national park nine days ago -- sparking an all-out search for the missing woman Tuesday using "every resource possible," authorities told FoxNews.com Tuesday.

"We're not naming any persons of interest or suspects until we're convinced a crime has been committed," Naquin said. "Right now we're treating this as a critical missing person case."

Naquin described Jonathan Corwin as cooperative but declined to comment on whether his home, car and computer had been examined by authorities.

"If my wife didn't show up for dinner, I’d report her missing sooner but I don’t know what the family dynamic is between Erin and her husband," Naquin said. "I don't know if they were used to spending a lot of time apart. And I also don’t know if there were problems between Erin and her husband."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/0...earance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/

BBM Does this mean they did not find any evidence of foul play in Erin's car? Of course, they're not releasing much info, so who knows?

Thanks for posting that article! I needed something new to ponder.

BBM, Do we know that Erin told her husband that? I was under the impression that this was an assumption by her husband.

It also sound like she was missed as early as dinner Saturday?

Careless words from a Jr. Ranking PAO who is unfamiliar with the case details? His use of words is interesting to say the least, but may mean nothing ...

Right now I am leaning towards a known acquaintance, just not feeling Jon as a suspect.

Read through this whole thread, and really, there's not much new info shared by LE
to determine what happened to Erin. I found the theories posted here all worth considering. The facts sure are being kept quiet for now. Erin's so young and has such
a beautiful, sweet trusting nature about her. Worried.

I really wish LE would give a little more info. I want to know if they think the public is at risk. As in, should I (a young woman) be going alone to JTNP early in the morning? I'm leaning toward a crime of opportunity and if that's the case I feel LE should issue a warning of a potential predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668