GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean a murderer as well as a cheater but I will wait for the official conviction to edit that

That's a fair question, certainly. But, even if I assume she had nowhere else to go and is staying with his parents for their daughter's benefit, wouldn't you do everything you could to maintain a wall between you and someone you really suspected of murder? I certainly wouldn't go anywhere with him, yet it was reported that they were in the car together when he was arrested. That doesn't sound to me like she was trying to distance herself from him in any way.

The number one concern for a good mother would be the safety of her child. As you say, it doesn't seem as though Nicole is afraid of her husband. Hopefully more evidence will be revealed so we can connect the dots properly and reach a logical conclusion. To me it seems as though she was involved but I genuinely hope that I'm wrong. It's very difficult to accept that two seemingly normal individuals are capable of such a deliberate murder. And, I hope she's innocent for the sake of her daughter as well. What a sad situation all around.

Jmo none of these folks are babies. They are adults living adult-style lives, raising children, paying bills etc. and if they are babies at this age they should not be allowed in or near the military. Also, when 20-year olds commit crimes, we all pretty much agree they are adults, even much younger here in the US. Yet up to that point, (of committing serious crimes) we give this same age group the benefit of being "just kids themselves." We collectively are a strange bunch, Imo (people...not WS'ers) and of course Jmo.

I feel so bad for all involved. It must have been a huge strain on them all for these two young couples(Corwins and Lees), who worked together (JC and CL) and were neighbors and initially friends (socializing, going to the horse ranch together) to work things out when CL and Erin were having an affair under the noses of their spouses, living next door to eachother and all. I think they were probably just trying to figure their way through it, and all four of them were just taking it one day at a time when it became apparent that the affair wasn't over and Erin was pregnant. What to do? No way of knowing what JC and NL were thinking/planning to do or trying to come up with a solution-- there just isn't any evidence either of them were taking action -- it's all rumor/speculation how wronged/angry/vengeful they felt about the situation.

What we do know (from LE affidavits justifying the search warrants) is that CL and Erin met up the day she disappeared, and they obviously talked on their way to the hunting trip/'special day' to celebrate her pregnancy. It could have been as basic as "what are we going to do? how are we going to deal with this without screwing up our current marriages/lives/careers in the USMC and having everything blow up in our faces?", i.e., they were feeling eachother out and going off for the day to talk it through.

Maybe Erin was more hopeful and excited that they could figure out a way to be together somehow, and was still enamored with him and in the throes of their love affair, but still was keeping the possibility open of staying with JC and having the baby with him (she told him she was pregnant) if it was a no-go for CL because of his obligations to his wife and daughter and his just finishing up his 6 years of service with plans to return to his home in AK, etc.

So she thought they were just going to talk it through and work things out when she went off with him willingly that day, but he already had decided there was no workable solution for him and her wanting to keep the baby and pursue the possibility of them making a life together somehow was too much of a threat to all he held 'dear', and he couldn't bring himself to dump her without there being huge repercussions for him that he would not tolerate. So he strung her along and pretended to be on the same page (let's celebrate your pregnancy) to get her alone, but it was just a ruse (hence the lying in wait charge), and he planned to and did then murder her once he got her to a remote location where he was sure he could dispose of her body and it would never be found, and his infidelity and getting her pregnant would never come out and he could go on his merry way.

I truly think it was that simple, and whether NL pressured him (or worse) and/or he was worried about losing his family/child support/demotion/finances/looking like a schmuck, etc., and/or JC and/or NL were livid and collaborated somehow to end the affair or cover things up because of their huge emotional investments in trying to right their ships and restore their relationships/status/avoid additional embarrassment, those possible contributing factors were peripheral to CL's decision to take her life to make his problems go away, because he has no conscience and is a narcissistic sociopath, just like Scott Peterson. He did it, he got caught and is charged with her murder, and he alone is going to have to face justice, and all the rest is just excuses/noise/boohoo for you. I don't care if his wife 'made him do it'. He did it. End of story. JMOO

I agree with 99% of your well thought out and written post. The only part I respectfully disagree with is I don't think JC was at all involved in Erin's demise or cover up. I put that completely on the Lee's.

The number one concern for a good mother would be the safety of her child. As you say, it doesn't seem as though Nicole is afraid of her husband. Hopefully more evidence will be revealed so we can connect the dots properly and reach a logical conclusion. To me it seems as though she was involved but I genuinely hope that I'm wrong. It's very difficult to accept that two seemingly normal individuals are capable of such a deliberate murder. And, I hope she's innocent for the sake of her daughter as well. What a sad situation all around.

I agree. And me, I personally would have been out of there! But I am a strong, independent woman. I do personally know women who aren't. So maybe NL genuinely believes in his innocence. If he's such a charmer as to charm EC, maybe he swears that the affair ended back when he said it did and that he's being "set-up"? Maybe even by JC?

Maybe he has NL hoodwinked. Or maybe she does suspect but felt as long as they are together with the daughter he wouldn't hurt her in front of their child? Do we know if the daughter was in the car when he was arrested? I hope she wasn't!

Having said all that, I am just tossing out ideas. I actually believe NL might have some kind of knowledge about the crime, perhaps even involvement. I hope not. But her statements are very suspect.

If NL didn't know before she surely found out when the PS came out. His Lawyer said "they" were monitoring the case. And I bet CL was shocked when he found out EC had told her TN she was going to be with him that day.

Has it been said what NL's alibi is for that day? Total speculation, but what if CL's job was to lure Erin out there for NL? What if he is covering for her? You don't have to be strong to shoot a gun

From things I have read on FB, I don't think either CL or NL were at all likely to be named Parents of the Year. But again those are just rumors.

Speaking of evidence.A two Hr. drive,spending the whole day out in the desert (ay least that is what EC thought) I wonder what convenience store video footage they are going to show up in buying gas,food,something to drink,bathroom.

Jmo none of these folks are babies. They are adults living adult-style lives, raising children, paying bills etc. and if they are babies at this age they should not be allowed in or near the military. Also, when 20-year olds commit crimes, we all pretty much agree they are adults, even much younger here in the US. Yet up to that point, (of committing serious crimes) we give this same age group the benefit of being "just kids themselves." We collectively are a strange bunch, Imo (people...not WS'ers) and of course Jmo.
It is absolute that NL still knows.right from wrong and none of this is excusable (even a little). My point wasnt that NL needs sympathy or anything similar. But I do think she is a baby and needs to figure out her life for herself and the sake of her daughter (if she didnt have anything to do with it). Her brain isn't even fully mature (not until you are 25 does your prefrontal cortex fully develop). I do definitely view her as someone who has a lot of life left to live and hopefully enough growing up that she can make a real life for her daughter.

That is unless it comes out that her hands are dirty too (which I waiver towards) in which case she can rot in prison.

Sorry if my thoughts aren't clear. I hope I am not painting myself like a NL sympathizer.

Case 1407090020 Defendant 4218318 LEE, CHRISTOPHER BRANDON

Related Cases On Calendar

This Defendant Does Not Have Any Other Cases With Future Hearings Scheduled.

Actions On Case

Action Date Action Text Disposition Hearing Type
09/09/2014 8:30 AM DEPT. M2A ARRAIGNMENT - Minutes ACTIVE ARRAIGNMENT
07/08/2014 BAIL BOND FILED BY JHOLL
07/08/2014 NO CASE FILED - NOTICE SENT TO DISTRICT ATTORNEY
07/08/2014 DISTRICT ATTORNEY NOTIFIED.
07/08/2014 BOND T25-50472329 POSTED FOR 25000.00

Being CL planned to kill her that day, I think he must have gone to the site at least once before that Saturday if not more. She might not have been killed in the area where she was found, but might have been transported there.
Just thinking about the comment made by NL to IM that there was evidence the LE missed by not checking their garage. Was that missing evidence shell casings in CL's jeep and rabar?
If that was the evidence she was referring to, I think she was 100% involved! This CL is definitely an oddball.

Being CL planned to kill her that day, I think he must have gone to the site at least once before that Saturday if not more. She might not have been killed in the area where she was found, but might have been transported there.
Just thinking about the comment made by NL to IM that there was evidence the LE missed by not checking their garage. Was that missing evidence shell casings in CL's jeep and rabar?
If that was the evidence she was referring to, I think she was 100% involved! This CL is definitely an oddball.
I am confused because IM said in the interview on CBS9 that she overheard NL say those things. I should look at SPC and see if she said the same things to the police (that she heard NL say those things v. NL say them in a convo with IM) as those are very different.

zshemademe-smiley.gif
zhemademe-smiley.gif

I like how she says that she could see how those statements made the detectives come to conclusions but they really twisted it. I would like to know what she feels the correct context of "they will never find the body" is. Or how about "my husband cant keep his lies straight." I cant think of any rhetoric that would precede that that would change the conclusions.
BBM

Neither can I...which is why I believe she hung up on the interviewer when he asked her that question. :gaah:

She was trying REALLY hard to convince him that the police twisted everything she said yet was contradicting herself at every turn (she stated that NL never spoke to her about CL's involvement or lack of involvement in EC's disappearance yet a few minutes later is claiming the alibi comment was about the two of them speaking about how if he had been with his friends that morning as planned that none of this would be occurring.)

She was LAUGHING even at how the police twisted her words. Personally, I would have a hard time finding the humor in a young acquaintances disappearance and presumed murder after LE showed up on my property with search warrants....but that's just me. :maddening:

Case 1407090020 Defendant 4218318 LEE, CHRISTOPHER BRANDON

Related Cases On Calendar

This Defendant Does Not Have Any Other Cases With Future Hearings Scheduled.

Actions On Case

Action Date Action Text Disposition Hearing Type
09/09/2014 8:30 AM DEPT. M2A ARRAIGNMENT - Minutes ACTIVE ARRAIGNMENT
07/08/2014 BAIL BOND FILED BY JHOLL
07/08/2014 NO CASE FILED - NOTICE SENT TO DISTRICT ATTORNEY
07/08/2014 DISTRICT ATTORNEY NOTIFIED.
07/08/2014 BOND T25-50472329 POSTED FOR 25000.00

I think that's the potato gun thing.

Thanks Marg. I have a friend from OZ, but that OZ is Liberal,KS USA. You know, where Dorothy and Toto live along with the wizard.

That's strange, I thought OZ meant that "we're NOT in Kansas anymore". Lol. :silly:

Has it been said what NL's alibi is for that day? Total speculation, but what if CL's job was to lure Erin out there for NL? What if he is covering for her? You don't have to be strong to shoot a gun

The only info in MSM on NL's alibi for Saturday is the audio interview with IM (linked a few pages back and to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt, IMO) when she states that NL was home with her child.

That being said, personally, I don't think it is out of reason to believe that, if NL had nothing to do with EC's death, she would still stick by her husband's side. She is young, they have been together her entire adult life, and through her high school years, as well, they have a child together, they had plans for their future together, some rumors have circulated that she isn't very close with her family, she doesn't have a career or the ability to support herself and her daughter on her own immediately, and her husband, more than likely (if she hasn't been involved in the death or coverup) is lying to her and swearing up and down that he had nothing to do with Erin's murder. If not involved, she probably wants to believe with her entire being that her husband wasn't capable of such a thing and would probably even gloss over inconsistencies in order to hold onto everything she is surely going to lose in the coming months. It definitely wouldn't be the first time in history that a woman lived in denial of her husband's actions so as to not have to give up the life that she has grown accustomed to.

I know a lot of people think otherwise but, MOO, in the video of her at the court chewing gum I see a young woman who is in shock and scared, trying to hold it together. I didn't see indignation or a cunning manipulator. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb