GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the PC and SW came out, it said they found spent .40 caliber shell casings in the Jeep. But they didn't find a .40 caliber gun in the search. They found a .22 caliber in the closet of the house of IM during the search there. When they discovered Erin's body, they said along with it they found some .22 caliber shell casings. So where is the .40 caliber gun and why does the arrest warrant say now they were .22 caliber shell casings they found in the Jeep during the search???

these are just a few of the questions I have... That my mind just hits a brick wall when I try to find answers...

perhaps if/when we are given privy to the evidence found at/in the mine ... It will help answer these questions...

I hope... Anyway...:please:

Jmo, I can't even begin to believe any motive on the part of CL, or CL & NL, that does not involve the pregnancy, or at minimum, the affair (as in a Diane Zamora-type situation...she demanded her boyfriend kill the girl he had sex with to "prove his love, cleanse their union, etc...).

Jmo it all starts with the affair, or the renewal of the affair, if that rumor is true. The pregnancy, Imo, was the final trigger. With that news, the affair might not be as easy to write off by simply leaving CA, as CL planned.

Jmo

When the PC and SW came out, it said they found spent .40 caliber shell casings in the Jeep. But they didn't find a .40 caliber gun in the search. They found a .22 caliber in the closet of the house of IM during the search there. When they discovered Erin's body, they said along with it they found some .22 caliber shell casings. So where is the .40 caliber gun and why does the arrest warrant say now they were .22 caliber shell casings they found in the Jeep during the search???

LE never released a full list of what was found in CL's jeep. The probable cause only mentions the .40 casing and nothing about .22 but that doesn't mean they weren't recovered at the time and they just didn't mention them. This way the probable cause document points to two potential weapons - whatever would fire the .40 caliber and then the .22 Rifle that was recovered from the ranch. At the beginning of the probable cause it is stated that they believed she was killed by an unknown firearm.

Do you believe that CL hated Erin?

Interesting question. Not at first, but by the time he killed her I think he did. That is assuming he wanted the problem out of his life. If NL was involved in the murder, then I think he did not necessarily hate EC, but NL may have insisted.

Jumping off your post a little... there is a presumption in the State of California, when a married woman gets pregnant the child is considered to be the husbands child unless and until it is proven otherwise. That being said, CL really is dumber than a doorknob.

Interesting you should mention this. I watched Teen Mom 2 last night and Jenelle is also married (they are separated and waiting out the 1 year apart in order to divorce). She is dating a new guy and is pregnant by him. She wanted to start the process since she's nearing the one year mark and the lawyer told her that the baby would be considered her husband's and that she will need to get a paternity test to confirm that it is not his. i believe she lives in South Carolina.

The Big 106 radio station from Palm Desert, said this morning on air that it was looking like CL would NOT be fighting extradition.

I just wanted to jump in here to share the newest info on "term" pregnancy. (Cause it's a big part of what I do for a living ;) ). Since 2013 a term pregnancy is between 39 weeks and 40 weeks and 6 days. Just FYI

Now the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is refining the definition of a term pregnancy to make clear that even at the end of the last trimester, a little more time in the womb can be better for a baby's health and development.

"Weeks matter," said Dr. Jeffrey Ecker of Massachusetts General Hospital, who chaired the ACOG committee that came up with the more specific labels. Since babies' outcomes can differ, "let's not call it all the same."

The new definitions, released Tuesday in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology:

Early Term, between 37 weeks and 38 weeks 6 days.
Full Term, between 39 weeks and 40 weeks 6 days.
Late Term, the 41st week.
Post Term, after 42 weeks.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/full-term-pregnancy-definition-changes/

Well, if she really thought they would never find her body, then there wouldn't be a risk in pointing out the 22. It's just a gun, not a murder weapon, unless they find her body.

This is what I think as well. She was confident that they would never find the body and other evidence. No case, no body! Which innocent person talks like that?! It speaks volumes to me.

If you read her pinterest account, I think you'll change your mind. There is a lot on there about hurt and forgiving, etc--all starting around March. I do not think she was okay with the affair.

Just jumping off your post because I thought of something...

perhaps CL and NL had an "open relationship" .... Acceptance of outside dalliances...

It seems to me from the admittedly limited amount of statements we have read made by NL that she was more angry that CL got himself more involved (pregnancy of mistress) .... And was "stupid" when trying to "fix" it....And not that she was necessarily jealous....

Just some thoughts....:waitasec:

There is another video that played on a different station. In that video, it shows NL and presumably other family members sitting at the back of the court room. NL is chewing gum and almost looks bored by the proceedings, IMO.

Oh amm, you are absolutely right. I think that might have been CBS8?? Not sure.

A few things wrong with this:
First, one can presume that the brain of a murderer, and in particular one who leaves evidence strewn about like pinata candy, is not necessarily swift enough to come up with the idea of spiking a drink with birth control pills (which may not work, btw...)

Second, you have no idea if he actually did ask her to get an abortion, at which point she may have just said no.

Third, I find the statement about "manipulating her into giving up her sexual parts" offensive. You know nothing about their relationship, and the implication is that she has no brain or ability to ward off sexual advances. In addition, someone having intercourse with someone else isn't "giving up" their parts.

Yes, it is possible that he was a master manipulator. It is also possible that they both entered this relationship very willingly, for whatever reasons, and he is simply a murderer.

I just don't buy it. There are so many ways to get around this pregnancy other than murder.

First of all, there's abortifacients. Anyone who wants to avoid a pregnancy (and who isn't troubled by that pesky thing we call a conscience) knows about these. And since they are the same things that a couple striving for success in their pregnancy is taught to avoid, anyone who already has a child (namely Chris and NL) also knows about them. Papaya, Pomegranate, ground up old birth control pills, Whole Bottle of Vitamin C, Evening Primrose, Ginger Root, Parsley. Chris makes up a "special drink", for their "special day" and all his "problems go away".

Secondly, he can float the idea of her getting an abortion herself. "I'm soo happy, your having my baby.." .. Ten minutes later "I'm just so scared baby; what she might do to us if she finds out this way; She'll tell them and I go away for Adultery, I'll never see you again." .... " I can't believe I've got to say this, but I feel like this isn't the right time for us.... To have this child, right now(?), we're young, you're fertile, I'm virile, we're sexy, yeah baby, yeah. Let's have a baby,... as soon as I'm free of my old ball and chain" ... "I love you sweetee" Blah blah blah.

Or, if she doesn't go for that, he just convinces her to have the baby with Jon, get him to sign the Birth Certificate, and then "we're home free", "Jon'll pay for the baby's expenses, and we'll get family time when we're married in a year. Besides, you still care for Jon, you don't want him to wind up with nothing right??" Etc. Etc.

He could manipulate her about the pregnancy, just like he manipulated her into giving up her sexual parts for his amusement, he certainly didn't have to kill her for that reason.

I agree, the pregnancy factors in here, but something else drove him to go that extra distance... to murder her, something separate from that. And therein lies his extended culpability.

I wonder if EC was found wearing a hat with her hair in a ponytail as MB stated she was last seen wearing? Have her keys been recovered?

I'm still inclined to think MB saw NL there helping CL after he'd already been with EC. MOO

SUPERIOR COURT OF CAL
IFORNIA, COUNTY OF SAN BERNARDINO
VICTORVILLE DISTRICT

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, Plaintiff

vs. Christopher Brandon Lee
Defendant

COURT CASE NO
FELONY COMPLAINT
DA CASE NO 2014-00-0042676

The undersigned is informed and believes that:
COUNT 1
On or about June 28, 2014, in the above named judicial district, the crime of MURDER, in violation of PENAL CODE SECTION 187(a), a felony, was committed by Christopher Brandon Lee, who did unlawfully, and with malice aforethought murder Erin Corwin , a human being.

"NOTICE: The above offense is a serious felony within the meaning of Penal Code section 1192.7(c) and a violent felony within the meaning of Penal Code section 667.5(c)."

"NOTICE: Conviction of this offense will require you to provide specimens and samples pursuant to Penal Code section 296. Willful refusal to provide the specimens and samples is a crime." It is further alleged as to count(s) 1 that the murder of Erin Corwin was committed by defendant(s) Christopher Brandon Lee and that the defendant(s) intentionally killed the victim by means of lying in wait, within the meaning of Penal Code Section 190.2(a)(15).
Page 1

Complaint DA CASE NO: 2014-00-0042676

NOTICE TO DEFENDANT AND DEFENDANT’S ATTORNEY
Pursuant to Penal Code Sections 1054.5.(b), the People are hereby informally requesting that defense counsel provide discovery to the People as required by Penal Code Section 1054.3.

NOTICE TO ATTORNEY
The materials accompanying this notice may include information about witnesses. If so, these materials are disclosed to you pursuant to Penal Code section 1054.2 which provides: "No attorney may disclose or permit to be disclosed to a defendant the address or telephone number of a victim or witness whose name is disclosed to the attorney pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 1054.1 unless specifically permitted to do so by the court after a hearing and a showing of good cause."

I DECLARE UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT THE FOREGOING IS TRUE AND CORRECT AND THAT THIS COMPLAINT CONSISTS OF 1 COUNT(S).

Executed at Victorville, California, on August 19, 2014.

Sean Daugherty Sean Daugherty DECLARANT AND COMPLAINANT

Agency: Morongo Basin Sheriff Station
Prelim Est. 00:00
Defendant Christopher Brandon Lee
Birth Date 09/12/1989
Booking No.
CII No. A34472058
NCIC

Page 2

http://www.sbcountyda.org/Newsroom/...2014/DAFilesMurderChargeinErinCorwinCase.aspx

CL has waived extradition.

Now it's just a matter of SB County authorities picking him up. Also there is now NO bail

Reported on KESQ.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member