Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the potato gun thing.

OOPs ~ You're right DH. I forgot about the potato gun arrest. I actually found this on the same site, but it looks like the murder charge was on June 28th, which is the day that Erin went missing. Those June dates are confusing me off :confused:

Case FMB1400414 Defendant 4218318 LEE , CHRISTOPHER BRANDON

Filed Charges
Count Charge Severity Description Violation Date Plea Status

1 PC 187(A) F MURDER 06/28/2014 N/A ACTIVE
Other Charges

999 PC 1192.7(C) Z SERIOUS FELONY ADVISAL 06/28/2014 N/A
999 PC 296 Z REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE SPECIMENS, SAMPLES & PRINTS 06/28/2014 N/A

http://openaccess.sb-court.org/Open...code=X&defnbr=4218318&defseq=1&otnmseq=0&dsn=

OOPs ~ You're right DH. I forgot about the potato gun arrest. I actually found this on the same site, but it looks like the murder charge was on June 28th, which is the Monday that Erin's car was found. Do you all think LE actually knew it was him as early as two days after EC went missing, but were determined to find her body first :thinking: Those June dates are confusing me off :confused:

Filed Charges

Other Charges

http://openaccess.sb-court.org/Open...code=X&defnbr=4218318&defseq=1&otnmseq=0&dsn=

I do not think that LE had tunnel vision on CL so as to not look in other directions if their investigation or the evidence ended up going in another direction but, YES!, I think the evidence they found early on in those few days following her disappearance pointed to CL and, as more evidence came in, never pointed to anyone else but CL. MOO.

I also fail to see the humor in the pony video.....he's hitting the pony with a leather strap???

and people are laughing??? SMH

OOPs ~ You're right DH. I forgot about the potato gun arrest. I actually found this on the same site, but it looks like the murder charge was on June 28th, which is the Monday that Erin's car was found. Do you all think LE actually knew it was him as early as two days after EC went missing, but were determined to find her body first :thinking: Those June dates are confusing me off :confused:

Filed Charges

Other Charges

Let me take a guess: He was still in the military during that date. Might allow use of UCMJ.

I, too, thought the actions of ALL adults involved in this video taped game were questionable for a group of people supposed to have a higher level of care and respect for equine. The children could have very easily been injured and the pony was very clearly agitated. If that is a rescue animal it made my stomach turn watching the video and how CL treated it. Hope the person who ends up with that pony doesn't plan on putting children on it since it has been clearly encouraged to throw them off for the amusement of others. And I'm pretty sure it was IM I could hear encouraging him on and instructing him in the background of the video. SMH!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-snap-murder-19-year-old-family-together.html

Checked out the video..........

This doesn't seem as nefarious as it looks.
Someone is counting as the video starts, and it appears to be an unbroke mini being used to get some kids their confidence. Same kind of thing that happens in Junior rodeos and 4-H when youngsters ride sheep or calves for 8 seconds.
The kids all have helmets, the mini doesn't appear to be all "buggered out", they are instructed to hold onto the mane and have the reins to try to direct the mini.

Got to raise my hand here on this one, I, too, experienced this as a kid, and I let my son, at 6, do the same with a mini we had named "Lightning". And everyone walked away alive and unhurt. This led to my son and a neighbor boy of the same age to tie a red wagon behind Lightning months later...........:scared:.....all 3 survived and so did the wagon.

This video looks "fun", not "cruel" or "reckless". And if the mini was scared, it wouldn't stand so calmly before CL let loose of it. It wouldn't be hard to get it green broke, even "bomb proof" down the line because the kids aren't inflicting pain on it. Would I use this scenario to train ANY horse to be ridden? Nope. But the goal is to build confidence in the kids in this case. And it sure isn't that far of a fall, say, then the 6 foot drop off a standard sized horse.

Just my :twocents: being around horses almost all my life.

Oh I completely agree. There is no way she could possibly think he is innocent. Not sure if she participated, but she definitely knows and she's not sorry.

Thanks perfectingpink, much appreciated!

So....I don't see anxiety or stress like the rest of you in NL, nor do I see gum popping. I see cold, calculation, and insouciant gum chewing. Can't wait to see her on the stand with her good buddy Horse Ranch woman right behind.

As always, just one person's observation, speculation, and opinion.

Aww... poor CL is NOT PLEASED that the case has gone in this direction??? What about Erin's HUSBAND and FAMILY? I'm sure they are not PLEASED that she is no longer here anymore, and viciously murdered at the hands of this sociopath :furious: He's an Idiot!
From the article posted below:
Lee, who has been held in custody in Alaska since Sunday evening, is holding up well, according to his lawyer.

"I was only able to speak with him briefly the day before he waived extradition," Kaloyanides said. "He's not pleased that the case has gone in this direction, but seems to be doing okay."

Kaloyanides has been representing Lee since the former Marine was arrested on July 4 for possession of a destructive device, a potato launcher.

He said Friday that he and his defense team have been monitoring the police investigation of the Corwin case closely since the sheriff's department made it "very clear" that Lee was their prime suspect.

But he said they were caught off-guard by an Affidavit of Probable Cause obtained by The Desert Sun on July 21.

"We were very surprised," said Kaloyanides of the inner workings of the case laid out in the document.

The affidavit detailed an affair between Corwin and Christopher Lee, and stated that the two had planned to go hunting in or near Joshua Tree National Park on June 28, which was the day she disappeared.

"That was very illuminating," Kaloyanides said. "Some of the statements in that affidavit were not consistent with what the witnesses were saying."

^^^^^^^^^^

Here we go ~ already starting CL's defense

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/08/22/christopher-lee-erin-corwin/14467821/

Aww... poor CL is NOT PLEASED that the case has gone in this direction??? What about Erin's HUSBAND and FAMILY? I'm sure they are not PLEASED that she is no longer here anymore, and viciously murdered at the hands of this sociopath :furious: He's an Idiot!
Lee, who has been held in custody in Alaska since Sunday evening, is holding up well, according to his lawyer.

"I was only able to speak with him briefly the day before he waived extradition," Kaloyanides said. "He's not pleased that the case has gone in this direction, but seems to be doing okay."

Kaloyanides has been representing Lee since the former Marine was arrested on July 4 for possession of a destructive device, a potato launcher.

He said Friday that he and his defense team have been monitoring the police investigation of the Corwin case closely since the sheriff's department made it "very clear" that Lee was their prime suspect.

But he said they were caught off-guard by an Affidavit of Probable Cause obtained by The Desert Sun on July 21.

"We were very surprised," said Kaloyanides of the inner workings of the case laid out in the document.

The affidavit detailed an affair between Corwin and Christopher Lee, and stated that the two had planned to go hunting in or near Joshua Tree National Park on June 28, which was the day she disappeared.

"That was very illuminating," Kaloyanides said. "Some of the statements in that affidavit were not consistent with what the witnesses were saying."

^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/08/22/christopher-lee-erin-corwin/14467821/

Yeh, we know that IM backpeddled on what she told LE when they talked to her and we know she later tried to explain away the convo she and NL had, but it also made less sense. So if that's his witness, the prosecutor is in a good place. IMO

^^^^^^^^^^

......and the horse lady's comments come back to haunt her again:
But the affidavit included statements from Isabel Megli, owner of Yucca Valley's White Rock Horse Rescue, where both the Lees and the Corwins volunteered.Megli told detectives that Nichole Lee said she was concerned her husband did not have an alibi and would "not be able to keep his lies straight, that detectives did not have a case "without a body," "had missed something" and that "detectives would never find the body."
Megli later told The Desert Sun her statements had been taken out of context and "twisted" by police.
From the same link above.

Now this pisses me off even more. The ONLY pony on that rescue's website is 22yrs old!!! Of course I asked them to explain the video and they deleted my post! I've been involved with horse rescues for 15yrs, and almost as long in other animal rescue. ANYONE that can abuse an animal most certainly has the gene or whatever it is and can abuse a person!!!!

The first sign of a serial killer is cruelty to animals

I also fail to see the humor in the pony video.....he's hitting the pony with a leather strap???

and people are laughing??? SMH

I refuse to watch, otherwise I may find myself on the next flight to CA.

Thanks for a different perspective Bernina. I know absolutely nothing about horse so I didn't know what to make of the video, but it looked like the kids were being trained for the rodeo or something, it was obvious to me that the kids were learning something, especially with the counting, to teach them to stay on the pony. Since everyone was laughing, I thought it was a usual thing done with kids and ponies. What do I know? It seems fun and innocent to me. I was a little perplexed by the rage coming out against it because that's not how I initially viewed it. I can see it both ways. IMO, MOO.

It is all fun and games until someone gets hurt. I have a problem with the children being thrown and hitting the ground like they were. I know people do this as sport, however all I see is spinal cord injury. I know, I take the fun out of everything...

The first sign of a serial killer is cruelty to animals

Yep McDonald's Triad along with, I believe, wetting the bed and setting fires. (<-I didn't look it up again before this post)

Now that I look it up again, I see it's MacDonald

Also O/T I'm saddened by the news that Sir Richard Attenborough, Actor/Director has died. In America he's most notable for his roles in Jurassic Park, and The Lost World: Jurassic Park. "You're meant to come down here and defend me against these characters, and the only one on my side is the bloodsucking lawyer!!" As a director and mostly overseas, he's more notable for directing "Gandhi" (1982) starring Ben Kingsley. He's also the older brother of Director and Naturalist David Attenborough. I will miss him. :(

Thanks perfectingpink, much appreciated!

So....I don't see anxiety or stress like the rest of you in NL, nor do I see gum popping. I see cold, calculation, and insouciant gum chewing. Can't wait to see her on the stand with her good buddy Horse Ranch woman right behind.

As always, just one person's observation, speculation, and opinion.

In my opinion she looks utterly flatline and devoid of any emotion. Perhaps even bored. I am in the camp that thinks she was involved. Oh, yes.

This is supposed to be a Horse RESCUE ranch? This looks more like a horse TORTURE ranch! From what I can see, the pony has a bit in it's mouth (?) and these innocent children are truly hurting the ponys mouth by pulling on the bit WAY too hard (most likely out of fear) - then you combine that with some big man frightening the pony in to bucking....well, it's amazing some kid didn't get their neck broken. Truly.

In addition to being #2 on my POI list, I now say that Horse Ranch "RESCUE?????!!!!!" woman should be investigated for animal cruelty.
Just opinion, of course.

In my opinion she looks utterly flatline and devoid of any emotion. Perhaps even bored. I am in the camp that thinks she was involved. Oh, yes.

While this woman is #1 on my POI list, and I do believe there is involvement in the crime itself or it's concealment, I will concede that her rather inappropriate court demeanor could be a result of being somewhat tranquilized. I would think she's been given, or is taking some sort of sedative. Most likely....:moo:

Thanks for the heads up on this. A couple of us from the SBSD Cave Rescue Team will be driving out tomorrow to attend this. We normally don't get to see what happens after we do a search, rescue or recovery. So this will be a nice opportunity for us.

JN

That is awesome - and THANK YOU for what you do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop