GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know the significance of the potato gun?

Also have we heard anything from NL's or CL's family or friends?

I think LE knew very early on that CL was the killer. They used the potato gun that the 13yr. old girl told the police was in the green Honda to arrest CL. They knew he was moving back to Alaska, and they needed to make sure they could get him back to Ca., plus get his fingerprints. MOO~

I totally agree with this scenario as well and thus why I asked our rescuer member if it was possible any evidence fell further in the mine because as far as we know the .40 either isn't found or LE isn't releasing that they did find it. I think CL would have also disposed of it in a mine with the rest of the evidence.
If you were going to kill someone, you would use the .40 caliber gun (handgun?) and you would use the .22 caliber rifle to target shoot. IMO, NL gave up the .22 caliber because it did not matter. It is much safer to assume that the MISSING .40 caliber weapon is the actual murder weapon. That's why he got rid of it, right? The .22 caliber casings inside his Jeep and found at the scene may have been from target shooting. Heck, I can even see CL handing EC the rifle and letting her target shoot, as he pulls out the .40 caliber and does the deed.

JMO.

Erin communicated with her friend everyday; she may have mentioned the Potato Gun in one of those text messages, putting it on LE's radar of weapons to search for. She may have even mentioned it in one of her last text messages to her friend back home about the planned activities on the day she disappeared.

When I *enter* WS... I used the same link...which goes automatcially to my subscribed theads or threads that I have posted on. Dont' know if others do such e.g. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/subscription.php http://www.websleuths.com/forums/subscription.php Is that how most folks keep up with so many cases/forums?

Then I scroll down and open the last pages on each one that I want to see updates (hehehe that usually means about 8 open tabs which quickly turns into 15 and by the time I'm done I'm closing 25 at the end of a session iykwim. :gaah: ) Most threads are multiple pages, and I too have maximum amount of posts per page. Guess I'll just have to live with some threads have that *view last post read* and some don't at the top.

I use the last page of whichever forum I'm in, and put it in my favorites. That's how I enter WS. I really only follow this one, Jodi Arias (of course) :crazy: and martin Macneill at the moment. So I have 3 separate "favorites" to enter.

I think they did. The mine is not technically in JTNP from my understanding. Someone correct me if I am wrong but they talked about something to get the two hours away text, which also says premeditated and CL had already been there and scoped it out ahead of time.
You would think EC and CL would have talked about what they were going to tell their spouses as far as where they were going that day and they would not tell them they are going to the same place.Yet EC tells her husband she is going to JTNP and when CL is originally questioned by LE he tells them he was at JTNP.Something is not right with that.

I use the last page of whichever forum I'm in, and put it in my favorites. That's how I enter WS. I really only follow this one, Jodi Arias (of course) :crazy: and martin Macneill at the moment. So I have 3 separate "favorites" to enter.

I hit "Chrome" and up pops tabs for "Craiglist/farm and garden", the EC thread, the CMJA "Sidebar" thread, EC Search Affidavit, and "Dropbox" (a pic app my lil' bro and I share pics with). When I hit "Rockmelt", my tabs are already open for Twitter, usually Trial Diaries/Jen and sometimes a live feed if a trail is going on.
I'm a dual browser with split screen kinda person!:scared:

I think we are wrapped up in the .22 because spent casings were found both at the crime scene and in CL's Jeep...

The .40 firearm could be in the sealed warrants........

That's a pretty cold blooded scenario, but it makes sense. I think we all got wrapped up in the .22 and it's components because it was all through the Probable Cause and Warrants.

The autopsy should shed some light on the firearm.......hopefully. Begs the question "was she just pushed down the mine?" That would be even more horrific.

I hit "Chrome" and up pops tabs for "Craiglist/farm and garden", the EC thread, the CMJA "Sidebar" thread, EC Search Affidavit, and "Dropbox" (a pic app my lil' bro and I share pics with). When I hit "Rockmelt", my tabs are already open for Twitter, usually Trial Diaries/Jen and sometimes a live feed if a trail is going on.
I'm a dual browser with split screen kinda person!:scared:

BBM - Hey, you never know when you might need another horse.:blushing:

BBM - Hey, you never know when you might need another horse.:blushing:

Looking for some minis to do some "weed" control, LOL!:happydance: It's that or renting a brush hog for both 5+ acre properties we have.

Was just coming inside from checking the hot wire and the wuffs found a Green Mojave next to the steps, a VERY pregnant Green Mojave. Won't post pics cause snakes scare some of the peeps here :scared:, it's currently in the freezer so I can skin it with all the rest when winter comes. Everything kind of comes to a screeching halt outside when it's 35 degrees and the wind's gusting a nice 55 mph!

Looking for some minis to do some "weed" control, LOL!:happydance: It's that or renting a brush hog for both 5+ acre properties we have.

Was just coming inside from checking the hot wire and the wuffs found a Green Mojave next to the steps, a VERY pregnant Green Mojave. Won't post pics cause snakes scare some of the peeps here :scared:, it's currently in the freezer so I can skin it with all the rest when winter comes. Everything kind of comes to a screeching halt outside when it's 35 degrees and the wind's gusting a nice 55 mph!

And what will you do with the skinned Green Mojave this winter? she asked innocently.

I think LE knew very early on that CL was the killer. They used the potato gun that the 13yr. old girl told the police was in the green Honda to arrest CL. They knew he was moving back to Alaska, and they needed to make sure they could get him back to Ca., plus get his fingerprints. MOO~

You just reminded me, did we ever find out who the 13 year old is? NOT asking for names or sleuthing, just wondering if she was a neighbors kid or something? Is she connected to IMs family somehow?

You just reminded me, did we ever find out who the 13 year old is? NOT asking for names or sleuthing, just wondering if she was a neighbors kid or something? Is she connected to IMs family somehow?

In the probable cause warrant filed, # 119 (below) it just says she was helping them move. IIRC it's on the last page, in the last paragraph. She is the one that told LE about the "tater gun."

It looks like they are only releasing the contents of what they actually took from the horse ranch only. We know for sure that a search warrant was filed on July 1st, for the first 4 items below. They must be partially sealed because there is not an itemized list of what was taken.

1. July 1- The Lee's apt. 6650 Jasamine St Apt D # 114
2. July 1- The Corwin's apt. 6650 Jasamine St Apt F # 115
3. July 1- Erin's blue Toyota # 116
4. July 1- CL's Jeep Cherokee # 117
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#118 is sealed

5. July 4- 788 Geronimo Trail, Yucca Valley # 119 ( Horse ranch where the
Lee's were staying) Itemized list of what was taken

July 4- 733 Geronimo Trail ----nothing taken
IM's main home (I assume)

There are six more search warrants that are sealed #'s 118, 120 121, 122, 123 and 124. I would love to see them!!!!!! I hope they are released soon.

114- http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/apt_f.pdf
115. http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/apt_d.pdf
116 http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/toyota.pdf
117. http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/jeep.pdf

119 http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ant_corwin.pdf

I have a couple of thoughts on the potato gun.

1. If he had mentioned it to EC, is it possible he could have used this to entice her to go shooting with him? I can see a conversation where he mentioned he had one or was making one. EC says, "Really? I have never seen one of those." So CL sets up the date to go "shooting".

2. Maybe this was a part of the homicide, maybe used to commit the crime of murder.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about it being used to lure her, but I can see that. I haven't seen one in years, but potato guns are quite fun. I definitely hadn't thought about it being used to do the crime, and IMO it's doubtful if he had guns and ammo on hand, but it's not impossible. They can do quite a bit of damage.

I brought one of IM's interview's over in case some you haven't heard it. Watch the first video, then scroll down to until you get to

Isabelle Megli, Horse Ranch Owner - Extended Interview Clips:
(Interview ends with telephone disconnect)

it's rather lengthy, but notice when she conveniently gets disconnected/HANGS UP :smile:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/p...ner-speaks-out

I've been wondering the same because if it was a relative to IM, that shows how close she actually was to the Lees....a lot closer than I knew.

I believe she is a teen who spends time at the ranch, whether it be volunteering, after school activities, etc. I was not under the impression that she was related at all. From the pictures from the WRHR camping trip to Lake Perris (in early July) it looked like a few teens spent time at the ranch.
I've been wondering the same because if it was a relative to IM, that shows how close she actually was to the Lees....a lot closer than I knew.

Listening to this audio again after the recovery of Erin makes me want to vomit. Why did IM do this? Why did her story change?
:(

I brought one of IM's interview's over in case some you haven't heard it. Watch the first video, then scroll down to until you get to

it's rather lengthy, but notice when she conveniently gets disconnected/HANGS UP :smile:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/p...ner-speaks-out

I am trying to put together a timeline, here is what I have so far.

Feb 2013-NL and CL began volunteering at the Horse ranch Feb 2013 per IM

Sept 2013-Erin arrived in CA Sept 2013 per verified insider, stayed with friends for 2 weeks waiting for her furniture to arrive

Oct 2013-Erin began volunteering at the Horse ranch Oct 2013 per IM

Oct 2013-Jon returned from deployment Oct 2013

Nov 2013-

Dec 2013-Erin put a lovely picture of she and Jon on FB, don't know when it was taken.

Jan 2014-Erin began working at Tractor Supply-store was not open yet, most likely helping to set store (stock shelves)

Jan 2014-Erin announced on FB she was pregnant

Feb 2014- EC miscarried
"The 19-year-old was nearly three weeks pregnant and 'super-excited' to be having a baby after a miscarriage in February."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3CxTdvHvG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Feb 2014-Tractor Supply opened

March 2014-Erin quit working at Tractor Supply

March 2014- reported affair began between EC and CL From same Article:
"But the investigation found that Lee and Erin did have an 'intimate relationship' dating back to at least February, Sheriff's Sgt. Trevis Newport said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3CxUaZhlB

"In March, Jonathan discovered Chris and Erin had a brief affair."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...sure/14606791/

April 2014-

May 2014- EC's SIL said in interview the "they" had seen both JC and EC and they seemed fine-not sure if it was in May or early June, who "they" is, and where "they" saw them.

June 2014-EC went to Dr/Hospital for migraine and found out she was pregnant on June 15th

June 2014- Friday June 27th was there a neighborhood get together? who attended?

June 2014- Sat June 28th Erin went missing

June 2014- Sun June 29th JC reports EC missing

June 2014- Monday June 30th EC's car was found

July 2014- Tues July 1st (after midnight June 30th) LE spoke to the Lee's, got a search warrant, spoke to neighbors and learned about the affair

July 2014- July 3rd a search warrant was executed for the Ranch, CL was arrested for having a potato gun, was put in jail for 2 days. Shortly after CL and NL returned to Alaska

I will bold any editing/corrections/additions to this timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members