GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what new evidence there is. I wonder if the wife is implicated. Hmmm no idea. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what new evidence there is. I wonder if the wife is implicated. Hmmm no idea. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM. Her or the horse lady, either would be sweet!

I am guessing from the reactions that this isn't the norm, however, this is my first case I have followed from beginning to end to get to the trial. Can anyone explain in layman's terms what happened today and why if it is known please? I'm lost. I thought jury was selected, seated, and then trial all continuously without a bunch of gaps in between. I even changed my profile pic on the hash to the purple ribbon for Justice For Erin during the trial.

I don't think anyone really addressed your question. You probably saw the reasoning for the continuance (new evidence from the DA). Delays/continuances are normal, sometimes dragging for years, especially in high profile cases such as this one, but NOT usually during jury selection. I think we were all disappointed yesterday because (a) we didn't know why the trial was being continued and (b) we thought since a jury was being selected that we were past the stage of further delays. If the DA has more evidence, the wait is worth it. I just feel horrible for Erin's family, as they need this chapter to be over!

I don't think anyone really addressed your question. You probably saw the reasoning for the continuance (new evidence from the DA). Delays/continuances are normal, sometimes dragging for years, especially in high profile cases such as this one, but NOT usually during jury selection. I think we were all disappointed yesterday because (a) we didn't know why the trial was being continued and (b) we thought since a jury was being selected that we were past the stage of further delays. If the DA has more evidence, the wait is worth it. I just feel horrible for Erin's family, as they need this chapter to be over!

See the D.A. must turn over all new evidence for discovery so the defense can review it. They are not allowed to ambush them with a "Perry Mason" moment, unless it is something the defense introduces first, like with Jodi Arias and the gas cans and tire slashing.

Thank you very much! I did read the new evidence surfacing. I guess new evidence is a good thing. I can think of a few things I was hoping would surface but given the last minute of the new evidence maybe that means someone decided to testify against Lee and on behalf of Erin/DA? Maybe? We can at least hope right! I knew everytime it came up previously there was delays possible and truth was great with keeping us updated but once the jury selection started I assumed it was all she wrote on track to beginning. I have a lot to learn I suppose.

Just is heartbreaking to me as well because they are reliving this nightmare all the time and obviously out a ton of expenses due to the distance between home state and trial. I am sure they are ready to unpack their bags and be home for a while. It seems that the military needs an exclusion to offer the ability of a victim or victim's family to prosecute a case in their home state of record versus location state in situations similar to this.

Thank you very much! I did read the new evidence surfacing. I guess new evidence is a good thing. I can think of a few things I was hoping would surface but given the last minute of the new evidence maybe that means someone decided to testify against Lee and on behalf of Erin/DA? Maybe? We can at least hope right! I knew everytime it came up previously there was delays possible and truth was great with keeping us updated but once the jury selection started I assumed it was all she wrote on track to beginning. I have a lot to learn I suppose.

Just is heartbreaking to me as well because they are reliving this nightmare all the time and obviously out a ton of expenses due to the distance between home state and trial. I am sure they are ready to unpack their bags and be home for a while. It seems that the military needs an exclusion to offer the ability of a victim or victim's family to prosecute a case in their home state of record versus location state in situations similar to this.

BBM. No, the crime needs to be prosecuted in the state where it occurred, but it would be nice if the military offered up housing to Erin's family for the duration of the trial.

Oh for heaven's sake. Maddening. Hurry up to wait again.

Truth, are you guys holding up okay?

Thank you for asking. We are doing okay. We were on a wild emotional roller-coaster ride for a few days. We know that God's timing is perfect. He is in control. It is hard to not get frustrated. I just keep telling myself and others every time there is a hic-up that we want to cross every t and dot every i, so that in the future it will be obvious everything was done according to the book.

Thinking of you tonight, Truth. Saying prayers. And you are ever so right. God's timing is perfect.

This is so disappointing. But then again, I really never thought this would actually go to trial. Still praying for justice for Erin.

This is so disappointing. But then again, I really never thought this would actually go to trial. Still praying for justice for Erin.

Wait, I feel like I missed something. Now it's not going to trial at all?

Wait, I feel like I missed something. Now it's not going to trial at all?

It is. I meant that, just based on the evidence we KNOW about, the smart thing would have been for him to plead guilty and go away. But, as is so often the case, he must really believe he's smarter than everyone else and will get away with taking Erin's life.

It is. I meant that, just based on the evidence we KNOW about, the smart thing would have been for him to plead guilty and go away. But, as is so often the case, he must really believe he's smarter than everyone else and will get away with taking Erin's life.

Oh! Got it, thank you. I completely agree with you, all the way around.

I think (and hope!) the blunt force trauma happened first, so she was unconscious (knocked out) when the strangulation then occurred and before she passed. I would hold out for this one little shred of hope in the sequence of things, that she was not ever aware she was in danger or that CL was "alleged to have" / going to kill her. Please!

To Erin's family and friends, we're here waiting for the wheels of justice to start moving, and are constantly holding Erin and all of you in our thoughts, and really looking forward to a speedy trial and conviction of her alleged murderer.

The judge was sick today. The hearing has moved to next Thursday the 26th of May

There is another hearing Friday June 3rd. Hopefully we will find out when the trial will be then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13