GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Nelson ‏@SBcountyNow [video=twitter;786310565702479873]https://twitter.com/SBcountyNow/status/786310565702479873[/video] Malakie said Lee told her if he ever wanted to get rid of a body, he'd bury it deep in woods somewhere, under a coyote carcass.

I didn't mean to start an argument with my question. Unlike many other websleuth threads, we seem to have family/friends of Erin on here. I reiterate that we support you!! However, this is a site where we discuss evidence, debate if the right person is on trial, think hard and try to piece together what happened all in the name of justice, and in this case justice for Erin. So we have to be respectful if someone is pondering all this because that is what this website is about. We can respectfully disagree and maturely explain why. Different points of view and asking tough questions may just help with opening up a case. We also need to be respectful in the way we approach asking these questions keeping in mind that those affected by this awful crime can and do read here.

Joe Nelson ‏@SBcountyNow [video=twitter;786314779627442176]https://twitter.com/SBcountyNow/status/786314779627442176[/video] "No one else I know talked about snapping necks and hiding bodies with coyotes. It wasn't normal," Malakie said. #ErinCorwin

When #ErinCorwin went missing, Malakie said she called Lee's wife, Nicole, asking if she knew where she was.

Nicole Lee replied, "I don't care what happened to that little *****," Malakie said. #ErinCorwin

"I told her to pull her stupid head out of her *advertiser censored* and tell me where she was," Malakie said, choking back tears. #ErinCorwin

Joe Nelson

Conor Malakie said he saw a white propane tank in back of Lee's Jeep on June 28, 2014. #ErinCorwin

Malakie asked Lee what he was going to do with propane tank, to which Lee replied: "I'm going to blow up a mine shaft with it." #ErinCorwin

Lee told Malakie he was going to shoot the propane tank to create the explosion, Malakie said. #ErinCorwin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember all the drama early on with AM. That's a small portion of the evidence being presented. The text messages between Erin and her friend speak volumes. Erin at 19 was young and gullible. Chris's DNA on the Sprite bottle and T shirt link him to her murder and body disposal.

Chris placed himself near the area Erin was found. Coyote hunting in the middle of a hot summer day, please?!!! This coming from a person claiming to be the great Alaskan Hunter? A friend further provided pictures of the area he and Chris visited. Based on this information, search and rescue mapped out mines in the area and searched them one by one. Such dedication on their part.

There will be a conviction in this case. LE and the DA's Office have done a good job building this case.

Not for nothing, but I did have some dealings with Aisling Malakie early on in the case. I found her to be incredibly disingenuous, manipulative, capricious, and for lack of a better word "snotty". A lot of people were giving her a hard time online at one point, and I tried to be comforting, because despite having a difficult personality, she had just lost one of her best friends. She was completely dismissive, claimed I was trying to pump her for information or something, and said she could only talk about the case with law enforcement. Which would be fair enough, except she had already told EVERYONE what had happened and how she was the one who found out about the affair and told NL about it, and that NL told JC. Everyone familiar with the case knew about that part for months before the first evidentiary hearing. I don't know what more I could have "pumped" her for after that anyway. She's definitely a piece of work. I'd take everything she says with a grain of salt. No doubt the jury isn't privy to that info though.

Well obviously the DA thinks she is credible enough or she wouldn't be on the stand. And weren't you pumping her for info? I saw your posts back then in that group and they were just as antagoinistic then as some of the things you are saying now. Sometimes seemingly just to get a rise. Things are done differently here in the US than they are in Canada.

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016_10_01_archive.html?m=1

Day Two - The Prosecution's Case Continues

The final witness of the day was Aisling's husband, Conor Malakie. Conor said he considered Christopher Lee to be a close friend. On the day Erin disappeared, Chris made a vague invitation to Conor to go coyote hunting. An hour after Chris Lee left to "go hunting" Conor attempted to get in touch with him. Chris texted Conor to meet him outside Joshua Tree National Park. Conor spent as many as three hours trying to find Chris, but to no avail. All calls and texts to Chris went unanswered. Later that afternoon, when Chris returned home, Conor noticed the propane tank that was in the back of Chris's Jeep earlier that morning was no longer there.

The propane tank speaks more to me than the DNA on the sprite bottle.

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016_10_01_archive.html?m=1

Day Two - The Prosecution's Case Continues

The final witness of the day was Aisling's husband, Conor Malakie. Conor said he considered Christopher Lee to be a close friend. On the day Erin disappeared, Chris made a vague invitation to Conor to go coyote hunting. An hour after Chris Lee left to "go hunting" Conor attempted to get in touch with him. Chris texted Conor to meet him outside Joshua Tree National Park. Conor spent as many as three hours trying to find Chris, but to no avail. All calls and texts to Chris went unanswered. Later that afternoon, when Chris returned home, Conor noticed the propane tank that was in the back of Chris's Jeep earlier that morning was no longer there.

Better than any reporter's coverage so far :)

I wish the blogger would say if his wife is in the courtroom. I'm curious if she is standing by him two years later.

Well obviously the DA thinks she is credible enough or she wouldn't be on the stand. And weren't you pumping her for info? I saw your posts back then in that group and they were just as antagoinistic then as some of the things you are saying now. Sometimes seemingly just to get a rise. Things are done differently here in the US than they are in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member