GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the creepiest hint that I might be going in the right direction with this conspiracy thing:

In the probable cause, it mentions that Nichole told Ranch Owner Isabell Megli something to the effect that Chris can't keep his lies straight because he is dumb.

Then there's this text "from Erin" to Trenthan that says: "The location is only half the surprise," Corwin texted Trentham. "He said he's honestly not sure how I'm going to react … Seriously, I don't know why he would drag me to a very special place … for a big dumb surprise."

Spouses are always the initial suspects. I am sure that LE has already thoroughly checked her husbands alibi and phone records and his whereabouts that day.

And he did not force her to move to be with him. She wanted to. They loved each other. it is not his fault he was way for so many hours. That is how the service works. All spouses go through that. It does not make him an evil person.

I believe the victim's texts to her friend. She tells us in her own words exactly where she was going that morning. She had plans to meet up with the defendant in the area where she was found dead. That is very revealing, imo.

Spouses are always the initial suspects. I am sure that LE has already thoroughly checked her husbands alibi and phone records and his whereabouts that day.

And he did not force her to move to be with him. She wanted to. They loved each other. it is not his fault he was way for so many hours. That is how the service works. All spouses go through that. It does not make him an evil person.

I believe the victim's texts to her friend. She tells us in her own words exactly where she was going that morning. She had plans to meet up with the defendant in the area where she was found dead. That is very revealing, imo.

Agree 100%

And good thing we are not mods here. Lol

Because someone would have been vacationing about now. Lol.

But since we respect their conversation. We will let things sly for now. Lol.

Firstly, the text indicate an unknown destination 2 hours away, which I assure you rose of peru mining district is not. Secondly, they are only revealing IF it actually was Erin writing those texts. And if law enforcement never made mistakes we wouldn't have a jury system, or judges, or even trials for that matter. We surely wouldn't have so many convicted people later proven innocent by DNA. Law enforcement can only go with the case they think they can make at the time. It's the JURY's job to check that the case is strong enough proof. Sadly too many jurors go in thinking their job is to rubber stamp whatever LE brings them, because they think LE must have done their job. That is NOT their purpose.

Firstly, the text indicate an unknown destination 2 hours away, which I assure you rose of peru mining district is not. Secondly, they are only revealing IF it actually was Erin writing those texts. And if law enforcement never made mistakes we wouldn't have a jury system, or judges, or even trials for that matter. We surely wouldn't have so many convicted people later proven innocent by DNA. Law enforcement can only go with the case they think they can make at the time. It's the JURY's job to check that the case is strong enough proof. Sadly too many jurors go in thinking their job is to rubber stamp whatever LE brings them, because they think LE must have done their job. That is NOT their purpose.

So are you saying that CL was at work and wasn't near the site.

Are you also saying that the military has proven CL alibi as not being nowhere near the murder site during the time of the murder.

So can you please state which senior officer or recruit is verifying CL not being involved due to work alibis.

I'll bet the searcher who has been so gracious with his posts can confirm exactly how long it takes to travel to rose of Peru mines......

Keep in mind, different opinions show insight into how a juror may look at the case. If you shoot down other perspectives you lose valuable intel on what to overcome as prosecutors.

77DH7:

1.) Just because she was told the location she was being taken was 2 hours away doesn't mean it actually was (remember, he was planning on murdering her....he wasn't being 100% truthful.) HOWEVER, the mine is 1.5-2.5 hours from the center of town, depending on how experienced someone was in driving there and how slow they drove.

2.) He used an app to text her and, more than likely, vice versa. Messages, more than likely between them, wouldn't be recoverable by LE.

3.) His Jeep tracks were found by her car.

4.) He admitted to using his propane tank to try and blow up a mine the day Erin disappeared but that "it didn't work". His propane tank was found in the VERY mine shaft WITH Erin. Coincidence? Hardly. (Surely he would have taken LE to the propane tank if he had abandoned it anywhere else but in the very same mine as Erin ended up being in.)

5.) He lied to the police, didn't have a "normal" innocent person's reaction to his pregnant lover's murder, and still shows zero emotion in court when faced with photos of his former lover's decomposing body. If he was innocent he would have a reaction close to those who loved her and are there. He is acting exactly like someone who is 100% guilty and doesn't know how to act like he is innocent.

5.) He admitted to doing searches on how to dispose of a body and told his friends he was smart enough to get away with murder...which isn't very smart and brings me to the following.....

6.) Criminals aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Chris made a lot of mistakes; it doesn't mean he wasn't involved nor does it point to someone else's involvement....it simply means he wasn't too bright.

7.) Women marry men in the military ALL.THE.TIME. And those great and decent HEROES move all over the country and world with their wives and families in tow. This isn’t abuse. They don’t FORCE their wives to do this. Hundreds of thousands of women do this willingly and happily to stay with the man they love while they serve this great Country. It is ridiculous to try and liken this scenario to one of abuse and/or control.

8.) There isn't a conspiracy theory at work here. Occam's razor...and all of the jazz.

9.) Differences of opinions are fine HOWEVER it is clearly against the rules of this forum to keep blaming innocent VICTIMS (including victim's family members) of a murder they aren't accused of, weren't arrested for, aren't on trial for, and WERE NOT involved in.

(A big thank you to everyone who has been following the trial and posting what has occurred thus far!)

Erin's family, friends and loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. May justice be swift and bring closure to those who loved her.

The trial has just started. The prosecution is not going to divulge all the evidence they have in the opening statements. They have more texts messages/evidence they are holding close the vest.

I ask Beth (blogging about the trial) this question.

@bethfordroth do you know if Nicole Lee is in or around the courtroom? Also the lady from the horse ranch?

This was her response

@Ospainter123 I have seen neither [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meemaw they could be witnesses so that's why they are not seen

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

77dh7:

1.) just because she was told the location she was being taken was 2 hours away doesn't mean it actually was (remember, he was planning on murdering her....he wasn't being 100% truthful.) however, the mine is 1.5-2.5 hours from the center of town, depending on how experienced someone was in driving there and how slow they drove.

the poster i responded to suggested that erin "knew" that the place chris was taking her to that day, and that it was the same place where she was eventually found. They found some significance in that belief. I merely reminded the poster that ostensibly erin believed it was 2 hours away. Having said that, rose of peru mine is 22 miles (give or take ) from highway 62 @ gold crown road. 62 & gcr is 18.5 miles from adobe @ indian trail which is a few blocks north of the center of town. For a total of 40.5 miles. For most of the trip, you'd be going at least 50/hour. The very latest you'd arrive there in a 4wd jeep would be an hour and 20 mins or so. It's very rough terrain, but a jeep can make it there np

2.) he used an app to text her and, more than likely, vice versa. Messages, more than likely between them, wouldn't be recoverable by le.

again, there should still be a record of phone or data usage, and they have not produced that yet.

3.) his jeep tracks were found by her car.

as i said they would be. N could have "borrowed" it from her husband.

4.) he admitted to using his propane tank to try and blow up a mine the day erin disappeared but that "it didn't work". His propane tank was found in the very mine shaft with erin. Coincidence? Hardly. (surely he would have taken le to the propane tank if he had abandoned it anywhere else but in the very same mine as erin ended up being in.)

5.) he lied to the police, didn't have a "normal" innocent person's reaction to his pregnant lover's murder, and still shows zero emotion in court when faced with photos of his former lover's decomposing body. If he was innocent he would have a reaction close to those who loved her and are there. He is acting exactly like someone who is 100% guilty and doesn't know how to act like he is innocent.

5.) he admitted to doing searches on how to dispose of a body and told his friends he was smart enough to get away with murder...which isn't very smart and brings me to the following.....

6.) criminals aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Chris made a lot of mistakes; it doesn't mean he wasn't involved nor does it point to someone else's involvement....it simply means he wasn't too bright.

these last three are examples of chris's strange behavior. They could be explained by him not yet being ready to make a decision about what he might have learned. Hypothetically, would you be so quick to turn your wife in if she had confessed to you? What if she's the only one in the relationship who's mature enough to care for your toddler daughter? He might not care about his wife enough not to cheat, but he could still care about his own flesh and blood

7.) women marry men in the military all.the.time. And those great and decent heroes move all over the country and world with their wives and families in tow. This isn’t abuse. They don’t force their wives to do this. Hundreds of thousands of women do this willingly and happily to stay with the man they love while they serve this great country. It is ridiculous to try and liken this scenario to one of abuse and/or control.

my own personal feelings about the military aside, most women who choose the military life are older and much more mature than erin was. Younger immature girls don't yet have experience enough to make those kind of life decisions. True, no one physically made her go there, but people as starry eyed in love have done a lot of things they didn't want to do to better the life of their one true love. My contention is that no one ever returned that favor to her in this case.

8.) there isn't a conspiracy theory at work here. Occam's razor...and all of the jazz.

9.) differences of opinions are fine however it is clearly against the rules of this forum to keep blaming innocent victims (including victim's family members) of a murder they aren't accused of, weren't arrested for, aren't on trial for, and were not involved in.

it is not my intention to blame the husband of the deceased for the sake of it. It is my intention to offer an alternative plausible theory of what happened. One that better fits all of the evidence produced by the crime. Including the beasley sighting, and why nichole would have had to lie to the police over something she apparently knew nothing about, they clearly have no answer for that considering they've singled out only 'one person' as the perpetrator here. You can't just pick and choose what evidence is included to prove your theory. You have to make a theory that explains all of the evidence you've gathered. They have yet to do that.

(a big thank you to everyone who has been following the trial and posting what has occurred thus far!)

erin's family, friends and loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. May justice be swift and bring closure to those who loved her.

italics and color are my responses

Beth Ford Roth Twitter

First witness today was Paul Anastasia, an engineer medic with the San Bernardino Fire Department #ErinCorwin

Anastasia was tasked with bringing Erin's body out of the mine #ErinCorwin

Before he was pulled out of the mine, Anastasia said he saw a homemade torch #ErinCorwin

In his opening statement, the prosecutor told the jury the torch was made w/ t-shirt later found to have defendant's DNA on it #ErinCorwin

Search & Rescue's Pedro Ligorria was the next witness and testified to seeing a bullet casing outside the mine where #ErinCorwin was found.

Final witness before lunch break was Det. Jonathan Woods. He was present when Erin's body was recovered #ErinCorwin

Woods was also present at Erin's autopsy. Testified that a homemade garrote was tied around Erin's neck #ErinCorwin

Me: for those keeping a list of witnesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't just pick and choose what evidence is included to prove your theory. You have to make a theory that explains all of the evidence you've gathered. They have yet to do that.

Hi 77DarkHorse7. IMO, you are doing exactly what you say above should not be done.

I understand your thought process, and you do make some valid points regarding a few things which have not been addressed at trial yet.

But you are cherry-picking some evidence, and ignoring others. Then combining what you view as valid evidence, with the "behind the scenes" knowledge you gained from social media early on in this case.

For example your reaction to AM's testimony, is colored by your personal interaction with her online two years ago (you posted about this upstream).

Neither Jon or Nichole is on trial. Clearly the evidence did not point to either of them. Not buying the theory that Nichole and Jon murdered Erin, then framed Chris. Nor that Chris is falling on his sword so Nichole can raise their daughter. Doesn't fit with the case facts we have in front of us right now.

I am sorry but those texts sound like Erin and the way she talks. I can almost picture her and hear her sweet voice every time I read them. For a moment she is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member