Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Ferreira ‏@Its_GabbyF 1m1 minute ago

All right, y'all, oops on my part. Was only supposed to cover opening statements today, so that concludes my coverage for today.

:gaah:
Oh no! What can we expect from Dateline?

I apologize I can't pull tweets or search media today, on the road, but will tomorrow. I will also make the witness list as we go best that gets publicized.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh no! What can we expect from Dateline?

I apologize I can't pull tweets or search media today, on the road, but will tomorrow. I will also make the witness list as we go best that gets publicized.

I cannot find anyone tweeting at this time. And not seeing any new media either yet with google.

Nothing from Dateline for a while (at least I assume...) We'll get a whole story from them, not nightly news...

I'm a USMC parent. I wonder if they have fellow marine supporters there? Wish I could be.

Do you all remember Isabel Megli ? The owner of that white rock horse rescue? I'd love to know who all is in that courtroom today. I am VERY nosey :giggle:

Sure do remember the very chatty Isabel. I'd like to know as well ... hopefully we get some pics or video's this evening.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...ins-man-accused-killing-erin-corwin/91910286/

doesn't sound like nicole is a person of interest anymore

"All the evidence in this case points to one person," Deputy District Attorney Sean Daugherty said during the prosecution's opening statement.

and again at the end of his statement:

"He was going to leave, move past all that," Daugherty said. "All the evidence points to one person who planned, prepared, and executed this."

Thinking of you and Jon tonight Lore.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...ins-man-accused-killing-erin-corwin/91910286/

doesn't sound like nicole is a person of interest anymore

"All the evidence in this case points to one person," Deputy District Attorney Sean Daugherty said during the prosecution's opening statement.

and again at the end of his statement:

"He was going to leave, move past all that," Daugherty said. "All the evidence points to one person who planned, prepared, and executed this."

The whole "no body, no case" comment that Nichole had apparently stated (at the horse ranch), will always make me wonder :thinking:

Thank to those posting the tweets today - I really appreciate that trying to follow along at work!

This blog is following the trial.

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016_10_01_archive.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: from link
In my opinion, the most damning evidence Daugherty told the jury to expect was DNA evidence tying defendant Christopher Brandon Lee to the mine shaft where Erin's body was discovered on Aug. 16, 2014, roughly seven weeks after she went missing on June 28, 2014.

That DNA evidence includes:
An olive green t-shirt used to make a torch that was found in the mine shaft. Daugherty says Lee's DNA was found on this shirt.
DNA from both Lee and Erin Corwin was found on a Sprite bottle dumped in the mine shaft.

ETA: from link
In my opinion, the most damning evidence Daugherty told the jury to expect was DNA evidence tying defendant Christopher Brandon Lee to the mine shaft where Erin's body was discovered on Aug. 16, 2014, roughly seven weeks after she went missing on June 28, 2014.

That DNA evidence includes:
An olive green t-shirt used to make a torch that was found in the mine shaft. Daugherty says Lee's DNA was found on this shirt.
DNA from both Lee and Erin Corwin was found on a Sprite bottle dumped in the mine shaft.

Wow! Forensics is a beautiful thing.

Erin's mother, Lore Heavilin, was the first witness. The most moving part of her testimony was when she described her last conversation via phone with Erin. Lore was planning to visit Erin the following week, and Erin described to her mom all the home-cooked dishes she wanted Lore to make for her. Lore told Erin the ingredients she would need to buy. When Lore did come out to Erin's apartment, not for the planned visit but because she went missing, Lore noticed Erin had already purchased all those ingredients.

Erin's husband, Jon Corwin, was the second witness to testify. Daugherty asked Jon about his relationship with Erin, Erin's relationship with the defendant, and Erin's relationship with the defendant's young daughter. The defense attorney cross-examined Jon, asking him about Erin's relationship with her younger sister, Trish, who passed away when she was a child. The defense attorney seemed to want to make some connection between Erin's feelings for her sister, and her feelings for the defendant's young daughter. Not sure what he's getting at there.

The last witness of the day was Erin's best friend Jessica Trentham, who relayed text messages from Erin that placed Erin with the defendant the day she went missing. Jessica spoke in a soft voice full of emotion, evident to this courtroom observer how much she loved, and still misses, her dear friend Erin.

Erin's mother, Lore Heavilin, was the first witness. The most moving part of her testimony was when she described her last conversation via phone with Erin. Lore was planning to visit Erin the following week, and Erin described to her mom all the home-cooked dishes she wanted Lore to make for her. Lore told Erin the ingredients she would need to buy. When Lore did come out to Erin's apartment, not for the planned visit but because she went missing, Lore noticed Erin had already purchased all those ingredients.

Erin's husband, Jon Corwin, was the second witness to testify. Daugherty asked Jon about his relationship with Erin, Erin's relationship with the defendant, and Erin's relationship with the defendant's young daughter. The defense attorney cross-examined Jon, asking him about Erin's relationship with her younger sister, Trish, who passed away when she was a child. The defense attorney seemed to want to make some connection between Erin's feelings for her sister, and her feelings for the defendant's young daughter. Not sure what he's getting at there.

The last witness of the day was Erin's best friend Jessica Trentham, who relayed text messages from Erin that placed Erin with the defendant the day she went missing. Jessica spoke in a soft voice full of emotion, evident to this courtroom observer how much she loved, and still misses, her dear friend Erin.

BBM

What in the world is this defense attorney trying to say with this?

We are a victim friendly site and he is as much a victim as Erin herself. Go ahead and keep throwing out your heartless talk. You won't find sympathy here. LE said he was not a POI and never has been. Evidence never pointed in his direction whatsoever.

I wonder how you would feel if you found out your spouse was having an affair? Murdered? Carrying someone's child? Missing? I'd say he handled things very well from what public knows because lord help me I would not be patient enough to wait on justice if I were in their shoes!

EXCUSE ME?!

I was simply responding to another contributor's sincere question in the thread. And I never mentioned the individual by name. In fact, if you are personally so insistent that only POI's noted by LE ever get mentioned as suspect, why on earth did you thank the poster of this question?:

Who are the other two with more of a motive?

Do you have a different theory 77dark?

Speaking of evidence, I just want to get your personal views on what counts as evidence: What about not having an alibi? What about having secret meetings with another person with their own motive? What about having access to the victim's phone? Having access to a vehicle that has been linked to a crime? Owning a vehicle linked to a murder? Finding a calendar that indicates someone may be pregnant with someone else's child? What about NOT making a public appeal to find your missing relative, until they're found over a month later? Does that count as evidence?

By your logic, Chris is as much a victim as anyone else, maybe even more so. It was after all his child that died with her.

It seems to me, all the evidence links back to a dirty disgusting trash filled vehicle owned by a manchild. Erin was with him in that car on more than one occasion, of course her DNA could be on a sprite bottle they shared during all those months. Of course his DNA would be on a shirt he wore and discarded in the back seat for anyone to pick up.

The question is, who had the motive, means, and opportunity to use that vehicle, and either Chris' phone, or Erin's phone to commit this heinous act?

I find it more telling that they haven't mentioned finding any of his DNA on the garrote, that the killer must have put together, and used with much force and friction. Nor finding it on her clothing Nor finding any of her blood on his clothing. Nor finding any of his sweat on her body or anywhere near the location she was found. Nor finding any of his bootprints at the site.

Good Morning Everyone. I'll be in and out today, hopefully someone is going to be able to follow and post tweets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl