GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem is this case is now in the Trial stage.
The time for discussions and theory's have been open for the past 2 years. Now is not the time to be deciding if the "wrong person" is on trial.???? I'm sorry but I can't even believe you said that :confused:
Surely you can't believe that there was not a very detailed and thorough investigation by LE. They never ever give all the evidence they have in opening statements. I know you have a very kind heart, I've seen it on numerous cases. That last sentence in your post truly surprised me.

Back to the trial for me. I will scroll and roll and.... :silenced:

Thanks for the good advice. Been sitting on my fingers and they are starting to hurt.

Scroll and roll!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks dmack for the kind words. I still have unanswered questions about this case so although I don't always agree I stay open to the questioning. No disrespect intended in my post above.

Also just a side note, I'm not saying I don't think the right person is on trial, I do. I'm just saying it's a crime sleuthing website and I'm more so sticking up for that aspect. I don't think I'm wording what I'm intending to convey all that great. I still think wifey could be skirting under the radar as many of us have speculated.

This article was posted yesterday not sure if it was posted here.

http://m.hidesertstar.com/mobile/news/article_61b67966-949a-11e6-a73b-93fbc0d8d768.html

I think this part is very damning for CL.

He said they would hang out once or twice a month, and he still considers both Chris Lee and his wife, Nichole, “good friends.” The weekend before Corwin went missing, the two men explored the area where her body was eventually found.
Investigators found pictures on Hollifield’s phone from the weekend trip. The photos showed desert landscapes and mine shafts close to where Corwin’s body was left, as determined by cave expert Doug Billings.
Hollifield said he and Lee went four-wheeling in the defendant’s Jeep in that area on June 22, 2014.
Deputies also found a text Hollifield sent Christopher Lee asking, “How were the mines?” on the day that Corwin went missing.

me: hard to try and explain that away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm reckon even CL thought it was 2 hrs away, as Erin texted this to Jessica

#ErinCorwin, in texts: “It apparently takes two hours just to get there. A long slow drive. Good talking time, though.”

Posted by Brett Kelman on twitter investigating reporter for Desert Sun. This was posted during one of the prelim hearings April 2, 2015.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2015/04/02/chris-lee-erin-corwin-hearing/70822386/

New details about Corwin's death, including her oblivious text messages, were revealed during a lengthy court hearing on Thursday at the courthouse in Joshua Tree. The "preliminary hearing" determined that the case against Lee was strong enough to proceed towards trial.

Testimony included the first-ever information about Corwin's cause of death and the physical evidence against Lee.

Corwin's text messages were read aloud during the testimony of Jessica Trentham, a close friend who spoke with her shortly before her disappearance. When Corwin told her about the desert trip, Trentham asked Corwin if she was expecting Lee to give her an engagement ring.

"She said maybe," Trentham. "With lots of exclamation points."

Corwin's texts included one more foreboding detail. According to Trentham's testimony, Corwin said that Lee had planned the desert trip as a romantic getaway, but he also expected to do some hunting, so he would bring a gun, and he might have to pull it out "for a few minutes."

Good refresher IMO

Thanks for the good advice. Been sitting on my fingers and they are starting to hurt.

Scroll and roll!!!!

Ok, I get it now. I'll scroll and roll too ...

Per the rules of this forum one can not continue to post that the victim's family member(s) (i.e. her husband) is guilty of her murder if said family member (i.e. her husband) hasn't been named as a suspect in her murder. This has nothing to do with "pushing" or "bullying out"; it has to do with asking people who post here to follow the rules of the forum.

Not once, did I ever post that ANYONE in particular was guilty of this crime. I always stressed that it was a theory that explains both, how others COULD be guilty, and how to explain the evidence, in that case. At least what little evidence has been released to us so far. So far, there is an equal amount of evidence pointing toward Chris, as there is towards anyone else. There is nowhere near enough evidence to narrow it down to a guilty verdict against ANYONE in particular.

Not once, did I ever post that ANYONE in particular was guilty of this crime. I always stressed that it was a theory that explains both, how others COULD be guilty, and how to explain the evidence, in that case. At least what little evidence has been released to us so far. So far, there is an equal amount of evidence pointing toward Chris, as there is towards anyone else. There is nowhere near enough evidence to narrow it down to a guilty verdict against ANYONE in particular.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

I believe you have done just that but I will leave it to the mods to determine. I'm rollin' on by.....

What exactly is surprising about the desire for the right person to be on trial in a murder case? No one has been convicted yet, and people are innocent until proven guilty. I'd say this is the perfect time to be questioning the case. The case is in the media spotlight now. People are aware of it. If I questioned it any earlier no one would be here to listen, it'd be completely useless. Also, this is the point in time in which the most information about the case is available. They've given their opening statement, an overview of their best evidence. Had I questioned earlier, I wouldn't have known about the shirt or the sprite bottle, I wouldn't have been able to incorporate them. How stupid would that have looked?

Beth Ford Roth Twitter

Nichole Lee, wife of defendant, makes a brief but notable appearance in court today. More on the blog later...
#ErinCorwin

Beth Ford Roth Twitter

Nichole Lee, wife of defendant, makes a brief but notable appearance in court today. More on the blog later...
#ErinCorwin

I wonder what made her appearance notable?

What happened to Joe? He said he would be covering the trial today ...

I believe you have done just that but I will leave it to the mods to determine. I'm rollin' on by.....

At every turn I've said "could have", "would have", "In that case", "he'd", "scenario", "theory". Nothing I've said since posting the theory has risen to the level of suggesting involvement. The theory itself isn't even posted here.

To be a suggestion I'd have to say something like 'I think so and so did it' or 'he/she must have been involved somehow', which I haven't said, at least not recently. Thank You.

Right!? I've been anxiously awaiting tweets from him! While Beth's blog is way more informative, I want info NOW! Even the tidbits that Joe has tweeted out in the past. Pretty much crickets all day til this! Then she teases us! I'll be stalking her blog until she posts! Noteable. Sounds.... interesting!

Over 700,000 acres, 1200 sq miles of territory and CL has the misfortune of having been near the mine the weekend before (June 22nd) Erin went missing and where Erin was later found

Okie dokey!!!

Although, notable could simply just mean that it is worth noting that she made an appearance. Many of us had been wondering if she would show.

Might have been a hearing to get her testimony in or out. dunno.

Joe hasn't posted at all. Strange.

Erin was eventually found in the Rosa de Peru mine, about 1½ to 2½ hours from downtown Twentynine Palms, depending the driver’s speed and experience with off-road terrain.
http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_239f72ee-918f-11e6-a4ba-67e5476c319f.html

Even if you are not from this area or have not traversed any of the rocky backroads that go to the mines, all you have to do is read the descriptions posted by numerous people who have written about what a hard trip this is to make: EVEN WITH A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE vehicle! You have to watch for mines so that you don't have to drive into one, you have to watch for rocks and ruts, etc. It's not like you are driving 60, 50, or even 20 MPH. Many times you are crawling along (based on some of the roads I've seen personally you could walk faster than drive!!) Why would anyone doubt what the experts (the searchers who have actually been to the area and down in the mines) have said?

Although, notable could simply just mean that it is worth noting that she made an appearance. Many of us had been wondering if she would show.

Now gee. Why do you want to rain on my excitement parade!? :jail:

I'm still holding out for real "notable" and not just that she showed up or is wearing a pinterest outfit or hairstyle! :tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member