GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Truthbeknown:

I want to thank you for being so gracious and for allowing us to be beside you and your family on this journey.

I'm certain the verdict won't give you complete closure as it doesn't give you back your dear Erin, however, I hope it will bring you some semblance of peace and allow you to start rebuilding your lives.

It's been a tremendous pleasure getting to know sweet Erin and she will surely be missed.

Many, many thanks to you and your family.

Some good info here (BBM):
http://www.benefits.va.gov/persona/veteran-incarcerated.asp

Veterans in receipt of VA pension will have payments terminated effective the 61st day after imprisonment in a Federal, State, or local penal institution for conviction of a felony or misdemeanor. Payments may be resumed upon release from prison if the Veteran meets VA eligibility requirements. Failure to notify VA of a Veteran's incarceration could result in the loss of all financial benefits until the overpayment is recovered.

Apportionment to Spouse or Children

All or part of the compensation not paid to an incarcerated Veteran may be apportioned to the Veteran's spouse, child or children, and dependent parents on the basis of individual need. In determining individual need, consideration shall be given to such factors as the claimant's income and living expenses, the amount of compensation available to be apportioned, the needs and living expenses of other claimants as well as any special needs, if any, of all claimants.

Additional Information:

VA will inform a Veteran whose benefits are subject to reduction of the right of the Veteran's dependents to an apportionment while the Veteran is incarcerated, and the conditions under which payments to the Veteran may be resumed upon release from incarceration.

VA will also notify the dependents of their right to an apportionment if the VA is aware of their existence and can obtain their addresses.

No apportionment may be made to or on behalf of any person who is incarcerated in a Federal, State, or local penal institution for conviction of a felony.

An apportionment of an incarcerated Veteran's VA benefits is not granted automatically to the Veteran's dependents. The dependent(s) must file a claim for an apportionment.

I'm grateful Erin was found from good people of this world. I'm grateful for the jurors. I'm grateful for justice today.
RIP Erin. All my love.

Doug Saunders Verified account ‏@crimeshutterbug [video=twitter;794291238052761600]https://twitter.com/crimeshutterbug/status/794291238052761600[/video] San Bernardino, CA The family of convicted killer Christopher Brandon Lee left the courthouse refusing to speak to the media #ErinCorwin

Finally my quotes are working again, but I keep getting this message
The media could not be played

I tried the tip a fellow poster gave me, about clicking outside of the box...but Noooooooo

KESQ livestream is going to report on the verdict at 8 pm EST 5 PST they say they had a crew in the courtroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He separated from the Marines, not retired, so he doesn't receive any pay and has limited benefits. And if he never deployed (not sure if this is true), he is not a veteran and not eligible for veterans benefits. He/they are likely getting very little if anything from the Marines.

He actually did deploy. He was in Afghanistan for 5 months.
H certainly couldn't use PTSD as an excuse...he was depressed because he liked it there, he missed the simple life there or something....(it's in Beths blog)

An then he played Russian roulette (I don't believe it) because he wanted to be deployed.

I have the link/medals for Afghanistan-operation freedom, but I'm getting ready to leave.
Catch back up tomorrow. :grouphug:

He actually did deploy. He was in Afghanistan for 5 months.
H certainly couldn't use PTSD as an excuse...he was depressed because he liked it there, he missed the simple life there or something....(it's in Beths blog)

An then he played Russian roulette (I don't believe it) because he wanted to be deployed.

I have the link/medals for Afghanistan-operation freedom, but I'm getting ready to leave.
Catch back up tomorrow. :grouphug:

I thought he had been deployed, thanks for clarifying. Then he is eligible for veterans benefits, like a VA-secured home mortgage, possible disability pay (not likely), and some other programs not necessarily through the Marines. But no pension or healthcare.

One good thing is CL with spend the rest of his life in the California prison system far, far away from friends and family in Alaska. Unless, of course, some of them are dumb enough to move here for him.

I do feel horrible that their daughter will have to grow up without a daddy. She is an innocent in all of this.

She is probably better off growing up without him around. Sorry to say that because I know how important Daddys are for a little girl. :cry:

I hope there are some halfway decent, normal family members taking good care of that poor child. This has been a nightmare , I 'm sure. :candle:

Well, I think I made some very good points brought up some significant problems with the prosecution's case. But, at the end of the day I just, definitely picked the wrong horse to back. Not an appropriate test case for everything wrong with the Justice System. Ladies and Gentlemen, I bid you all adieu, and thanks for playing along. Until we meet again. :takeabow: :clap:

If anyone needs me, I'll just be wandering the desert.... :desert:[/QUOTE

Really now? How classy of you to play games with us but your games shined through just as Christopher and Nichole Lee's games shined through and the light has been seen. We all knew you were an insider. Nothing like being BFFs with the court reporter eh?

It must suck to be a defense attorney when your client truly is GUILTY AS CHARGED and not a damn thing you can do to wiggle him not guilty by we the people of the jury, right?

So long, go find your next guilty perp to stand by.

Kesq now livestream

I just sat here and read through the last 6 pages of this forum and wow, so much has happened in the last 48 hours. Most importantly, I am so very glad to have seen that justice has finally come to fruition in this case. I can only hope that Erin's soul is now restfully at peace and her family members can continue to further heal.

Truthbeknown, thank you for always holding your head high throughout all of our discussions on WS in relation to this case. I realize at times that it could not have been easy. You truly have left a lasting impression on me. Prayers were sent from the beginning and will always continue :grouphug:

Finally my quotes are working again, but I keep getting this message
The media could not be played

I tried the tip a fellow poster gave me, about clicking outside of the box...but Noooooooo

The guy who is acting like a security guard at the end of the video made me laugh. Simmer down, tough guy! :laughing:

A couple days ago

http://abc7.com/news/ex-marine-found-guilty-of-murdering-pregnant-lover/1588058/

"I was afraid to tell the truth and thinking I could get away with it. I was still really angry at the time, I didn't want anyone to find her then," Lee said. "I'm not angry anymore and I'm no longer scared to tell the truth. This is something that I have to do. I have to let everyone know what I did and accept the punishment that they give me for it."

Colin Atagi

Sorry, we didn't get video. You should try ABC7 in Los Angeles. They filmed it. Dateline NBC also was there for a future program.

He is NOT receiving a pension! You must retire after 20 years of service, or slightly less in certain circumstances. He was discharged, basically he quit on good terms at the time.

Sorry! I think you posted while I was writing mine.

Can his discharge status be changed to dishonorable?

Colin Atagi

Sorry, we didn't get video. You should try ABC7 in Los Angeles. They filmed it. Dateline NBC also was there for a future program.

Dateline will do a good job with this. I prefer their shows and the way they tell the story over 48 Hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back