GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all,

It's been a while since I checked in. I can say that everyone on Search & Rescue followed the trial very closely and nervously waited for the verdict. Fortunately, only one of our volunteers was called to testify as far as I know - the wonderful professionals at SBSD handled most of the evidence and legal issues so that we could focus on the rope and rescue stuff.

From my perspective, I believe justice has been done, and I'm glad to see that our convicted had his day in court and adequate representation. Based on everything I was able to see and experience, I am comfortable that this was the best possible outcome.

There is a lot of detail missing (and things that are just plain wrong) in the media coverage, so it can be kind of frustrating to follow something like this. I think a lot more will become available when Dateline does their program in the next month or so. I believe they are the only media organization that actually visited the site.

Anyway, it's nice to be at the end of a long road.

Hi all,

It's been a while since I checked in. I can say that everyone on Search & Rescue followed the trial very closely and nervously waited for the verdict. Fortunately, only one of our volunteers was called to testify as far as I know - the wonderful professionals at SBSD handled most of the evidence and legal issues so that we could focus on the rope and rescue stuff.

From my perspective, I believe justice has been done, and I'm glad to see that our convicted had his day in court and adequate representation. Based on everything I was able to see and experience, I am comfortable that this was the best possible outcome.

There is a lot of detail missing (and things that are just plain wrong) in the media coverage, so it can be kind of frustrating to follow something like this. I think a lot more will become available when Dateline does their program in the next month or so. I believe they are the only media organization that actually visited the site.

Anyway, it's nice to be at the end of a long road.

Thank you for sharing, and for your SAR work. Your part in this case was invaluable. It must have been satisfying to hear the verdict.

I wanted to let everyone know that I heard back from the court reporter regarding the transcript. The cost for the witness testimony alone will be more than $3,000.00 and will be available in a couple of months.

The verdict is in, it's what we were all expecting and hoping for so other than answering some lingering questions we might still have I don't think the cost of the transcript is worthwhile.

If anyone else is still interested in purchasing it let me know and I'll forward the email from the court reporter to you.

I wanted to let everyone know that I heard back from the court reporter regarding the transcript. The cost for the witness testimony alone will be more than $3,000.00 and will be available in a couple of months.

The verdict is in, it's what we were all expecting and hoping for so other than answering some lingering questions we might still have I don't think the cost of the transcript is worthwhile.

If anyone else is still interested in purchasing it let me know and I'll forward the email from the court reporter to you.

WOW, 3k is way outta my league la2cabo, especially right here close to the holidays.
Beth's blog summarized the trial quite eloquently, and Dateline will be airing this heartbreaking story soon.
I'd rather donate money to Erin's mother and family to help with expenses of flying back to California for the sentencing. But thanks anyway for inquiring for us :hug:

If you wait a while, the transcript may be available for $0.50 (50 cents) per page.
Who pays for transcribing? The first requestor pays the court reporter hourly rate to transcribe the court testimony.
Thereafter, others can request a copy of the transcript and pay only a nominal per-page copy fee.
Who might request the transcribing? A news source, an author writing a non-fiction book, and if there is an appeal filed (seems unlikely and I don’t recall any mention of it) the court testimony will be transcribed for the appeal process.
http://www.sb-court.org/Portals/0/Documents/PDF/feeSched.pdf

Thank you La2cabo. Truth I hope you returned home and are resting, and the measure of justice for Erin gives you comfort.

Erin Corwin's mother was interviewed in Tennessee ~

“The detectives were protective of me,” she said of her days in the courtroom. “They would make sure I got to my car.”

That statement begged the question about interaction between Heavilin and Lee’s family inside and outside the courtroom. She said there was never any real communication between them.
She did say that after Lee’s mother testified she “looked me straight in the eye and said, ‘My son did not do this.’”

That statement was made before Lee’s confession and Heavilin said she understood Lee’s mother. She said she would also stand by her children no matter what.

She also expressed sympathy toward Lee’s parents, who went heavily into debt to provide their son with a private attorney.
“He (Lee) lied to them (his parents) right up until he confessed,” she said.

http://www.oakridger.com/news/20161111/mom-no-closure-when-someones-taken-from-you-in-such-way

Morning, when is sentencing

Erin's story will be on Dateline next Friday. (I just saw a commercial for it.)

I hope he gets the longest possible sentence tomorrow.

I hope he gets the longest possible sentence tomorrow.
I have no doubt he will receive life without parole.
If he is ever free, I honestly think he will kill again. He had already made himself another garrote, what sane person would do that? Or even THINK about making another one?
A man who enjoyed killing
He said he was "depressed" because he wasn't deployed again?? He didn't want to be home with his wife or especially his daughter, who he claims to love so much? No... he did not want to be home, he wanted to go back to Afghanistan where he could kill people legally.
JMO ~

Joe Nelson ‏@SBcountyNow [video=twitter;803645136441745408]https://twitter.com/SBcountyNow/status/803645136441745408[/video] Lee was found guilty of first degree murder in the strangling death of #ErinCorwin, who he dumped down a mineshaft.

Colin AtagiVerified account‏@TDSColinAtagi Court is in session but other defendants are being arraigned in other cases. Christopher Lee not here yet

Victim impact statements are on tap for the Christopher Lee sentencing

Erin Corwin's mother is here. Christopher Lee's attorney just told judge his family isn't present for sentencing

Erin Corwin's husband briefly spoke, thanked jurors and court @MyDesert

Erin Corwin's photo is visible while friends, family comment during Christopher Lee sentencing @MyDesert

Sentencing now underway for Lee. Ictim impact statements being read.

Joe Nelson ‏@SBcountyNow [video=twitter;803660187932377088]https://twitter.com/SBcountyNow/status/803660187932377088[/video] Lee sitting in jury box with his attorney, showing no emotion. #ErinCorwin

Joe Nelson ‏@SBcountyNow [video=twitter;803661171471491072]https://twitter.com/SBcountyNow/status/803661171471491072[/video] A candid photo of #ErinCorwin is displayed on an overhead screen in courtroom. She is wearing a pink hoodie with "USMC" imprinted on front.

Thinking of Erin's MOM and I am teary eyed. Every time she is face to face with CL it has to be, mentally and emotionally pure anguish. :tears:

Colin Atagi ‏@TDSColinAtagi [video=twitter;803665178931830786]https://twitter.com/TDSColinAtagi/status/803665178931830786[/video] Erin Corwin's oldest sister talked of relationship w/ her kids, said they'll never get to know their aunt

Erin Corwin's sister: "I feel I should've been able to protect Erin, somehow."

Relative reads testimonial from another to Christopher Lee: "You are not the catch you thought you once were."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back