GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is beginning to reek of the McStay case, family of four who were found buried in shallow graves in the desert.
Someone set it up to look as if they drove to the border, parked their car, and walked into Mexico.
This location of Erin's disappearance isn't too far from where the McStays were found - Big Bear wasn't too far away.
I now see Big Bear isn't too far from the Marine base. I'm not suggesting the cases are connected, just that there may be a
purposeful intent for leaving Erin's car where it was found.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if she met a stranger or someone who works on base or even a ranch worker.
Whoever drove the McStay vehicle left it clean as far as we know. Wonder if Erin's car gave any clues for LE to go by.

I said very early on that my money was on a tweaker. While it isn't a big bet, that's still my guess.

I think this was a very personal crime against Erin...not a random. Jmo

Well isn't that interesting!? Wonder why no one found it yesterday? They didn't double post any of their other stories (that I can tell). I guess they really wanted this info out and since no one picked up on it yesterday, they tried again today!?

When I initially read the article it was dated the 11th. I clicked a link later and it was dated the 10th, with slightly different wording at the beginning....????? Maybe it was 2 separate links that linked to similar looking pages? I don't know, but I clearly remember seeing the 11th and then the 10th. Very odd.

Well isn't that interesting!? Wonder why no one found it yesterday? They didn't double post any of their other stories (that I can tell). I guess they really wanted this info out and since no one picked up on it yesterday, they tried again today!?

The one from today, nor the story written the day before; did not show up in a Google hit. I checked as soon as JeannaT posted. You actually had to google the call letters and click on the story link. When I saw the story from the day before, I laughed. In essence same story just a different headline, what the heck!?

And a pine tree! :happydance:

And oak trees.
Dog is sticky from rolling around in yard. Not a pretty picture.

I am thinking about the Father's Day pregnancy reveal. What an exciting thing to share with your husband. That seems genuine, although we have not heard it come from Erin's lips, correct?

I think this was a very personal crime against Erin...not a random. Jmo

I totally agree.......either the husband or the boyfriend....only two suspects for me......and I am leaning more towards the boyfriend. Wonder if she met up with him and told had just told him she was pregnant, with his baby....

More guests than members viewing right now. WS has an easy registration process, join the discussion peoples
icon7.png

First, I would like to thank all the Military people here for the service that they, their spouses, sons and daughters have done for our Country. I, personally, am truly appreciative. It is not an easy life, as we have witnessed from many posts.

While I am much older now, I remember when I was 19 - what I wanted then and what I wanted later.

In my personal life, I keep quoting the poster here who ALWAYS says at the end of the post (forgive me, I don't remember who - quote me in your reply, and we'll see it and you and give you the appropriate credit): "We are all only one bad decision away from being on this page."

It may be that EC made one bad decision. We just don't know.

Let's give her the benefit of the doubt and keep praying that she can still be found alive.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

It was bringing border control on board the investigation that got me thinking outside of personal as to who the perp might be.

I don't think the car was left where it was found with any great thought behind it. IMO, the perp had to get rid of it and just abandoned it where he figured there would not be any cameras and he could get where he was going on foot. If he was smart, he would have hidden it, so as to make it look more like Erin just drove off on her own, i.e ran away. I think it was more of a hasty decision, when he was panicking. Jmo

It was bringing border control on board the investigation that got me thinking outside of personal as to who the perp might be.

Can you elaborate without going to Boot, OH I mean Ban, Camp?

Sincerely, MoeJoey

Honestly, we don't really know if there was an "affair." But even if there was, Erin is still missing and, IMO, someone hurt her. A stupid mistake made by a 19-year-old shouldn't result in their death. I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes at 19 and I'm still here.

Maybe they have some special equipment or something? I can't think they have extra personnel available to assist with an investigation but I could be wrong.

Honestly, we don't really know if there was an "affair." But even if there was, Erin is still missing and, IMO, someone hurt her. A stupid mistake made by a 19-year-old shouldn't result in their death. I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes at 19.

If there was an affair, that is likely the motive for whatever has happened to her. So it does matter in that sense. No one is condemning her. But unfortunately, murder is one of the top manners of death for pregnant women in the US. We have seen it too many times here on WS. That is why it is important info, and honestly, no one seems to be disputing it very strongly.

If there was no affair, no doubt about pregnancy...then I think she was likely a victim of a random crime. Maybe followed into the park, and if she walked around, followed then as well. The perp would know which car was hers if he saw her enter the park. But the possibility of an affair changes everything for me. We have discussed the ramifications of an affair to a Marine...they are extreme. That and a pregnancy are enough for a motive, to some people.

JMO of course

I don't think the car was left where it was found with any great thought behind it. IMO, the perp had to get rid of it and just abandoned it where he figured there would not be any cameras and he could get where he was going on foot. If he was smart, he would have hidden it, so as to make it look more like Erin just drove off on her own, i.e ran away. I think it was more of a hasty decision, when he was panicking. Jmo

If she was carjacked/"befriended" on her way to JTNP, at JTNP, or on the way home, then the Perp dropped the car there because 1) he/she read her license address and dropped it off close to her home or 2) the Perp needed to get back home on base quickly. This means that The Perp was "car-free" when this started, so someone else assisted.

JMO

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

If she was carjacked/"befriended" on her way to JTNP, at JTNP, or on the way home, then the Perp dropped the car there because 1) he/she read her license address and dropped it off close to her home or 2) the Perp needed to get back home on base quickly. This means that The Perp was "car-free" when this started, so someone else assisted.

JMO

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

He may have been with her in the car from the start. And maybe seen leaving alone. LE has not said much, but I think they have a suspect and a good reason to think she may still be in the park.

Honestly, we don't really know if there was an "affair." But even if there was, Erin is still missing and, IMO, someone hurt her. A stupid mistake made by a 19-year-old shouldn't result in their death. I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes at 19 and I'm still here.

I couldn't agree with you more. Very well said! If we were all to list our 19-year old mistakes here, we would be horrified. Then, we could plan a happy survival party. Erin, and some others, wouldn't be able to attend. Sad.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

If there was an affair, that is likely the motive for whatever has happened to her. So it does matter in that sense. No one is condemning her. But unfortunately, murder is one of the top manners of death for pregnant women in the US. We have seen it too many times here on WS. That is why it is important info, and honestly, no one seems to be disputing it very strongly.

If there was no affair, no doubt about pregnancy...then I think she was likely a victim of a random crime. Maybe followed into the park, and if she walked around, followed then as well. The perp would know which car was hers if he saw her enter the park. But the possibility of an affair changes everything for me. We have discussed the ramifications of an affair to a Marine...they are extreme. That and a pregnancy are enough for a motive, to some people.

JMO of course

I agree - an affair with a married Marine would equate to 3 potential killers - husband, lover, lover's wife. But the fact is, there is no real confirmation that there was an affair and Erin is still missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12