GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen some posts over the past few days stating that LE is only searching in Joshua Tree however we have known for some time that they are also searching in other areas outside of JTNP. i.e. The below article is from the 8th. "The search still includes parts of Joshua Tree National Park, and other specific locations -- they aren't telling us where-- in the Morongo Basin." If I am understanding the area and where these locations are it seems they are focusing their attention to the NE portion of Joshua tree and areas SE of the Base (relatively close to one another.)

Has any activity been reported on her debit card, credit card or cell phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No cell phone activity since she was reported missing and no social media, texts, bank activity, etc. There was a statement made by the family on the Locate Erin FB page from this past Thursday night I believe stating something to the effect of LE couldn't ping the phone because it was dead and they weren't sure if LE has received records of phone activity on that day from her cellular carrier.

Corwin’s sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, said Corwin’s cellphone has been off since the day she went missing, and Facebook messages, text messages voicemails that friends have left are not being returned. - http://www.hidesertstar.com/the_desert_trail/news/article_ccd7c13a-02f4-11e4-ae31-001a4bcf887a.html

The station reports there has been no phone, bank or social media activity on any of the missing woman's accounts. - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-of-missing-pregnant-woman-doesnt-suspect-son-in-law/

I wonder when other MSM will pick up this news? I would have thought others would have run with it by now.
Maybe there will be an additional update to this "story".
I don't know what to think, as it hasn't been denied by family, but it hasn't been confirmed either, that I am aware of.
IMOO.

They won't pick it up without being able to confirm the source themselves, Imo.

I don't think they have much incentive to run this story, confirmed or not. There are certain stories the national news media wants to cover and certain stories they look away from.

You never saw this as clearly as when the Christian/Newsome trials were taking place. Baffling, not a mention in national MSM and covered virtually wall-to-wall in their hometown in Tennessee.

Being unable to confirm information doesn't keep for profit news from reporting something and citing another media as their "source". They just don't want to cover this angle. Doesn't fit the current media agenda.

All of this is Just My Opinion, to be clear:

Things were looking up for Erin at age 19. Or maybe they weren't. Just married (she was gorgeous in the photo!)(extra pay for the deployed G.I.); save a nest egg; move to Twentynine Palms alone, plan for a fantastic future with Jon and her new baby ! Then, disaster strikes: Twentynine Palms is HORRIBLE; sand everywhere; she has a miscarriage; she's now very lonely - no family, no true friends or any friends. Pregnant again - oh happy day.

Well, after this comes ____________.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

I did some online research of 29 Palms Base, when my son was assigned there. I came across a forum for daily life at 29 Palms Base. They were spot on in their description of the area and had great advice. They did suggest that if their Marine's MOS was ever going to require they be stationed there at any time during their career, that they volunteer to do that early and get it over with before marriage and kids. As it's a strain on couples and families that have to live there.

Interesting history of 29 Palms Base, decades ago, before it became an elite combat training center, with shopping, restaurants, pool, movie theatre, etc. It was a place that problematic Marines were sent to be punished. Not in a brig type way, just that it sucked to be out there with nothing to do but train under the worst conditions possible.

It is possible her husband knew or suspected about an affair and only confided in family sometime later, when it was clear she was truly missing. If so, his initial reports to them may have been elusive or seemed a bit vague. I doubt he would want to announce something like that right away, in case she was home in a day or two. But if true, I have a feeling he told LE and that may be how they got onto to the other man, all assuming this (affair) is a fact.

Jmo

I totally agree. If I were in the same awful position, I would feel I had to tell LE everything, knowing it might make the difference between finding my spouse or not. But I would still cringe at the thought of airing that dirty laundry to the family.

I do have a question for those who know more about the military than I do. There are a few retired military members in my family, but we've never discussed anything like this. Would his wife having an affair and possibly disappearing with the boyfriend cause him career problems? The reason I asked was, although I'm sure he would tell his CO that his wife was missing, would he try to keep the affair/baby situation to himself? Assuming it's all true, of course.

Also, just because there are rules about how to handle things, people don't always follow them. Humiliation might be a pretty good reason to keep some things to yourself. I guess it might all depend on his relationship with his CO.

So, if other sources won't pick it up because they can't confirm the sources, well, JeannaT said that Jon's aunt confirmed it, and I can't find that link, so wouldn't they want to talk to someone that has confirmed it?
IMOO.

I have been searching for that link, but I can't find it.
Can you post the link and point me in the direction that I can read it.
Thanks so much! :)
I thought I hit Reply to JeannaT but apparently not.
Anyhow, I can't find the link where it has been confirmed by Jon's aunt.
Thanks so much for replying, can you help me out with that link.

She's posted about it numerous times on the Locate Erin FB page. Earlier on it got deleted. Last I knew the comment in the post made on Friday was still there, but I have not checked.

I did some online research of 29 Palms Base, when my son was assigned there. I came across a forum for daily life at 29 Palms Base. They were spot on in their description of the area and had great advice. They did suggest that if their Marine's MOS was ever going to require they be stationed there at any time during their career, that they volunteer to do that early and get it over with before marriage and kids. As it's a strain on couples and families that have to live there.

Interesting history of 29 Palms Base, decades ago, before it became an elite combat training center, with shopping, restaurants, pool, movie theatre, etc. It was a place that problematic Marines were sent to be punished. Not in a brig type way, just that it sucked to be out there with nothing to do but train under the worst conditions possible.

It does sound like a pretty grim place to be for a young woman, used to having family around and the hills and green of Tennessee. Sort of puts a new perspective on how things might go downhill so quickly.

I had to laugh at that last part about sending Marine's there for punishment. THAT is the old school Marine Corps my husband's Uncle served in. Too funny.

She's posted about it numerous times on the Locate Erin FB page. Earlier on it got deleted. Last I knew the comment in the post made on Friday was still there, but I have not checked.

Well, if it got deleted, then how do we know that is fact?
I will check out the Locate Erin FB page.
Thank you for answering.

If there WAS an affair, it apparently is not helping LE to find Erin. I would guess they are not getting a lot of cooperation from the POI, whoever he/she may be. Jmo

They both check out on that piece of information, but the second Marine may actually be delusional ... we aren't to know. :abnormal:

FIRST ONE: July 10th, 2014
A source close to the Sheriff’s investigation revealed that Corwin, who is three months pregnant, had apparently been having an affair with another married Marine and investigators believe that pregnancy was from her lover, not her husband. The source noted that investigators have interviewed all the parties involved and said while their stories have checked out, the other Marine’s story is full of contradictions and they do not believe they will find Erin Corwin alive.
http://www.z1077fm.com/missing-twentynine-palms-woman-may-have-had-a-lover/

SECOND ONE: July 11th, 2014
A source close to the Sheriff’s investigation revealed that Corwin, who is three months pregnant, had apparently been having an affair with another married Marine and investigators believe that pregnancy was from her lover, not her husband. The source noted that investigators have interviewed all the parties involved and said while their stories have checked out, the other Marine’s story is full of contradictions, and they do not believe they will find Erin Corwin alive.
http://www.z1077fm.com/breaking-news-in-case-of-missing-twentynine-palms-woman/

Regardless, it's not looking good :notgood:

Well, if it got deleted, then how do we know that is fact?
I will check out the Locate Erin FB page.
Thank you for answering.

Oh, I see. It was deleted? That happens sometimes. In these cases, we have to be careful to write that it was stated on FB only and that it is not fact.

<Respectfully snipped>
Also, just because there are rules about how to handle things, people don't always follow them. Humiliation might be a pretty good reason to keep some things to yourself. I guess it might all depend on his relationship with his CO.

And hopefully it doesn't depend on his commanding officer's relationship with his missing wife. That could be devastating.
(Hypothetically speaking, and purely my opinion and speculation only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi