GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seems like they would have chosen a different location to meet at. Car seems ditched to me, and at a "convenient" locale. JMO

BBM: Did you mean entering and not exiting? TIA

No, here is why:

Based on the areas we have heard that they are searching and the location of her car I don't think they have her on video entering or exiting the park because the area they are searching doesn't (to the best of my knowledge, though I might be incorrect) have cameras at the entrance point. If she did enter the other portion of the park I think she also excited it and then entered the other portion of the park where there aren't cameras. I wouldn't think that LE would be searching those areas if they had her on camera entering the park at one of the gates with cameras (as it doesn't appear, without a 4-wheel vehicle, that she would access that mine from that side of the park with the cameras.) The mine area they were searching yesterday is accessible by a dirt road closer to where her car was located and also closer to some of the other reports I have read from independent people who have seen LE searching outside of JTNP. Follow?

I'm sure LE has (or can obtain through another government agency) maps of them all, and wouldn't be surprised to find they could all be found online as well. I've been to some in the area that we read about in maps/books, or a relative knew about, and that was before the internet had grown to what it is now.

I also would hope that the SAR assisting in the search is familiar with the area and hopefully they are familiar with the mines and their locations. Do you know if there are mines that can be accessed relatively quickly off of the paved roads in the park? Thank you

No, here is why:

Based on the areas we have heard that they are searching and the location of her car I don't think they have her on video entering or exiting the park because the area they are searching doesn't (to the best of my knowledge, though I might be incorrect) have cameras at the entrance point. If she did enter the other portion of the park I think she also excited it and then entered the other portion of the park where there aren't cameras. I wouldn't think that LE would be searching those areas if they had her on camera entering the park at one of the gates with cameras (as it doesn't appear, without a 4-wheel vehicle, that she would access that mine from that side of the park with the cameras.) The mine area they were searching yesterday is accessible by a dirt road closer to where her car was located and also closer to some of the other reports I have read from independent people who have seen LE searching outside of JTNP. Follow?

Thank you. I think I follow. Do you think she "voluntarily" went in to the park possibly by close to where her car was found?

Sorry, you are right it is not a "dirt lot." Sounds like more of dirt area off the road. We don't know for sure. But if you listen to the scanner traffic at the bottom of this page, the deputies are talking about off the road and tracks of a u-turn near the vehicle. So it is not just on the side of the road.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25992474/water-district-employee-spotted-missing-marine-wifes-vehicle

This dirt road is actually Ranch Rd. heading north.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.194...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIRFmWzmNKlhKUBwDpbDJQg!2e0

You are right, there is no parking lot - it basically looks no different than any other roadside spot in the area. There was an informal "parking lot" at the NE corner of Valle Vista and Adobe Rd, near the entrance to the base, that we saw Friday but Erin's car was approximately 1 mile or so east of that spot.

Sorry, you are right it is not a "dirt lot." Sounds like more of dirt area off the road. We don't know for sure. But if you listed to the scanner traffic at the bottom of this page, the deputies are talking about "off the road" and tracks of a u-turn near the vehicle. So it is not just on the side of the road.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25992474/water-district-employee-spotted-missing-marine-wifes-vehicle

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.194...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIRFmWzmNKlhKUBwDpbDJQg!2e0

BBM: I've been listening to the scanner for the past couple of hours and haven't heard anything that I think relates to Erin. Maybe I'm not in the correct place? I'm on Morongo Basin Police and Fire. TIA

Anything near the road inside the park would be seen by many people, in my opinion. Lots of people driving through, taking photos, getting out at the pull out sections to see the item of interest, etc. even in this heat. However, there are mines near Gold Crown Road that are easily and quickly accessible from Hwy 62. There's even one you can see from Hwy 62, but I don't remember if the hole is visible - I just know the wood structure that comes out of the ground always looks like a horse to me. lol One mine that was mentioned by LE on the scanner was deep into the park and 4 wheel drive would be needed, and a bit of time.

I also would hope that the SAR assisting in the search is familiar with the area and hopefully they are familiar with the mines and their locations. Do you know if there are mines that can be accessed relatively quickly off of the paved roads in the park? Thank you

On Friday we saw many tracks that were just off the side of the road. Some may venture into the sand 100 feet or so, but there really isn't anything out there and no where to go once you leave the road. There isn't anything different at that intersection, compared to anything else on any other side of the road - or way off the side of the road - in that area or in most of the surrounding areas. Unless she drove onto the personal property of one of the homeowners near that intersection who may have cement/asphalt or a pressed dirt "trail" (there are a few scattered homes) then she was literally on the side of the road. One thing to note: It's extremely sandy in the area, and a vehicle such as hers that isn't 4 wheel drive would have a difficult time turning around in that sand. The farther she ventured off the road into more untouched sand, the more difficulty she would have had getting out of it.

Sorry, you are right it is not a "dirt lot." Sounds like more of dirt area off the road. We don't know for sure. But if you listen to the scanner traffic at the bottom of this page, the deputies are talking about "off the road" and tracks of a u-turn near the vehicle. So it is not just on the side of the road.

Thanks for trying. IIRC it "may" have been a quote from Mom. If that's the post you are referring too LOL

Are we looking for a quote about her being caught on camera entering the park? I have never seen anything confirmed by family or LE of her being seen on camera. The female spokesperson for the SB Sheriffs Department stated in the below video interview, "They are finding it somewhat difficult to determine if she ever did make it to the park." That indicates to me that they do not have her on video at the park. http://video.latino.foxnews.com/v/3665059556001/missing-pregnant-woman-case-more-than-meets-the-eye/

At the beginning of the investigation it was reported that "A possible sighting of Erin Corwin and her car was reported about 8 a.m. Saturday by Joshua Tree National Park rangers." I haven't read anything else about this or any other possible sightings inside JTNP. http://www.z1077fm.com/homicide-det...gate-disappearance-of-twentynine-palms-woman/

Thinking out loud again.

I'm trying to put together how they get to the conclusion that she made it to Joshua Tree National Park? What if she did really leave to go and check out JTNP like she said she was going to do but she had also made arrangements prior to meet up with the boyfriend. So she had to leave pretty early to check it out in order to meet him on time. So what if she looks around and then they had agreed to meet (where her car was left). She then gets into his car so his DNA won't be in her car. JMO.

Just seems like they would have chosen a different location to meet at. Car seems ditched to me, and at a "convenient" locale. JMO

I agree. If she met someone I don't think it was here. I think her car was dumped there after the crime was committed and he was either on foot exiting and entering the base or he had his car within walking/jogging distance. I would think he wouldn't want his car and hers in the same location on a dirt road because of tire tracks and possibly being spotted by someone but if the crime wasn't too thought out they may have been at the same location at the same time....just probably not at the location of where her car was found.

Thank you. I think I follow. Do you think she "voluntarily" went in to the park possibly by close to where her car was found?

I haven't a clue. Possibly if she was in someone else's car that could be used off road (jeep, truck, etc.) but probably not.

I originally thought he could have walked back on base but now that I see the base is surrounded by barbed wire, I don't think so.

I agree. If she met someone I don't think it was here. I think her car was dumped there after the crime was committed and he was either on foot exiting and entering the base or he had his car within walking/jogging distance. I would think he wouldn't want his car and hers in the same location on a dirt road because of tire tracks and possibly being spotted by someone but if the crime wasn't too thought out they may have been at the same location at the same time....just probably not at the ovation of where her car was found.

Thanks, you are right it does look like she drove farther into the sand, rather than park at the edge of the road, for some reason. Not sure how without 4WD...maybe a less sandy spot? In that case, her car would still be visible from the road (like they said) since there are so few homes. Interesting! I kind of wonder if she was perhaps being chased or something and got stuck, and the other car caught up with her and took her? I can't imagine a planned "meet up" involving you leaving your car far away from the road. In my opinion that would attract more attention than leaving in on the side of the road, where it could look like the person's car broke down. (Personally, for a "meet up" I would think leaving your car in a business parking lot would attract less attention and lower the chance of someone breaking into it.) I wonder if this was just kind of "cutting off the corner" at the intersection and that's what they meant by "it looks like they drove straight through the area." I can't see why she would drive several hundred feet into the middle of sand between roads. Sooooo bizarre!!!

Thanks for refreshing my memory on that; I had forgotten their exact words. Now if LE would just give us some more info to make sense of it!!

Scanner traffic suggests off the road and a second vehicle.

“…did they drive straight through the area or did they make a u-turn near the vehicle?”

“According to the track it looks like they drove straight through the area, but it looks like there’s a couple sets of tracks out here.”

“See if they can just roll out, I’ll 87 with them to keep them out of the scene.”

“…before they get onto the dirt. We kind of four by’d through the desert to preserve anything that we might come across.”

“You’ll be able to see the vehicle from the roadway.”
“I’ll just keep it on the roadway. “
“10-4 thanks”

“We’re trying to see if there’s any tracks leading away, possibly another vehicle was with this vehile, so… give a few more minutes.”

I've always thought LE was working from phone info, from Erin, the perp or both. I doubt a crime was pre-planned so the perp is likely to have had his phone. Ditching the car was not well thought-out IMO.

Question....

are we now permitted to discuss/quote Scanner post upstairs?

TIA

Anything near the road inside the park would be seen by many people, in my opinion. Lots of people driving through, taking photos, getting out at the pull out sections to see the item of interest, etc. even in this heat. However, there are mines near Gold Crown Road that are easily and quickly accessible from Hwy 62. There's even one you can see from Hwy 62, but I don't remember if the hole is visible - I just know the wood structure that comes out of the ground always looks like a horse to me. lol One mine that was mentioned by LE on the scanner was deep into the park and 4 wheel drive would be needed, and a bit of time.

Curious how Gold Crown Road came up as a possibility in discussion? I've actually never heard of it (and now that I've googled it, we need to plan an exhibition to go check it out!)

I read it somewhere but don't remember where. The reason we drove out that way was just to se if there was any LE presence in the area, or even LE vehicles we would pass on the way to/from. But we didn't see anything at all. I don't remember why it was originally mentioned, or where exactly we saw it. Maybe because of the mines???

It's sort of well known, and I don't think I've ever been down the road without passing at least 1 other vehicle and usually more. It gets a little hairy after a mile or two so 4WD is best.

Curious how Gold Crown Road came up as a possibility in discussion? I've actually never heard of it (and now that I've googled it, we need to plan an exhibition to go check it out!)

I read it somewhere but don't remember where. The reason we drove out that way was just to se if there was any LE presence in the area, or even LE vehicles we would pass on the way to/from. But we didn't see anything at all. I don't remember why it was originally mentioned, or where exactly we saw it. Maybe because of the mines???

It's sort of well known, and I don't think I've ever been down the road without passing at least 1 other vehicle and usually more. It gets a little hairy after a mile or two so 4WD is best.

I see that it's popular with 4WD peeps! It looks awesome. I just love exploring near mine areas (not going near an uncovered mine though... too scary for me!)

Since reading the last few posts about the MSM scanner reports and Nora's subsequent follow-ups regarding the location/manner in which the car was found, I'm thinking that whatever happened was coordinated and collusive. That is, of course, if this ends up being an affair with a married marine and not a random "chase, snatch, and grab".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member