GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then we will go with JARHEAD if everyone needs to nitpick! "In the Pit; Maggot!!" sz the nasty drill sergeant That my Marine fell under....

Drop and give me twenty MARINE for coming up with the Answer LOL!:thinking:

Ok then we will go with JARHEAD if everyone needs to nitpick! "In the Pit; Maggot!!" sz the nasty drill sergeant That my Marine fell under....

Drop and give me twenty MARINE for coming up with the Answer LOL!:thinking:

What? I think I missed something.

Does anyone know if the mines in JTNP are mapped and therefore could be systematically visited? Also, is LE using dogs in their search? If LE is right about her location (and sadly, her fate), and the killer hid her away to any degree, it's difficult to imagine they'll find her without dogs.

Respectfully, what is the difference? My son is in the Navy and I've heard many people refer to military people in general as soldiers. I'm guessing your answer will be soldiers are army? TIA

It is a big deal to me.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080607235017AAIGVjX

Because Marines are Marines. The Army are soldiers, the Navy are sailors, and the Air Force are airmen. They're not soldiers, they're marines. That's why they don't like being called soldiers =]

And the Marines operate under the command of the Navy. They do not answer directly to the Department of Defense. Many claim this makes the Marines more efficient, because they can bypass the red tape and "get ***** done".

They are 20 percent of US Armed forces, but use less than 7 percent of the defense budget.

IIRC, this happened in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. The Marines went in and set up a base in record time. The locals complained to the Department of the Defense who couldn't do anything about it.

Holy smokes! What happened on here after I went to bed last night? Seems there were some very passionate exchanges.

Anyway, I saw a very brief reporting of Erin's disappearance on the news last night. Unfortunately they didn't report anything new.

After watching the news I came to a very sad realization. I don't see how it's possible she's still with us after this amount of time. It's been more than 2 weeks since she was last seen. I honestly don't think she left on her own as I don't think she would do that to her mom. At the very least I think she'd call her mom and say "Hey. I just need some time to think. Call off the dogs". If she went to JT and got lost why would her car be found elsewhere? Since the beginning LE has said she disappeared under suspicious circumstances and for whatever reason have been focusing their search primarily in JT.

I don't know if the whole boyfriend story is true or not I just feel very strongly that she's no longer with us. I so did not want this to be the case but I don't know what the alternative is. Very, very sad.

It is a big deal to me.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080607235017AAIGVjX

Because Marines are Marines. The Army are soldiers, the Navy are sailors, and the Air Force are airmen. They're not soldiers, they're marines. That's why they don't like being called soldiers =]

And the Marines operate under the command of the Navy. They do not answer directly to the Department of Defense. Many claim this makes the Marines more efficient, because they can bypass the red tape and "get ***** done".

They are 20 percent of US Armed forces, but use less than 7 percent of the defense budget.

IIRC, this happened in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. The Marines went in and set up a base in record time. The locals complained to the Department of the Defense who couldn't do anything about it.

Obviously it's a very big deal to you! I wasn't disrespecting you, I was simply asking what the difference is.

The odds say you are right.
That said, people, especially young people do irrational things when they are shamed.
The car is still not adding up for me.

I can think of a plausible explanation of how her car ended up where it did, and this alleged boyfriend not being stupid. If he walked off base and she picked him up, and the killing was not pre-meditated, he would have to get back to base somehow. If he called for someone to pick him up, or called a cab, then there is hard proof he was off base during the window of time in which she vanished. If he parks her car there and walks back, then he still might avoid having the situation linked to him. With those two options, I think leaving the car there and walking home is the better option. JMO, of course. :)

Or they drove off base in separate cars, met up and she hopped in his vehicle. (I'm fairly certain I saw a rendevoux like at my local mall the other day :eek: ) I'm faintly surprised that the military wouldn't have investigated an abandoned car sitting that close to the base.

Mel

Going on the assumption Erin was seen on camera entering JT it makes sense to me she was seen in her car? I mean how clear would the cameras be to spot Erin in another vehicle and in the passenger seat.

By this time, LE has Erin's cell phone records and what her pattern of communication was and ...who she last had contact with, when she last used her phone and when it last pinged. I don't think it would be difficult to match a last known contact with a vehicle caught on camera entering/leaving the base or JT. Find video of a vehicle leaving base with one occupant, see same video entering JT with two occupants ..one similar to Erin's build, see same vehicle leaving JT with only one occupant ?

Obviously it's a very big deal to you! I wasn't disrespecting you, I was simply asking what the difference is.

Ha. Sorry for going on the defense. Can you tell Marine mom's and their Marine's are sensitive to this?

Marines and the Army have been competitive for years. In fact, The Department of Defense and the Army have made several moves to get rid of the Marines and incorporate them into the Army.

To call a Marine a Soldier is just bad, for many reasons.

Ha. Sorry for going on the defense. Can you tell Marine mom's and their Marine's are sensitive to this?

Marines and the Army have been competitive for years. In fact, The Department of Defense and the Army have made several moves to get rid of the Marines and incorporate them into the Army.

To call a Marine a Soldier is just bad, for many reasons.

Ya think? Lol

I guess one thing based on reports of cameras at the JT's entrances and emphasis on search areas it appears Erin was seen entering the park. IMO. Wish LE would give us a bit more.

I have a feeling that if they do have Erin on video entering the park it is of her entering and exiting. I believe one area they are searching in JTNP may be accessible from a dirt road off of Twentynine Palms Highway and there doesn't appear to be cameras there. Can someone familiar with the area confirm if there are cameras at Twentynine Palms Highway and Gold Crown Road? Also, is that area considered JTNP? If I am correct, it is outside of the green area on my map but contains a lot of the old mines that are considered part of JTNP (??)

I have a feeling that if they do have Erin on video entering the park it is of her entering and exiting. I believe one area they are searching in JTNP may be accessible from a dirt road off of Twentynine Palms Highway and there doesn't appear to be cameras there. Can someone familiar with the area confirm if there are cameras at Twentynine Palms Highway and Gold Crown Road? Also, is that area considered JTNP? If I am correct, it is outside of the green area on my map but contains a lot of the old mines that are considered part of JTNP (??)

BBM: Did you mean entering and not exiting? TIA

If anyone is inclined to take "a run downstairs" Mines being cleared and guess the MSM got it wrong regarding helicopter and the tire tracks.

I'm sure LE has (or can obtain through another government agency) maps of them all, and wouldn't be surprised to find they could all be found online as well. I've been to some in the area that we read about in maps/books, or a relative knew about, and that was before the internet had grown to what it is now.

Does anyone know if the mines in JTNP are mapped and therefore could be systematically visited? Also, is LE using dogs in their search? If LE is right about her location (and sadly, her fate), and the killer hid her away to any degree, it's difficult to imagine they'll find her without dogs.

Then let me expand on this point....

If the alleged male friend harmed her, why on earth would he leave her car where it would be found rather quickly? That does not make sense at all, but then again, maybe he just panicked and ditched it. But what about his DNA in the car?
This is not adding up for me at all.

It just seems so much more likely that she ditched the car where it could be found, and bolted. I think we need to remember that if this young girl had the poor judgement to *allegedly* have an inappropriate friendship with a male Marine (knowing it could irreparably harm his and her husband's military careers), she has the poor judgement to just bolt and take off.

Again, I hope this scenario turns out to be accurate vs. the alternative of her being harmed. Regardless, this young gal needs to be found. Where are you Erin?!

I agree that your scenario is much more appealing than to believe that foul play was involved but LE have stated that they do not believe Erin left on her own. Of course they could be wrong but if there was any indication of her leaving of her own free will I do not feel they would be spending so much time and resources on these all day searches. FBI is involved, homicide, military, SAR, helicopters, several police agencies, Border Patrol, etc. and some of these areas (especially in this heat) are dangerous areas to be searching. If all of the above agencies have come to the same conclusion I feel confident that they know what they are doing and have a reason why they believe what they do about her disappearance. Also, she has no phone, no car, no mental health issues, no credit cards and no money, plus she was pregnant. Where could she possibly have gone on her own?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member