GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange! Also, as far as I can tell the husbands call is not on the "CrimeSpot" (I think that's what it's called) report either. Why the secrecy?

Military is involved. They have their own way of doing things. Perhaps if they asked the husband not to comment they've also asked police not to make the case facts public as a courtesy.

She lived on base. The military is going to be keeping a close eye on this as long as it's possible that a Marine (Not necessarily her husband, but anyone really) is involved in any way, or as long as there is any possibility that if a crime was committed it was committed on base.

I also think this could explain why the husband waited to report. I think it's VERY likely that if he called a CO he was told to wait it out until morning and call the police if she hasn't shown up by then. They wouldn't want a big deal being made if it turned out to be nothing.

I disagree. IMO she would have left base via the Condor gate not the main gate, which is the gate closest to where it is assumed, based on rank, that she lives. As you can see when you zoom out on the map there are housing areas on that end of base. Then she would have turned left on Valle Vista and continued on as shown on your map.

I can understand that. I just Googled directions to the Base. It still doesn't make sense why her car was found where it was. The logical route coming out of JT would be from Utah Trail (the only entrance that side of the park) and then straight up to the Base. I mean the direction and location of the car being parked doesn't correlate to the route she would take.

Didn't some reports state that the position of the car did not indicate in which direction she was heading? But this report by the witness puts the vehicle in the direction going too the Base.

I can understand that. I just Googled directions to the Base. It still doesn't make sense why her car was found. The logical route coming out of JT would be from Utah Trail (the only entrance that side of the park) and then straight up to the Base. I mean the direction and location of the car being parked doesn't correlate to the route she would take.

Didn't some reports state that the position of the car did not indicate in which direction she was heading? But this report by the witness puts the vehicle in the direction going too the Base.

Every report I've read, until this current one, said no direction of travel indicated. Extremely bizarre that the car was found there but facing as if headed toward Base. So either someone turned right on VV then made a U turn or they came down VV from another turn!? But even that doesn't make sense?? Even if the were coming from further east on Amboy Rd they wouldn't logically turn before Utah. I guess they could have turned off on Bullion or Bagdad? But then, this case isn't very logical to us yet.

From this link:
http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

snipped by me..."According to a source who has property nearby where Erin Corwin’s vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Corolla was found stated that a worker from the Twentynine Palms Water District reported the vehicle around approximately 9:30-9:40 A.M. on June 30..."
Read more at http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

Only reason I can think to pull the audio; Officer said something descriptive about the car, like something found in the interior? Even then, it is what it is. To go so far as to pull the audio seems extreme. Anyone else seen this happen in other cases?

I can understand that. I just Googled directions to the Base. It still doesn't make sense why her car was found. The logical route coming out of JT would be from Utah Trail (the only entrance that side of the park) and then straight up to the Base. I mean the direction and location of the car being parked doesn't correlate to the route she would take.

Here is the quote from the below link (BBM): Erin Corwin’s car, a 2013 Toyota Corolla, was found on Monday, but there was no indication of her direction of travel or her current whereabouts, the Sheriff’s Department stated.

http://ktla.com/2014/07/02/search-underway-for-missing-pregnant-woman-from-twentynine-palms/

I took that as meaning they didn't know which direction Erin was traveling or where she was, not so much that they didn't know which direction the car was pointed towards when found. Maybe?

Wow. That is interesting. Have you ever encountered a file missing/removed before??

I have never seen that, but it is possible it's coincidence. They have archives posted from the beginning of the year for that area and there are no gaps that I can see except that one.

I know nothing about the sites/archives being mentioned, but is it possible that it would be pulled if a warrant or subpoena was issued for that specific info?

So it is likely that the info over the scanner provided some details that the police don't want released. Maybe something about the condition of the car?

There's actually a pic here in this slideshow of Erin, her MIL, and her husband in which Erin is smiling, showing her teeth. IMO, she looks really different here and they should be showing this pic more!
http://www.kesq.com/news/police-sea...ynine-palms/26796980?nopageview=true&offset=6

The place the car was found... wondering if maybe she got lost or turned around? Flagged someone down for help?

Thank you! She does look much different when she smiles with an open mouth.

Heavilin said their mom, Lore Heavilin, was due in for a two-week visit last week and Erin Corwin was looking for spots within Joshua Tree National Park to take their mom for pictures.

Heavilin said her sister loves photography.

"I was trying to talk her into taking a certificate course for photography at Roane State or Pellissippi State but before I could nail her down to sign up, she decided to get married and move," Heavilin said.

Corwin met her future husband through friends in Oak Ridge, married in November 2012, and in October they moved to California where he serves at the U.S. Marine Corps base in Twentynine Palms, Heavilin said.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jul/10/missing-womans-sister-leans-on-faith/

There's actually a pic here in this slideshow of Erin, her MIL, and her husband in which Erin is smiling, showing her teeth. IMO, she looks really different here and they should be showing this pic more!
http://www.kesq.com/news/police-sea...ynine-palms/26796980?nopageview=true&offset=6

The place the car was found... wondering if maybe she got lost or turned around? Flagged someone down for help?

I have only seen one other photo of Erin showing her teeth and that is on her mother's facebook page. Most of the photos being shown in news media coverage seem to be ones where she is "posing" for the photo and not showing her teeth. I agree she does look different and might help spark someone's memory if the more "candid" photos are included in media coverage.

Heavilin said their mom, Lore Heavilin, was due in for a two-week visit last week and Erin Corwin was looking for spots within Joshua Tree National Park to take their mom for pictures.

Heavilin said her sister loves photography.

"I was trying to talk her into taking a certificate course for photography at Roane State or Pellissippi State but before I could nail her down to sign up, she decided to get married and move," Heavilin said.

Corwin met her future husband through friends in Oak Ridge, married in November 2012, and in October they moved to California where he serves at the U.S. Marine Corps base in Twentynine Palms, Heavilin said.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jul/10/missing-womans-sister-leans-on-faith/
From the same article:

Heavilin said authorities haven't updated the family on the search since July 3.

"We're doing as best as we can be. The search is ongoing but unfortunately we haven't gotten any updates," she said.

In another article I read today it stated the family is getting an update from LE every night. So which is it? None or every night? :confused:

From the same article:

Heavilin said authorities haven't updated the family on the search since July 3.

"We're doing as best as we can be. The search is ongoing but unfortunately we haven't gotten any updates," she said.

In another article I read today it stated the family is getting an update from LE every night. So which is it? None or every night? :confused:

I think the quote was law enforcement saying they update them every night. I've seen on facebook, and then here, that the family hasn't been updated in a week.

Frankly, I'm inclined to believe that.

Where is the horse ranch thst she volunteers at compared to the park and the base? It's possible that hubby was not expecting her home because she was volunteering there or going to check on horses....have not heard much about that.

Thanks for the maps. No, it doesn't make sense that would be a route she would take. It would be a convenient route for an abductor or killer to have come back from disposing of her body in the park, take a slight detour, and make a U turn so that it faces the base.

True, except I can't figure out why she has to be in the park, even if she was there earlier. If someone indicated she was STILL in the park, they must not be too sure where she's at; or maybe they're not being honest.

What hits my hinky meter is this:

BBM The source states that he has a, “weird feeling about the husband.”

Wouldn't be the first time that a perp inserted himself into a police investigation.

Mel

From this link:
http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

snipped by me..."According to a source who has property nearby where Erin Corwin’s vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Corolla was found stated that a worker from the Twentynine Palms Water District reported the vehicle around approximately 9:30-9:40 A.M. on June 30..."
Read more at http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

True, except I can't figure out why she has to be in the park, even if she was there earlier. If someone indicated she was STILL in the park, they must not be too sure where she's at; or maybe they're not being honest.

It may be the only place they have solid leads, as far as where she could be. If she was not in the vicinity of the car, it would been like needle/haystack otherwise, Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem