GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiterockhorserescueca.org. Story of a horse on 29 palms with lcpl corwin mentioned. FYI. As a new angle.

From this link:
http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

snipped by me..."According to a source who has property nearby where Erin Corwin’s vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Corolla was found stated that a worker from the Twentynine Palms Water District reported the vehicle around approximately 9:30-9:40 A.M. on June 30..."
Read more at http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

Oh, no! Witness says helicopter hovered over car causing sand and dirt to fly disturbing any possible tracks or footprints.:banghead: (had to do a little searching for banghead smilie now :)

It may be the only place they have solid leads, as far as where she could be. If she was not in the vicinity of the car, it would been like needle/haystack otherwise, Imo.

They should have (still should be) regularly using the media to ask residents, park and Indian reservation leaders, and businesses within at least a half-hour's driving distance to check every square foot of their own properties. They should have isolated landfill trash as soon as the report was made to make recovering evidence possible. They should have canvassed every home and building on the base, and checked any abandoned homes/properties nearby. Maybe they did all of that, but I don't see it based on publicly available information. I recommended these things and several more (drones to cover the desert - it's a military base), and was promptly blocked from the "Locate Erin" Facebook page. I couldn't find the link again, but a couple of days ago a police spokesperson was asked by a reporter if they'd covered the base thoroughly, and the answer was no (they were focused on the park). I'm wondering if they've even knocked on every door in the neighborhood, and searched the base thoroughly. If they don't find HER, they can find a potential witness. I'm not saying the police are responsible for most of this work, by the way. These are things that could have been (can be) done by someone other than law enforcement.

What hits my hinky meter is this:

Wouldn't be the first time that a perp inserted himself into a police investigation.

Mel

RSBM

Possibly, but I was surprised when I read that quote. Someone who spotted the car abandoned and reported it but doesn't know the family or have any other expertise/information isn't someone worth quoting in a news article about their general opinion of the husband's role. He found the car, and thank Goodness for that. I could do without his armchair assessment of the husband.

On the other hand, the article degenerates into talking about people who post their opinions on social media and the writer doesn't appear to know for sure Erin had a miscarriage.

Amateurs. ;D

But I think we are all grateful to the article for FINALLY nailing down where the car was located, and the information about spreading the clues to the winds from the hovering helicopter is insightful.

What hits my hinky meter is this:

BBM The source states that he has a, “weird feeling about the husband.”

Wouldn't be the first time that a perp inserted himself into a police investigation.

Mel

That article was more of an editorial though, in which the author was giving his own opinion. The site seems like more of a news blog site, rather than MSM.

I am wondering if some of you web sleuths know of any cases that are somewhat similar? I found this one case where this woman's car was found but she wasn't. She ended up being found 3 years later but this was in Colorado. The car had all her personal belongings still in it. Amy Ahonen

I also found another story of two hikers that were supposed to go on a trip together. One of the hikers, the male, was found dead but the female was never found. They aren't even sure if she even made it to the park or not. Very strange. Christina Montes

The first story I provided is around the same time frame of Erin's just years earlier. The second is close by in Lake Mead area.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you know of other cases that are similar. I've been trying to search with "missing woman's car found/car of missing woman/woman missing national park" etc.

I am wondering if some of you web sleuths know of any cases that are somewhat similar? I found this one case where this woman's car was found but she wasn't. She ended up being found 3 years later but this was in Colorado. The car had all her personal belongings still in it. Amy Ahonen

I also found another story of two hikers that were supposed to go on a trip together. One of the hikers, the male, was found dead but the female was never found. They aren't even sure if she even made it to the park or not. Very strange. Christina Montes

The first story I provided is around the same time frame of Erin's just years earlier. The second is close by in Lake Mead area.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you know of other cases that are similar. I've been trying to search with "missing woman's car found/car of missing woman/woman missing national park" etc.

On the other hand, there have been a LOT of cases where husbands or dads or couples have lived their lives under suspicion of murder and then the supposed "victim" was found tra la la-ing through life somewhere else, having left on purpose. In some cases the suspects were serving time in prison when the "victim" was located.

Without remains, I don't see how they can prosecute this, whoever it is they suspect.

On the other hand, there have been a LOT of cases where husbands or dads or couples have lived their lives under suspicion of murder and then the supposed "victim" was found tra la la-ing through life somewhere else, having left on purpose. In some cases the suspects were serving time in prison when the "victim" was located.

Without remains, I don't see how they can prosecute this, whoever it is they suspect.

Proceeding with charges, without a body, is not that unusual anymore. But they generally have a crime scene, maybe prior incidents of harm, motive, etc...not just the fact that the person is gone, as well as, of course, no bank or phone activity, use of SS card for jobs or benefits, etc.

But if LE is being truthful about not knowing if a crime occurred...then they should be asking for sightings, etc. I get the feeling they DO have evidence of a crime, as well as a perp...unless they are totally mishandling this case. Jmo

Proceeding with charges, without a body, is not that unusual anymore. But they generally have a crime scene, maybe prior incidents of harm, motive, etc...not just the fact that the person is gone, as well as, of course, no bank or phone activity, use of SS card for jobs or benefits, etc.

But if LE is being truthful about not knowing if a crime occurred...then they should be asking for sightings, etc. I get the feeling they DO have evidence of a crime, as well as a perp...unless they are totally mishandling this case. Jmo

I completely agree.

But, I live in Texas (which I love). But the criminal justice system here is way too trigger happy. I'm really dismayed at how MANY men are being released after spending the better portion of their lives in prison for a crime it turns out they didn't commit. And then they get released and the state has to come up with a dollar figure to compensate them. There is not enough money in the world to make up for someone spending the majority of their life in prison unjustly. The Innocence Project is kept quite busy.

With no REAL evidence, only the thought that it's likely someone committed a crime and now a woman is missing or deceased, I don't have the heart to convict.

Whiterockhorserescueca.org. Story of a horse on 29 palms with lcpl corwin mentioned. FYI. As a new angle.

Maybe a different person? The first name is different in the article, unless they have his first name wrong?
IMOO.

I completely agree.

But, I live in Texas (which I love). But the criminal justice system here is way too trigger happy. I'm really dismayed at how MANY men are being released after spending the better portion of their lives in prison for a crime it turns out they didn't commit. And then they get released and the state has to come up with a dollar figure to compensate them. There is not enough money in the world to make up for someone spending the majority of their life in prison unjustly. The Innocence Project is kept quite busy.

With no REAL evidence, only the thought that it's likely someone committed a crime and now a woman is missing or deceased, I don't have the heart to convict.

Well they may have video of who drove her car, and it may have had her blood in it...we just don't know.

Where is the horse ranch thst she volunteers at compared to the park and the base? It's possible that hubby was not expecting her home because she was volunteering there or going to check on horses....have not heard much about that.

This whole horse ranch thing sounds hinky to me, it's not ringing true at all IMO. I think she threw red herrings at him to buy herself time to exit stage right. I really hope I'm right versus the alternative of her having been harmed. It doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility for an overwhelmed 19 year old who is pregnant to "run away". Maybe she doesn't know how to unwind this given all the attention and press. Hope I'm right.
Speculation only.

This whole horse ranch thing sounds hinky to me, it's not ringing true at all IMO. I think she threw red herrings at him to buy herself time to exit stage right. I really hope I'm right versus the alternative of her having been harmed. It doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility for an overwhelmed 19 year old who is pregnant to "run away". Maybe she doesn't know how to unwind this given all the attention and press. Hope I'm right.
Speculation only.

Erin showed a love for horses and rescues in her hometown in Tennessee long before she went to California. I have worked with military families and I know that the wives get lonely. A lot of them work or volunteer so they keep busy and have a life off the base not only when their husband's are deployed but also when they aren't.

Erin showed a love for horses and rescues in her hometown in Tennessee long before she went to California. I have worked with military families and I know that the wives get lonely. A lot of them work or volunteer so they keep busy and have a life off the base not only when their husband's are deployed but also when they aren't.

Plus there is mention of her hubby on the ranch website (see my earlier post)

They should have (still should be) regularly using the media to ask residents, park and Indian reservation leaders, and businesses within at least a half-hour's driving distance to check every square foot of their own properties. They should have isolated landfill trash as soon as the report was made to make recovering evidence possible. They should have canvassed every home and building on the base, and checked any abandoned homes/properties nearby. Maybe they did all of that, but I don't see it based on publicly available information. I recommended these things and several more (drones to cover the desert - it's a military base), and was promptly blocked from the "Locate Erin" Facebook page. I couldn't find the link again, but a couple of days ago a police spokesperson was asked by a reporter if they'd covered the base thoroughly, and the answer was no (they were focused on the park). I'm wondering if they've even knocked on every door in the neighborhood, and searched the base thoroughly. If they don't find HER, they can find a potential witness. I'm not saying the police are responsible for most of this work, by the way. These are things that could have been (can be) done by someone other than law enforcement.

I couldn't agree more!

BBM

Is this what you were remembering?

Quote from below article:

Mondary said there are no official search efforts on base. He said the “target areas” are in Joshua Tree National Park and other parts of the Morongo Basin, but would not specify where.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Missing-Marine--266469741.html#ixzz377TfTS53

BBM

Quote from below article:

Mondary said there are no official search efforts on base. He said the “target areas” are in Joshua Tree National Park and other parts of the Morongo Basin, but would not specify where.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Missing-Marine--266469741.html#ixzz377TfTS53

Thanks! I looked for that last night. I don't get it. This case is different because of the car (probably not a suicide), but Leanne Bearden was found not too far away after a big search of nearby caves near Austin. Brogan Dulle was found a few yards from his own apartment after searches; both of them were found too late in my opinion. People can be found by analyzing what they were doing and saying before they disappeared, and that is not evidentiary detail that needs to be hidden. Physical evidence blown away by the helicopter or what was found in the car, for example, should be hidden if possible. Something like that might help verify the veracity of a witness statement. Letting the public know what time Erin's phone was working and who she contacted (remotely and in person), whether she had some personal issues (like every other person in the world), and generally "What happened?" before she disappeared might lead to more clues if shared publicly. After a week, and perhaps sooner, I believe the chance for someone to make a mental connection and remember something important drops considerably. Someone directly related to a crime will become less likely to feel confident coming forward if the same very short window of opportunity is missed.

Add: Just to be clear, I don't think someone can predict when a person is going to commit suicide, or even whether that's why a certain person disappears. I'm talking only about finding the person and organizing intelligent search efforts. You have to do some very basic things that in a lot of cases are not done.

RSBM

Possibly, but I was surprised when I read that quote. Someone who spotted the car abandoned and reported it but doesn't know the family or have any other expertise/information isn't someone worth quoting in a news article about their general opinion of the husband's role. He found the car, and thank Goodness for that. I could do without his armchair assessment of the husband.

On the other hand, the article degenerates into talking about people who post their opinions on social media and the writer doesn't appear to know for sure Erin had a miscarriage.

Amateurs. ;D

But I think we are all grateful to the article for FINALLY nailing down where the car was located, and the information about spreading the clues to the winds from the hovering helicopter is insightful.

I, personally, am not putting much stock in that article. Based on earlier information we've read it seems the author was a little confused, i.e., the miscarriage, when mom was coming to visit, etc.

I am wondering if some of you web sleuths know of any cases that are somewhat similar? I found this one case where this woman's car was found but she wasn't. She ended up being found 3 years later but this was in Colorado. The car had all her personal belongings still in it.

There is an author, David Paulides, ex-LEO, who has written several books about missing/disappeared in US and Canadian national parks. He's more on the "abducted perhaps by an alien" side, so I take what he writes with a grain of salt.

I recall a 60-something woman (Nita Mayo) who disappeared 9 years ago, leaving her car parked at an outlook who totally vanished at a California national park. Unsolved to this day. Theories have included she was attacked and dragged away by a mountain lion.

I had an acquaintance from Colfax, CA (Joanne Burmer) who vanished after parking her car while walking up to her boyfriend's cabin in Grass Valley during winter of 1973. We thought at the time the BF probably disappeared her, but no trace was ever found. Case remains open to this day.

So unexplained stuff does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member