GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the other cars fit in? Seen on video cameras at the JTP and the base?
(I am talking about the search warrant cars.)

Wouldn't they need more evidence than just a video of a jeep leaving base and returning to get a search warrant? They had to have probable cause that someone driving the jeep was involved in a felony. I don't think a video would be enough?

Wouldn't they need more evidence than just a video of a jeep leaving base and returning to get a search warrant? They had to have probable cause that someone driving the jeep was involved in a felony. I don't think a video would be enough?

What if the Jeep's owner wasn't the perp or even the driver? What if the red car guy is the perp and he borrowed the Jeep from a buddy to dispose of Erin's body? The Jeep owner wouldn't even have known that's what the guy was using his Jeep to do. I think others have said that the Jeep would have 4WD and we know a small sedan can't handle rugged terrain.

Note to self....do not take kids to JT. One of them WILL get lost in a mine.

Random....I know I'm on here too much. Took my kids to the beach today and it's insanely foggy. Texted husband to tell him it would be easy to murder someone...no witnesses.

I have friends who work for HLN and a lot of times they will do things to add to the drama :)

Of course they do. B-o-r-i-n-g doesn't sell on T.V. Crazy ex-prosecutors that look like the wicked-witch-of-the-west is apparently what sells cable subscriptions.

Random....I know I'm on here too much. Took my kids to the beach today and it's insanely foggy. Texted husband to tell him it would be easy to murder someone...no witnesses.

I say stuff like that all the time. :( Man, you could bury someone out here and no one would ever know.

Has anyone seen actual copies of the search warrants? I know in the CBS8 article there is a listing with a very brief description of what they contained.

Reason I ask, is there seems to be some discussion about giving them permission to search in the dark. Does that just mean, since the warrants were issued around midnight, the searchers wouldn't then have to wait to execute them the next business day - thus giving suspects an extra 9 hours to dispose of evidence? The warrants were issued within 36 hours of her being reported missing - a time when hours are critical and suspects could reasonably still be doing major clean up/disposal of evidence.

I wonder how many times Erin has gone back home to TN for visits since moving to CA?

Oh no, there are signs all over the Park saying don't go in the mines. You should def take the kids there! I grew up within walking distance of the Park and I just love it.

Has anyone seen actual copies of the search warrants? I know in the CBS8 article there is a listing with a very brief description of what they contained.

Reason I ask, is there seems to be some discussion about giving them permission to search in the dark. Does that just mean, since the warrants were issued around midnight, the searchers wouldn't then have to wait to execute them the next business day - thus giving suspects an extra 9 hours to dispose of evidence? The warrants were issued within 36 hours of her being reported missing - a time when hours are critical and suspects could reasonably still be doing major clean up/disposal of evidence.

I thought the "night search" was odd also until I realized the judge signed the warrants a little after midnight on July 1st. So I gather they wanted to search immediately......the article speaks to the times

the "meat" of the search warrants are sealed

Yes, nursebeame posted them a page or so back.

Oh no, there are signs all over the Park saying don't go in the mines. You should def take the kids there! I grew up within walking distance of the Park and I just love it.

Mine are little explorers who can't read yet! We almost went two years ago while we were in California. When they get older....

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

links on left side

If a person is the last to be seen with a missing person and if they can't keep their stories straight, or provide an true alibi, etc...if a number of things like that occur, it could lead to an arrest. Depends on the LE agency...some will make arrests without locating a victim, some won't. But in this case, without a crime scene presumably (i.e no blood. Etc), it would be a tough sell to a prosecutor, Imo.

Well, there are some popular trails not near any mines that are much safer then for adventurous kids ;)

I was hoping Jean would do an interview with Beasley or someone else since Nancy is not on there. Not sure why old footage of the BTK killer is on there.

Are apartments d and f next to each other? Or is one on top of the other? Where is E in relation?

The judge agreed to seal all four probable cause affidavits associated with the warrants.

In requesting the sealing order, Sheriff’s Detective Bryan Zierdt wrote, “The warrants sought pursuant to this affidavit relate to an ongoing investigation of felony offenses, and it is expected that additional search warrants will be sought relating to this matter.”

“If information contained in this affidavit were made available to any alleged co-conspirators, and/or media outlets, the destruction of potential evidence would occur,” Zierdt wrote.

The attachments to the search warrants were not sealed, however.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

I also found it interesting in listening to the unedited interview with Beasley that the REPORTER used the term "rendezvous" first.

I did not hear him say "red" hair during the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx