GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge agreed to seal all four probable cause affidavits associated with the warrants.

In requesting the sealing order, Sheriff’s Detective Bryan Zierdt wrote, “The warrants sought pursuant to this affidavit relate to an ongoing investigation of felony offenses, and it is expected that additional search warrants will be sought relating to this matter.”

“If information contained in this affidavit were made available to any alleged co-conspirators, and/or media outlets, the destruction of potential evidence would occur,” Zierdt wrote.

The attachments to the search warrants were not sealed, however.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

I also found it interesting in listening to the unedited interview with Beasley that the REPORTER used the term "rendezvous" first.

I did not hear him say "red" hair during the interview.

That stands to reason. The man doesn't seem like "rendezvous" is how he would describe that. ;D

I have never reported a post, but I think I may have! What happens when one hits that little triangle? I am so used to "thanks" being there! Does it just alert a mod or what?

the triangle = report a post

did u type anything in the little box? A mod may have been alerted......

I'm sorry......but your post made me smile

I believe LE was simply stating how LARGE some of the mines are that they are searching....not that they thought that a car was actually driven into the mine. (There have been some instances where cars have been driven into mines in the past.) But I could be wrong.

Sorry to quote myself...wanted to add this: When those unfortunate souls referenced above drove their car into the mine, they did not drive it back out (it had to be removed carefully with a crane or such.)

What if the Jeep's owner wasn't the perp or even the driver? What if the red car guy is the perp and he borrowed the Jeep from a buddy to dispose of Erin's body? The Jeep owner wouldn't even have known that's what the guy was using his Jeep to do. I think others have said that the Jeep would have 4WD and we know a small sedan can't handle rugged terrain.

Yes, that is a possibility. But they would still need more than just video of the jeep leaving the base and returning for a search warrant, no? (if it did, indeed, originate on the base)

The Perp could come up with some plausible excuses as to why they were sitting in the car chatting.
Without a body, they need strong DNA evidence to convict, a witness, or a confession. I'm sure they are working to assemble a case that can result in a conviction before they arrest.

MOO

This is exactly what I have been saying to myself these last few days. The LE is building the case, that's why it's so quiet. I still pray that Erin is alive, but I know in my heart what the end will be.

Yes, that is a possibility. But they would still need more than just video of the jeep leaving the base and returning for a search warrant, no? (if it did, indeed, originate on the base)

Yes, they would need more than video I think for probable cause. I think they have been interviewing the red car guy's friends and trying to figure out where red car guy was all weekend and with whom he spent time or asked for favors.

What if the Jeep's owner wasn't the perp or even the driver? What if the red car guy is the perp and he borrowed the Jeep from a buddy to dispose of Erin's body? The Jeep owner wouldn't even have known that's what the guy was using his Jeep to do. I think others have said that the Jeep would have 4WD and we know a small sedan can't handle rugged terrain.

Now THIS is a #1/#2 story that I can follow! The person who knows her harms her and then tries to frame/link someone who does not know her at all to the crime. Except wouldn't that person tell the police who borrowed his jeep? Or is this where the "I know something about you so keep quiet" piece of the story comes in?

No box came up so maybe it didn't do anything. I am so tired that I'm half blind~:blushing:

I think you're good. You have to hit submit and it reminds you what the grounds are for reporting a post if you do.

The thanks button and the alert button were right next to each other when the new format went live a week or so ago. I'm always so scared to hit the alert by mistake too.

He had red hair?

Witness says he would talk a polygraph.

What? You mean Jane has this man on and practically calls him a liar?

Why would she think he needs to take a polygraph test?

Has the police said they think this man is lying?

This is one of the many reasons I no longer watch Jane or Nancy.

They think they have the power to intimidate people when they do not.

She should be thankful that he appeared on her show so it can boost her ratings.

IMO

This is exactly what I have been saying to myself these last few days. The LE is building the case, that's why it's so quiet. I still pray that Erin is alive, but I know in my heart what the end will be.

They're searching in Joshua Tree Park for a woman who was last seen at 10 a.m. exchanging cars just off of the base, and they didn't appear to remember the witnesses who saw her there.

I'm not sure they're "building their case" on rational thought.

Why are we using #1, & #2, rather than married boyfriend/Marine and friend/other man, especially when we're not using names, not even initials??? I'm new to this case and having a really hard time following who's who and what's going on.

I'm skimming through rather quickly, and if I remember correctly, someone had asked or noticed the night service box was checked, and didn't know what that meant.

Under normal circumstances, search warrants are not to be served after 10pm. It's the law, intending to have some type of reasonable expectation of privacy and from unreasonable searches. If LE wants to serve a search warrant after 10pm, the judge must approve of night service.

Here's a brief summary that helps explain it better than me:

http://www.defendca.com/blog/between-what-hours-may-warrant-be-served-in-california/

Are apartments d and f next to each other? Or is one on top of the other? Where is E in relation?

I was wondering the same thing! I used to live in an apartment labeled "H" and it wasn't next to or on top of G or I. It was in a whole separate building, the "H" building. Do we have any more info about how the housing is set up? Would it help in finding her now?

So are they saying the Beasleys gave their statement to LE, and SOMEHOW the contact go between for the family had no idea of this extremely important witness statement? ??? That just seems so odd.

It doesn't seem odd to me Jeanna. The police are not going to divulge things anyway they are trying to keep quiet. And Erin is married so if they discussed it with anyone it was probably with Jon, her husband, and next of kin.

They are trying to do this investigation as quietly as they can. The less anyone knows about what they have.......the better. They probably know the person in 'the red car' is listening and reading as much as he can about the case.

The news station got wind of the witness somehow and went to them and of course there is nothing the police can do to prevent him from talking because Mr. Beasley has a right to speak to anyone that he wishes to speak with.

Since they evidently took computers from the searched apartments it will be interesting if they were linking on to local news sites often to see if anything was mentioned about Erin being missing.

I remember when they took Cesar Lauren's computer they found that he had constantly gone to the JacksonvilleNews site to see if anybody had reported Maria Lauterbach missing.

IMO

What? You mean Jane has this man on and practically calls him a liar?

Why would she think he needs to take a polygraph test?

Has the police said they think this man is lying?

This is one of the many reasons I no longer watch Jane or Nancy.

They think they have the power to intimidate people when they do not.

She should be thankful that he appeared on her show so it can boost her ratings.

IMO

Jane said people on her FB are questioning his story and would he be willing to take it. I think he is very believable.
The witness says he feels the police believe him. If they have video on the 28th of Erin in a hat, sunglasses, and a ponytail then that should seal the deal as far as the police know he is being truthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx