GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to how easy it would have been to carry, drag and dispose of a body in broad daylight I have wondered for awhile if LE has some indication that the person who is responsible has access to a 4 wheel drive vehicle. They are searching in some pretty remote areas and in areas in which you would need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to access. With a 4 wheel drive vehicle you could have access to hundreds of hundreds of mine openings, between JT and the mines in the adjacent mountains, that you could get extremely close to with the right vehicle. LE stated that they were looking for car tire tracks but didn't indicate if those tracks were from Erin's car tires or another car's tires. Some, if not most, of the locations they have been searching aren't accessible driving a Toyota Corolla.

My second thought was, perhaps he wasn't carrying or dragging a dead body but was close enough to a mine opening with Erin still alive.

MOO.

Here is the link to the before mentioned article: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news.../07/14/search-erin-corwin-continues/12614891/

Some are on all-terrain vehicles but most are on foot, ferried in and out of designated search areas by a sheriff's helicopter.

"We're looking for any clues and evidence ... that indicates Mrs. Corwin was in the area," Lane said. Evidence such as tire tracks and footprints, he said.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SheriBerry

If someone did do something to Erin, I find it difficult to believe that in broad daylight (perhaps the peak time of the park with people trying to beat the heat) they would easily carry or drag a body through the park with intentions of disposing of her. That would take gall. I can't shake the feeling that something happened to her the night before, at or after the party.

Now this right here, this is compelling. I'm starting to have me some second thoughts.

See? That, right there, has been roaming around in my head since yesterday.
I sat down for after dinner coffee with Mr. Amity last night and he asked me if there was anything 'NEW' about the Erin case.
Of course that started a very lengthy discussion (not only was JT my old stomping grounds it was husband's too).
We both had the same thoughts but hadn't expressed them verbally to each other the couple times we spoke of this case the past week.

1. Is there anyone else, besides her husband, that can corroborate the story that she left her home at 7:00 am ? Why couldn't she have left, at say...... midnight? Two in the morning? Ten o'clock the night before?

2. Yes, we know she spoke with her mother for over an hour the night before she disappeared but how do we know she was home when she spoke to her mom? I am hoping phone records show if Erin was or was not at home when she spoke with her mother.
I admit to telling a falsehood to someone when they've called. When asked where I was, I told them I was at the grocery store. Long story.
Who is to say the same wasn't going on with Erin when she spoke with her mom?

Dirt bikes, dune buggies, Jeeps and such are able to go off-road in desert areas in the southwest. Can someone do that at Joshua Tree? And are there places where you can rent those kinds of vehicles?

"Mountain bikes and 4-wheel-drive vehicles are welcome in the park. For your own safety and for the protection of natural features, stay on established roads. Tire tracks on the open desert can last for years and will spoil the wilderness experience of future visitors. Off-road vehicles and all-terrain vehicles may not be used in the park."

Source: http://www.nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/backcountry-roads.htm

Maybe the people on JVM aren't morning people? To me that's ridiculously too early and I'd rather visit the desert in the fall than be going at 7am, but I do know morning people who might even think 7am was late. Do we know what Erin's normally like in terms of hours? Does she typically go to bed early and get up early?
I'm not a morning person either, but I can be when I have to get up for something like that. I've been hiking in Joshua Tree many years ago.

Someone might have been feeling pretty bad around January 21st. I feel BAD for them.

Where did you get the information about this other marine?

When any reference was made to her having an affair, whether FB post or the radio link, it stated it was with a married Marine. If the affair info is true, it would stand to reason the "married" part would be true but who knows. All affair talk included it being with a married Marine.

When any reference was made to her having an affair, whether FB post or the radio link, it stated it was with a married Marine. If the affair info is true, it would stand to reason the "married" part would be true but who knows. All affair talk included it being with a married Marine.

www.z1077fm.com/search-for-erin-corwin-continues/

This article is from today

That's the only info I have seen about a possible affair.

:modstop:

If you have a problem with a post, alert it and scroll past it.

Do not tell others how to post.

Salem

Hey all NG on HLN will cover the case today

Me too. That's why I'm not willing to go there. Erin is a victim. She may never be able to speak to her truth. If it is true whatever in terms of a crime. So much is so hinky. The last person to see a missing person is never off my radar.

Absolutely, and that is a given. I've never bought into the whole "he is so nice, no way he could've done it" argument that often pervades these kinds of threads/cases. Fact is, we don't know most of the facts, and we've seen other purportedly 'nice' people do some pretty horrendous things. I do, however, think that discussing a linked article that alleges an affair with a married marine is perfectly in bounds for speculation, and that no one on here - at least that I've seen - is passing moral judgments on Erin or defaming her for doing what countless men and women do everyday, rightly or wrongly. We are simply adding another plausible scenario to the mix of other plausible scenarios. It's merely another dynamic to the case and nothing more.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member