GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there must be some substance to the rumors. I can't see LE being able to get search warrants for my neighbors' cars, for example, if I went missing, unless there was a good reason. Jmo

Indeed. Obtaining a search warrant isn't the easiest thing to do. LE has to petition a judge and make a compelling case that a warrant is both relevant and necessary. This process isn't like it is on TV, where one is obtained during a commercial break. It is rather cumbersome from what I understand.

I don't know about stats...I think it was an opinion that being in certain situations can be more dangerous than not being in them, Jmo. We've seen young women vanish after wild partying nights (Kortne, Lauren) and then there is Heather E. who seems to have been murdered by her married lover/ex-lover and wife. My take on those posts was that certain circumstances can make one more prone to being a victim. And certainly, LE looks at victimology. I have even heard them to refer to some victims as "true victims" meaning they were not in any situation or affiliated with any people that would possibly put them in danger.

We don't know if Erin was involved in anything that could have endangered her. We don't even know if she is a victim right now. But in any case, she is a victim as far as WS is concerned, Imo. No hard evidence to show otherwise.

All jmo

This post - :cheers: - no matter what my opinion has been on any case such as, lets say I stick up for a suspect who has a past record but the evidence hasn't been revealed so I believe it is too early to convict (but everyone else sounds sure he's the perp) or, maybe I believed it was the husband who is guilty because I'm aware of statistics and heard the couple was in the midst of splitting up, or, I decide it must be some mysterious awful thing within a victim's family because the brother acts weird (tho I wasn't there just going by what is reported), ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME I TRY TO TAKE A SIDE/LEANING (especially when there's been little evidence released in the case), IT BACKFIRES ON ME! We just don't know without being privy to the evidence ourselves. Some times rumors do surface that end up being part of the story but that's in hindsight.

For these reasons, I try to walk the fence while we are waiting for a break in the case.
Remember the young lady who worked in a Veterinarian clinic who went missing, left her dog behind, and was found wandering around Florida? Her car was found days earlier in a parking lot. I never would have predicted that happy outcome. Wonder how she's doing today? Anyway, we speculated up and down and all around on that case as we do surrounding almost all cases.

All that said, some of the husband cases are quite clear from the beginning imo. Even then, there must be a trial first before we hear all the evidence.

Uh oh, has there been new info released on Erin's case?

Imo, what LE has said is the opposite of what they have done. They say Erin's disappearance is not being treated as criminal, yet they issue search warrants within three days of her going missing. They say she is simply a missing person but seemed to have been searching for her body for weeks. So Imo, when they say they have no POI's or suspects, it may well mean the opposite. Jmo

this post - :cheers: - no matter what my opinion has been on any case such as, lets say i stick up for a suspect who has a past record but the evidence hasn't been revealed so i believe it is too early to convict (but everyone else sounds sure he's the perp) or, maybe i believed it was the husband who is guilty because i'm aware of statistics and heard the couple was in the midst of splitting up, or, i decide it must be some mysterious awful thing within a victim's family because the brother acts weird (tho i wasn't there just going by what is reported), almost every single time i try to take a side/leaning (especially when there's been little evidence released in the case), it backfires on me! We just don't know without being privy to the evidence ourselves. Some times rumors do surface that end up being part of the story but that's in hindsight.

For these reasons, i try to walk the fence while we are waiting for a break in the case.
Remember the young lady who worked in a veterinarian clinic who went missing, left her dog behind, and was found wandering around florida? Her car was found days earlier in a parking lot. I never would have predicted that happy outcome. Wonder how she's doing today? Anyway, we speculated up and down and all around on that case as we do surrounding almost all cases.

All that said, some of the husband cases are quite clear from the beginning imo. Even then, there must be a trial first before we hear all the evidence.

uh oh, has there been new info released on erin's case?

bbm

??

Unfortunately it happens time and time again. There are individuals that have sat and rotted in cells for years and ended up being completely innocent. They may have been instructed to keep quiet and for good reason. I will explain later when and if this case is resolved.

I get what you're saying. Depends on state law about libel, tho.

Just read the Morgan Ingram case (LOL if you dare)
Morgan died, most likely by suicide, but her mother has a blog where she flat out accuses 2 teenagers of breaking into her house and murdering Morgan. By name. If you even enter their name in google....it links to them being murderers.
Those kids tried to sue. Actaully, they just tried to get her to stop. It didnt work. Colorado has some funky laws about libel suits.

Ugh. i just spent 15 minutes reading through her mother's website. I pray for peace for the mother, although that may only be achievable through anti-psychotic medications.

The picture of the apts and the red car is located at this site: http://usmclife.com/bases/29-palms-california/military-housing/military-housing-condor/slide9-4/

It seems that the media has been using this picture, and it may not even be the location of the Corwin & neighbors' apartments. At the top of the picture it has 'Jasmine' and a triangle that has '2B' inside it.
Thank you, and all the others, who pointed out the photograph is not a current one, nor do the automobiles in the driveways have anything to do with the Corwins. Didn't Erin move there in October 2013??!! This photo is at least 3 years old from what I have read.

Perhaps now we can put the photograph to rest?

Well If the witness is telling the truth it might depend on the prosecutor.

I remember reading in "Outrage" by Vincent Bugliosi that Marcia Clark refused to call a witness that could place Simpson (in his white bronco) mere blocks from Bundy street at the time of the murders because she sold her story. Bugliosi said he would have still called her but that he would have established up front that she HAD sold the story and not allowed the defense to use that against the witness.

Mel

BBM. That's exactly why I was wondering.

I think there must be some substance to the rumors. I can't see LE being able to get search warrants for my neighbors' cars, for example, if I went missing, unless there was a good reason. Jmo

Sounds to me like CL fits Beasley's description of being 5'9".

Hey everybody - we are going to hold the line on CL at this point in time. Please discuss only what has been released in MSM and remember LE says he is NOT a POI/Suspect, so any speculation needs a link.

Thanks,

Salem

Bumping...

Just a reminder... CL is not a suspect or person of interest in this case until or unless law enforcement says otherwise he is not discussable as such.

Sounds to me like CL fits Beasley's description of being 5'9".

Height is about right but hair color seems off. MB says light, CL's looks dark to me. But, if it is really short it would be harder to tell what color it is.

IRR is a status given to a service member that is coming off active duty service and has not fulfilled their complete service obligation. EX: Say one enlists for 6 years, but separates at 4, then they would owe 2 years in the IRR. They are not paid, but they are required to keep their uniforms, an ID card (which entitles them to certain privileges), and stay in touch with the proper authorities as to what their address/contact info is. IRR members could be called up in an emergency or if one holds a needed specialty or skill at a certain time deemed necessary by the proper authority.

The guy, CL, fulfilled his six year contract. This IRR arrangement is rather new (since Sept. '11, I believe).

My husband, even after he retired, was aware he could be called up again at any time. Now, he's too old (I hope!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Reserve

This link explains the Reserves (what most people think when they hear 'Reserves') where soldiers, who are in "The Reserves", train one weekend every month and for two weeks every year. These individuals receive pay for being trained and must be ready to be called up when needed.

The IRR group of soldiers has fulfilled their enlisted obligations but may be called up again and agree they are willing and able. It's as if they've formalized a system for prior enlisted that retired soldiers, those who have served a minimum of 20 years, have always known is a possibility. It sounds like the IRR gives benefits that others have spent 20 years of service for the same privileges. I'll have to think about it more but it kind of ticks me off (yet one has to go with the changes I guess). That is, if the post above is correct and applies to IRR soldiers. (I know the benefits for "The Reserves" have been increased since 9-11, and most of them deserve them.)

But, I heard so much moaning and groaning in the beginning when some reserves were called up that I wondered what the heck they had been thinking - like they were going to train, get paid but never have to put the training to good use?
Now, if one signs up for the Reserves, they should understand what might be coming to them.

[/b]

bbm

??

I see what you're asking but I haven't any idea why that last line is bbm cuz I didn't do it.
I got excited though because I thought I saw a post that indicated new news. There is new news but nothing concrete - boo.

Then, it turned out my post kind of fits because we still don't know if LE uncovered evidence of anything.

Plume, did you bold the last line in my post? I'm confused. Anyway, I'm trying to catch up and don't know anything everyone else knows or doesn't know - ha!

If this case resembles Heather E.'s at all, I hope it is not the same in having no signs of Erin after seven + months, as it is with Heather. Yes, they have charged people with her murder, but still no sign of her body or indication of what happened to her.

I see what you're asking but I haven't any idea why that last line is bbm cuz I didn't do it.
I got excited though because I thought I saw a post that indicated new news. There is new news but nothing concrete - boo.

Then, it turned out my post kind of fits because we still don't know if LE uncovered evidence of anything.

Plume, did you bold the last line in my post? I'm confused. Anyway, I'm trying to catch up and don't know anything everyone else knows or doesn't know - ha!

Yes, I bolded it. That's why I wrote bbm.

Adding: Oh, so you are saying that you wrote it but didn't bold it. I thought you saw new news that is why I had the "??".

I was asking what you meant by uh oh.

You're right. It's a numbers game. imagine the whole population then remove all of the people who are having affairs, or who've had a fight with a coworker in the last week, or stereo/etc. wars with the neighbors, bitter fueds with in-laws, those who are going through a nasty divorce, or who owe someone other than a bank a large sum of money, who are dealing with negotiations (unions, shipping, bidding), who've voluntarily disappeared for stretches of time, or are living at risk lifestyles, any who've attempted suicide, and all the domestic abuse cases. After all of that, there are very few people left who's disappearance would definitely indicate a random act. But there are a lot more random acts than that in this world.

Funny you should mention the point about stereo wars with neighbors. That thought actually crossed my mind but I thought, 'nah, much too petty to harm somebody over'. Isn't it?
<modsnip>

Yes, I bolded it. That's why I wrote bbm.

Adding: Oh, so you are saying that you wrote it but didn't bold it. I thought you saw new news that is why I had the "??".

I was asking what you meant by uh oh.

LOL! I know, I figured that out afterward as I haven't seen that in a long time for some reason - lol!
I'm losing it. Plus, the bold is so unbold I hardly recognized it. :thinking: :gaah:

To explain, I was posting and scrolled down only one post and saw a link indicating some new news had been released that I hadn't read yet (but was just about to post the post I had been working on). Glad I didn't leave the house today. Make sense though?

We EAS'D in Mar06 and IRR was the same, even before that &#128522; we had a friend who got out and promptly gained 100 lbs... can't say we never prank called him telling he was getting reactivated, which was a real concept in those days of the war.

LOL! I know, I figured that out afterward as I haven't seen that in a long time for some reason - lol!
I'm losing it. Plus, the bold is so unbold I hardly recognized it. :thinking: :gaah:

To explain, I was posting and scrolled down only one post and saw a link indicating some new news had been released that I hadn't read yet (but was just about to post the post I had been working on). Glad I didn't leave the house today. Make sense though?

I forgot to capitalize my BBM. I bad! I am on the couch icing my meniscus tear (knee) so I think it may have given me a brain freeze. :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean