GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The body if an adult female was also found under some brush in La Habra. It had been there at least a week. Someone posted the link on the previous page. Sorry. Can't post links from my phone.

Lots of places I could see finding a body and it possibly being her, but La Habra seems like a very tough 'sell' to me.

He'd have to have either killed her a whole lot closer to there (and sold her on how it was they were going hunting in an area that's very populated AND a distance away - if he'd not had the hunting story it'd have maybe been a smidge less improbable) or else been transporting a body a considerable distance (2-ish hours), and a good chunk of it through a very populated area with a lot of traffic.

East of the 215 or the 15 I could see being a general 'boundary' of possibility where a female body located might be more feasible as being Erin, but I just think the distance/population almost necessarily rules out the La Habra body being her.

Especially since it's not like it was even a particularly obscured location - a carport with some brush around it. She'd have to have been alive for some time or it'd have been there long before now or else the body would be very decomposed and it'd have been located not long after showing up there by a resident, especially with the temperatures we've had. And if it were her, given the heat and the time, I don't think the person who happened on it would have been able to tell it was obviously a female.

We've had several in the surrounding area that haven't even hit the news yet the last few weeks, let alone any public identification, that I think are far more likely.

I'm just so grateful they were able to rule out the Newberry Springs remains as not being Erin so quickly. Interesting, though, that they've ruled Erin out and said they've been there more than a year, they have NOT indicated they are from the remains found quite nearby just down the street, and I suspect they'd have been able to connect those if from the same as quickly as they ruled Erin out.

Actually, I guess I'm most grateful people are being observant - especially in the desert area - as they may well be the ones who locate her.

The potato gun was found in a car.
I wonder if it was red?

The potato gun was found in a car.
I wonder if it was red?

The potato gun or the car? :thinking: :)

Wow! A lot of details have come out today. Wouldn't you know it would be a day I tried to get some things done around here!

The red car is very confusing! I really bought the witness's account of the red car but am having trouble figuring out how it ties in.

So did the friend come forth with that info? If the officer couldn't say if they had obtained cell pings and calls, texts etc, then why do they stay in the desert? He can't or don't know if she had her phone when she left, but it was deactivated shortly after she left with Lee. Round and round we go.

Reportedly her phone was turned off. However nothing has been mentioned about his phone.

I feel so bad for her poor husband. Imagine having to have all this known to everyone right in the middle of your wife being missing/probably dead? He has to live all this in the public eye. Poor guy.

RE..red car

What if..the woman Beasley saw getting into the red car wasn't Erin or anyone connected to the case. Is it possible ..a couple riding in a red car, saw Erin's car sitting off the side of the road and stopped to see if someone needed assistance . The women, wearing a ball cap and glasses and holding her cellphone in her hand. She gets out of the red car and looks in Erin's car to see if she sees anything ? Beasley is driving by at the moment and sees the woman walking away from Erin's car with something in her hand , Beasley assumes are her keys but it's actually her phone . The woman and man sit in the red car, discussing if the car looks abandoned or just ran out of gas , should they report it , etc . Then drive off to where ever they were headed , not knowing the car belongs to a missing woman since the Missing persons report would not be filed till Sunday morning . On the 30th, news breaks Erin's car was found.. later that evening or next day, the couple see the news report and contact the police about seeing the car on Saturday.

It doesn't explain the one set of footprints or tire tracks.. but would explain why the initial police contact with Beasley was overlooked ?

BBM

Ah, but would a she have been shot too?

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking me Unsolved.

This seems pretty cut and dried to me and another sad tragic case where a married man murdered his pregnant lover.

Thank goodness Erin texted her friend that she was meeting with CL that morning. It really seems very early on they were very suspicious of CL and now we know why.

I just think its logical he is the one behind all of this. He is the one that has the 10 spent bullet casings for a .40 caliber handgun. He is the one that apparently cannot or wont produce the handgun in question that matches the bullet casing. This shows guilt all over him from head to toe, imo.

And saying he only kissed her is ridiculous. No wonder his story to LE had major inconsistencies. I think they already knew a lot about him before he was even interviewed. I am sure the phone was ringing off the hook at the police station with people calling telling them that Erin was having an affair with CL. And then he stupidly denied it and I imagine he tried to deny everything trying to cover up that he had murdered Erin.

I don't really know if he had an accomplice after he had killed her ( I doubt it) but IMO, he is the only one involved in the actual murder of this young woman.

IMO

RE..red car

What if..the woman Beasley saw getting into the red car wasn't Erin or anyone connected to the case. Is it possible ..a couple riding in a red car, saw Erin's car sitting off the side of the road and stopped to see if someone needed assistance . The women, wearing a ball cap and glasses and holding her cellphone in her hand. She gets out of the red car and looks in Erin's car to see if she sees anything ? Beasley is driving by at the moment and sees the woman walking away from Erin's car with something in her hand , Beasley assumes are her keys but it's actually her phone . The woman and man sit in the red car, discussing if the car looks abandoned or just ran out of gas , should they report it , etc . Then drive off to where ever they were headed , not knowing the car belongs to a missing woman since the Missing persons report would not be filed till Sunday morning . On the 30th, news breaks Erin's car was found.. later that evening or next day, the couple see the news report and contact the police about seeing the car on Saturday.

It doesn't explain the one set of footprints or tire tracks.. but would explain why the initial police contact with Beasley was overlooked ?

That could be. Or, someone connected could have gone to the car to get something. But, again, it doesn't explain the one set of footprints/tire tracks.

So....Erin supposedly left at 7 AM to go to JTNP and CL says he was there at 7:30 AM. I'm thinking the eye witness who saw the vehicle at 10 AM saw a woman other than Erin. JMO.

The potato gun or the car? :thinking: :)

Wow! A lot of details have come out today. Wouldn't you know it would be a day I tried to get some things done around here!

The red car is very confusing! I really bought the witness's account of the red car but am having trouble figuring out how it ties in.
I meant the car.

The red car account has me perplexed too. Although the newest article didn't specificly say so, it didn't sound like there were any additional tire tracks besides the jeep.

Sleuthers, add to this if you have ideas!
Possibilities:
1. Red herring- give suspect a false sense of confidence
2. The hunting trip was a complete lie told to EC, and the perp shot EC in the car or jeep and then disposed of her in JTNP.
so were the "supposed" red car witnesses the "red" herrings? starting to sound that way after reading the article about the jeep....p.s. I wish there was a light bulb turning on emoticon ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking me Unsolved.

This seems pretty cut and dried to me and another sad tragic case where a married man murdered his pregnant lover.

Thank goodness Erin texted her friend that she was meeting with CL that morning. It really seems very early on they were very suspicious of CL and now we know why.

I just think its logical he is the one behind all of this. He is the one that has the 10 spent bullet casings for a .40 caliber handgun. He is the one that apparently cannot or wont produce the handgun in question that matches the bullet casing. This shows guilt all over him from head to toe, imo.

And saying he only kissed her is ridiculous. No wonder his story to LE had major inconsistencies. I think they already knew a lot about him before he was even interviewed. I am sure the phone was ringing off the hook at the police station with people calling telling them that Erin was having an affair with CL. And then he stupidly denied it and I imagine he tried to deny everything trying to cover up that he had murdered Erin.

I don't really know if he had an accomplice after he had killed her ( I doubt it) but IMO, he is the only one involved in the actual murder of this young woman.

IMO

I think people are questioning whether CL's wife may have been involved as well.

I'm curious about the 10 casings found in CL's car. I just can't imagine he shot her in the car and didn't clean up afterwards. So does that mean he took the casings off the ground and put them in the jeep? Given the trouble they're having finding Erin, that seems like it was a pretty dumb thing to do. Of course, no one ever called CL smart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3