GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About "missing something in the garage": they lived in apartments. They dont have a separate private garage right? So missing something would just mean inside the car.
A picture of the apartments shows each one had a garage. I'd link the pic, but I have no clue where I saw it.

Again, this is part of the military sub-culture. Marriages and pregnancies often occur between young people -- teenagers really -- who are probably not in the best position in life to be doing either. This is because they have safety nets in place that most civilians their age don't have -- a paycheck guaranteed by contract, free health insurance, free housing, partial food allowances (for the military member) and all of the other income-based social services your or I might qualify for. Granted, kids are still very expensive, but those are four pretty big hurdles that are cleared straight from the get-go, so being young, immature and live-for-the-moment, they don't worry too much about the next 18+ years and they get married and have babies in a kind-of nonchalant fashion. I don't want to use the word 'rampant' but adultery happens A LOT. Pregnancies by people other than your legal spouse aren't frequent, but they aren't unheard of, either. I have to assume that EC had a lot pie-in-the-sky ideas about running off with CL, that he may not have shared. She was 19. 19. That's REALLY young. He could have been going right along with those ideas, knowing he was getting ready to EAS and move to Alaska and he'd never have to deal with her again. The pregnancy probably complicated that and he may have led her to believe he was happy, just to keep her connected to him so he could resolve the problem. It's also not unheard of for military wives to try to pass a baby off as their spouse's when they realize their plans with their beloved aren't going to pan out. This all sounds very "Maury-ish" but I guess when you live it on a daily basis, it's not so scandalous or strange.

MOO.

This scenario applies to some people I'm sure. Stereotyping the victim isn't cool though. Just because it can happen or has happened or could happen, doesn't mean that was in the heart and mind of Erin Corwin.
From reports we've read about Erin up until this point, she was a young lady in love with her husband. I'm uncomfortable lumping the bad decisions stereotype on her before there's proof of it. Maybe she pushed CL away and that ticked him off.
I'm confused about the report that Erin told Jon she was pg again on Father's Day (he would assume with his baby) if she knew there was a possibility the baby wasn't his. Because, (and an alive Jon knows this), if J and E were having relations (even if she had a one time or ongoing thing with CL), there is no way she'd know who fathered the baby this early.

To text a friend in TN that she's going on a special outing to "celebrate" her pregnancy with an affair guy seems plain stupid (not due to youth). I presume Erin knew/knows right from wrong just like most of us (sinners) do. In order to make sense of this, I'd have to know there was serious ongoing trouble between J and E and that they were emotionally and physically estranged. Young people can be monogamous when they value what they have - everyone doesn't throw away what is important to them just because they are young (even while in the military).

Personally, in today's day and age (versus my mother's time who is a beautiful 80 yy!), it is better to wait awhile before starting a family. Taking time to know yourself and have the freedom to experience life unencumbered is a better route imo.
Once that boundary has been crossed though, I believe many young people try their best to rise to the occasion of their commitments. For this reason, I'd like to know more about J and E (not just rumor info based on possibility). People who have been victims of rumor must know how it feels to be judged because someone else was jealous or wants to bring you down in order to elevate themselves. For example, if NL felt threatened by Erin that alone could be cause of something bad happening (due to the lesser encounter - if Erin and CL really had only kissed. That may have grown into a big issue as far as NL was concerned and she let her imagination take over.)

I prefer to error on the side of caution. CL, being older and more experienced, may have put pressure on Erin and she may have been tested (or succumbed), especially in light of the horse ranch connection, but more needs to be understood about how far it went and for how long, etc. CL may have been working Erin while, at the same time, the reality of life (the ho-hums) were beginning to surface in her life - yet her and Jon's marriage was still so young. (????)

what still bothers me is that there was no mention at all anywhere on WRHR's website of one of their own volunteer/worker's disappearance....nada!! not a blip.... not even a " so & so who has a horse & volunteers here is missing, if you have any info please call *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX"....not even during the video.... "she WAS very quiet" is all I heard about EC from IM on the video.....if there was an emoticon holding it's nose I'd post it right here!! IM cared more about a ceramic donkey putting out a small post about it on the WRHR website BEFORE EC went missing I might add.....http://www.whiterockhorserescueca.org/2014/05/why-why-kill-donkey.html

It's possible that their website is done by a volunteer, is generally pretty static, or is done by a contractor and the main people don't know how to maintain/update it. They are a non-profit, I doubt they have full time tech support

Perhaps IM did go to LE immediately. Could they have hoped NL and CL would continue to talk and reveal more info since NL seemed to trust her?

If I were going to disappear someone in the Twentynine Palms area, I'd head east. It's incredibly desolate out there. You can drive for hours and not see a single car. (Old Route 66 is out that way.) If she is out that way, they very well might never find her. I'm very curious about the JTNP searches.

I agree. My husband and I were on a road trip one time and went for HOURS without seeing anyone when we were driving out that way. We started to wonder if we were even on an actual road. We weren't particularly scared as we made sure we had water and the car had gas, etc. but it did get pretty eerie not seeing anyone else for so long. At one point I remember thinking if we broke down no one would even know for a really long time. There was no cell service. I can't even imagine trying to search for her out there, if he/she/they did go that direction. And I too am still very curious about the focus on the park.

whoa - I am really surprised and saddened by the animosity towards IM and the rescue ranch. maybe we are looking at different documents but I didn't see anything except how her words could have been twisted into the allegations that have been made against her. I really don't see how she has any dog in this race at all other than maintaining her rescue.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...christopher-lee-arrest/12961823/?sf28800445=1

"Nichole made statements to Isabel about the detectives having missed something at their residence when it was searched because detectives did not search the garage," the affadavit states. "Nichole told Isabel that without a body the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body."

When contacted Monday evening, Megli told The Desert Sun she and Nichole Lee weren't specifically talking about the Corwin case, but similar cases.

In addition, the affidavit lists retrieval of a rifle belonging to Lee from a closet in the back of Megli's residence.

Megli, however, denies any knowledge that the rifle was in her home.

"I had nothing to do with that," Megli said Monday evening. "I wasn't even involved. If it was here, they took it and they left."

The Geronimo Trail house is owned by Megli, but the Lee family lived there earlier this month. Megli said she had agreed to house the family as they prepared to move to Alaska. The family moved in on July 3, and law enforcement searched the house one day later.

"We had no idea what they were looking for," Megli said.

Megli said Lee left her house last Wednesday. Megli told The Desert Sun that the Lee couple had not spoken to her about the Corwin investigation.

She can backpeddle all she wants. I believe the affidavit.

What about the "keeping their lies straight?" conversation? Nope, it wasn't referring to cases in general.

Sleuthing their child is one quick way to get the thread shut down completely. We were warned.

I wasn't meaning to sleuth the child. My apologies. I was just suggesting a reason why they married so young. In any event, I deleted my post.

Everybody's being sappy about Erin, is the thing. Obviously the manager had an affection for her, appreciated her talent with horses, etc. I can't count how many sappy things I've heard said about her from kind-spirited acquaintances. Oh that sweet girl who worked at the tractor shop. She was such an excellent photographer. A sweeter girl you'll never meet. Etc. The Media came out to the rescue ranch asking about Erin, and the manager put in a plug for the rescue and told about Erin's horse and talent with horses. I don't see how that stinks.

When I was younger I didn't 'get' this but now being older and having been to more funerals, it seems like this just happens when someone has passed away. Seems to happen when people think someone has passed away, as well. I guess it's good to remember people at their best, but it makes me sad for Erin that people are getting sappy about her. IMO of course.

Ok. Thinking on this....MB saw the toyota (and presumably Erin) with a red car. Later his sister saw the Toyota but thought it had been moved further in. Toyota is later found by the water dept employee.

If the sister is correct and it was moved later it still makes sense. MB saw her walk around to the passenger side. Toyota is moved later and driver gets out of the driver's side walks to the waiting vehicle that has the tire treads that are consistent with CL's Jeep. No tracks are found at that time on the passenger's side because the car in not in the original location it was when MB saw the activity around it.

Mel. ( I hope that makes sense. It did in my head :-) )

MB said that the woman went around to the passenger side of EC's car to do something before entering the red car. If there were no prints on the passenger side I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how that could have happened if LE is saying there was only a single set of prints leading from the driver's side to the other car. He seemed so believable. I don't get it.

It's possible that their website is done by a volunteer, is generally pretty static, or is done by a contractor and the main people don't know how to maintain/update it. They are a non-profit, I doubt they have full time tech support

understood HOWEVER the story titled " Why, Why Kill The Donkey???" was typed/signed by IM.....bothersome since this story was printed in May 2014 yet NO mention of "one of their own" in such an awful circumstance a month later...maybe it's the motherly instincts in me that cause me to not grasp this....although I'm sure IM must have been aware that aside from JC, EC had no family in the area......unsettling :sigh:

This scenario applies to some people I'm sure. Stereotyping the victim isn't cool though. Just because it can happen or has happened or could happen, doesn't mean that was in the heart and mind of Erin Corwin.
From reports we've read about Erin up until this point, she was a young lady in love with her husband. I'm uncomfortable lumping the bad decisions stereotype on her before there's proof of it. Maybe she pushed CL away and that ticked him off.
I'm confused about the report that Erin told Jon she was pg again on Father's Day (he would assume with his baby) if she knew there was a possibility the baby wasn't his. Because, (and an alive Jon knows this), if J and E were having relations (even if she had a one time or ongoing thing with CL), there is no way she'd know who fathered the baby this early.

To text a friend in TN that she's going on a special outing to "celebrate" her pregnancy with an affair guy seems plain stupid (not due to youth). I presume Erin knew/knows right from wrong just like most of us (sinners) do. In order to make sense of this, I'd have to know there was serious ongoing trouble between J and E and that they were emotionally and physically estranged. Young people can be monogamous when they value what they have - everyone doesn't throw away what is important to them just because they are young (even while in the military).

Personally, in today's day and age (versus my mother's time who is a beautiful 80 yy!), it is better to wait awhile before starting a family. Taking time to know yourself and have the freedom to experience life unencumbered is a better route imo.
Once that boundary has been crossed though, I believe many young people try their best to rise to the occasion of their commitments. For this reason, I'd like to know more about J and E (not just rumor info based on possibility). People who have been victims of rumor must know how it feels to be judged because someone else was jealous or wants to bring you down in order to elevate themselves. For example, if NL felt threatened by Erin that alone could be cause of something bad happening (due to the lesser encounter - if Erin and CL really had only kissed. That may have grown into a big issue as far as NL was concerned and she let her imagination take over.)

I prefer to error on the side of caution. CL, being older and more experienced, may have put pressure on Erin and she may have been tested (or succumbed), especially in light of the horse ranch connection, but more needs to be understood about how far it went and for how long, etc. CL may have been working Erin while, at the same time, the reality of life (the ho-hums) were beginning to surface in her life - yet her and Jon's marriage was still so young. (????)

I really would like to know all the contents of the text or texts she sent her girlfriend that day and what she had told her girlfriend previously about him before she disappeared. I don't know if she was manipulated by him but I do think she sincerely cared about him.

Was it a stupid move to text her girlfriend about going out for the day with her lover? Maybe not. Maybe it was one of the smartest moves Erin had ever made. Maybe even though she was excited to go and be with him she felt pensive about being pregnant with his child and how he would react when they were alone.

Maybe just maybe she wanted someone to know who she was with that day just in case someone needed to know that. Maybe she was smarter than some think.

In the end the text to her girlfriend is going to be one of the most powerful pieces of evidence if CL is arrested and it goes to trial.

IMO

Okay then. Wonder what this means exactly. Timing is everything (sometimes)!

Its a side view pict of CL on the horse jayjay, Mr B said he saw a man, I was thinking well CL doesn't look like the man Mr B described.

What about the "keeping their lies straight?" conversation? Nope, it wasn't referring to cases in general.

While the ranch owner may have been talking about cases in general, IMO, NL wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member