Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: :balloons:

Hi there. Newbie here. I wanted to address the question of ponds in the area near the base. I have a weekend place in Joshua Tree and my husband and I often have dinner at the 29 Palms Inn which is very close to the base entrance. It's a stunning property with a great restaurant. It's frequented regularly by military people as a special ocassion spot or for cocktails and some music. There's a pond on the property called the Oasis of Mara. It would be an easy place to deposit something casually without being seen. IMO. We often stroll around there ourselves at dusk. Have a cocktail... Deposit some evidence... Normal couple out doing there thing. One never knows. I just wanted to offer some local insight.

I am happy to dip my toe in. :newhere::newhere::newhere::newhere::newhere::newhere:

If he ever owned a .40, he probably didn't think ahead that he would one day use it in a murder, so I'm thinking it was registered on post. Hopefully LE has that info already. It would just be another lie he told.

And it would be easy to bury it somewhere out in the desert after he used it and wanted to get rid of it.

He wouldn't necessarily have to go to JTNP to throw Erin in a mine, there are other mines around the area in the hills he could have taken her to. Depending on how long he has been stationed at 29 Palms, he may have done a lot of sight seeing and exploring so he might know of abandoned old mines in other spots.

Can you post the link for her Pinterest?

Its been posted. I'll locate the overall link. I haven't seen the boat one posted as an isolated link like some other word pins have been.
Since I don't have a Pinterest account, it seems I can't link around too much. Make sense?

Are the links still here on WS?

I wonder if it's for safety reasons since they have a child. Hopefully it's in a safe which is inside of the closet!

well, I tend to think they got this guy currently on his spud loader but what he actually did is not related.

that being said.. he still is charged for a felony on it and I think they are using it to hold him over. That is my two cents. And I DO want to know where in the hello the gun is that shot those spent shells found in the car.

Don't forget.. it would seem spud loader was found after he was off post so registration? not so much. my biggest question: why hide that 21 in the closet? witness said she didn't know it was there. Can a 21 fire 45 rounds?

BBM

I think its going to be a long while before we hear of anything else significant. I think the police want to do all they can to try and locate a body or crime scene before any last resort circumstantial case attempt. Meanwhile, probably going over and over anything and everything they can possibly use. And then who knows what sort of forensics they may still be waiting on (physical and computer). I think most of us are all sure who did this now, and hope justice will eventually be served. Along with that, I hope we find out exactly what happened in detail.
Im still not so sure theyll ever get a conviction with out a crime scene or body. legally speaking, there is a chance this may never be "solved". These two may not be considered smart, but so far, they definitely have the advantage with no crime scene or body and seemed to realize conviction of them is difficult if the body isnt found. They probably counted on that from the start and planned it as well as they could as far as committing the actual homicide.

BBM Sometimes luck trumps smart. And they might just be lucky.

Mel

Welcome Coquette! Can you tell us when/where the storm went through? It hit Big Bear & Calimesa/Yucaipa area on 7/4, but someone else said it hit out there 7/5. (Was it someone local???)

Any locals PLEASE report when and where! Thanks!!

Hi there. Newbie here. I wanted to address the question of ponds in the area near the base. I have a weekend place in Joshua Tree and my husband and I often have dinner at the 29 Palms Inn which is very close to the base entrance. It's a stunning property with a great restaurant. It's frequented regularly by military people as a special ocassion spot or for cocktails and some music. There's a pond on the property called the Oasis of Mara. It would be an easy place to deposit something casually without being seen. IMO. We often stroll around there ourselves at dusk. Have a cocktail... Deposit some evidence... Normal couple out doing there thing. One never knows. I just wanted to offer some local insight.

I am happy to dip my toe in. :newhere::newhere::newhere::newhere::newhere::newhere:

well, I tend to think they got this guy currently on his spud loader but what he actually did is not related.

that being said.. he still is charged for a felony on it and I think they are using it to hold him over. That is my two cents. And I DO want to know where in the hello the gun is that shot those spent shells found in the car.

Don't forget.. it would seem spud loader was found after he was off post so registration? not so much. my biggest question: why hide that 21 in the closet? witness said she didn't know it was there. Can a 21 fire 45 rounds?

That's what I was thinking too. I wonder- he got arrested for a felony, then the next day was discharged. But also around that time, we were reading reports that the NCIS was assisting the police. I wonder because he was military when he got charged with the felony if that meant some kind of military "hold" was placed on him?

Also, when he was arrested, technically... he was still military. Does that mean that he was automatically assigned a JAG?

I would ask my former military husband, but he was never charged/ nor knew anybody charged with a felony while serving in the military. Not sure how it works.

The gun would be easy to get rid of. Kill somebody with it and chunk it somewhere in no man's land, pond, or the lava pits (that somebody mentioned were around that area)

I wonder if it's for safety reasons since they have a child. Hopefully it's in a safe which is inside of the closet!

BBM
you would think

but it was in the closet of the ranch owner who had no idea it was there.

brb with the link (not even the cabin she was kind enough to give them to stay in but another one iirc)

Welcome, welcome! About that pond, do you know if it is a naturally occurring one or more manmade and maybe has liner and is maintained? reason I ask if locally have something similar, and lots of controversy about city having to pay to maintain the thing after the nice developer handed it over.

I.e. would pond have people in there filtering it at times where a weapon might be discovered, or just left to nature and not so likely to be found? Is it relatively private and not visible…accessible at night?

thanks, and one more WELCOME!!

That's what I was thinking too. I wonder- he got arrested for a felony, then the next day was discharged. But also around that time, we were reading reports that the NCIS was assisting the police. I wonder because he was military when he got charged with the felony if that meant some kind of military "hold" was placed on him?

Also, when he was arrested, technically... he was still military. Does that mean that he was automatically assigned a JAG?

I would ask my former military husband, but he was never charged/ nor knew anybody charged with a felony while serving in the military. Not sure how it works.

The gun would be easy to get rid of. Kill somebody with it and chunk it somewhere in no man's land, pond, or the lava pits (that somebody mentioned were around that area)
until he is convicted his honorable will hold up.. it was obviously pre-arranged as he cleared post and housing.

if he is convicted on the felony they can revisit his status (<per my officer husband) Also note: convicted. That means arrested, stand trial, go thru it all and found guilty... At this point this guy has just made bail so we are in for a while on the above in my experience.

OK thanks for the potato gun education. Over here the only way I could kill someone with a potato is through my poor cooking.

Must depart this fine forum. All the talk of food, but mostly starting to get blasted with severe thunderstorms and have to shut down. Screw the health food. Non-lethal (except to arteries ice cream.

may Erin be found, and found SOON!

OK thanks for the potato gun education. Over here the only way I could kill someone with a potato is through my poor cooking.

LOL. Same here.
Tonight it's the safe version of tator tot casserole.

If CL killed Erin, do you think it was out of anger or more a sense of "it's got to be done?" I'm wondering if it wouldn't be difficult to kill her if he wasn't angry. That could have a lot to do with the method used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen